Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

RunCam Swift Mini

An all new drone camera for FPV fixed wing or multirotor, in a 12 gram package. The RunCam Swift Mini is great for smaller platforms and race quads.

Splash

RunCam Reliability in a Smaller Package

RunCam has just announced a new camera to add to their growing lineup, and this time it's a mini version of the Swift. At 600TVL, this 12 gram FPV camera features a 1/3" SONY Super HAD II CCD sensor and your choice of lenses in 2.5mm / 2.3mm / 2.1mm. As with most of the RunCam cameras, it has a wide voltage input from 5v up to 36v. The price for the Swift Mini is $34.99, and it's available in orange or black.

The Swift Mini comes with all the accessories you'd expect from a RunCam product:

• Camera
  • Aluminum bracket
  • ABS bracket
  • Set of screws
  • 5D-OSD menu cable
  • 3pin FPV silicone cable
  • 2pin extension cord for menu cable
  • 1x Manual

CLICK HERE for more info on the new RunCam Swift Mini

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Feb 22, 2017 at 08:33 AM..
Feb 22, 2017, 09:31 AM
Administrator
Maybe this will be my first Runcam!
Feb 22, 2017, 07:11 PM
Ya know, I rarely defend or sway people toward a company, but Runcam has done right by me. I hate the Runcam Owl Plus. It seriously disappointed me as an all around FPV cam as promised. However, my Runcam Swifts have been amazing. Plus, after contacting the company about buying extra lens covers after not finding them readily available, they went out of their way to make it easy...

This cam will make it possible to use Runcams on my micro builds also, which is awesome!
Feb 22, 2017, 07:37 PM
From the bowels of MI
Probably won't fit but I ordered one and will try to see if I can get it mounted on my Atom v1.
Feb 22, 2017, 07:57 PM
Don't call it a drone!
Does it come in 16:9?
Feb 22, 2017, 08:24 PM
Might try this cam for a rear camera. I have the eagle 16:9 and owl plus on the front. The eagle 16:9 was a disappointment for me...
Feb 22, 2017, 11:43 PM
Nice. This seems perfect for those mini quads that barely need to use a micro camera, like some 150-180's or the vortex 250 that requires 3d printed parts to provide clearance for the swift or hs1177. Rock on Runcam and RCG
Feb 23, 2017, 08:51 AM
Runcam are normally pretty good. If space is really tight there are a few other options though. I've been using a Foxeer XAT600SM on my 180 quad for a while now ... that's the same spec. (1/3" SONY Super HAD II CCD, 600 TVL), but the board is only 17x17 mm. Doesn't come with a mounting bracket though.
Feb 23, 2017, 09:07 AM
Don't call it a drone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMdesertracer
Might try this cam for a rear camera. I have the eagle 16:9 and owl plus on the front. The eagle 16:9 was a disappointment for me...
I have 3 Eagles, 2 work well. 1 has jiggly jello, like a cheap cmos cam.
Feb 23, 2017, 05:33 PM
The problem I get with the 16:9 is the screen is stretched im using FS v3's. Now if I adjust the camera on the bench the pic looks fine. 300ft up not so looks blurry. If I adjust the cam the best I can for higher altitudes I get a shimmering effect on the shadows. The eagle is cmos.
Feb 23, 2017, 06:16 PM
fly by night
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham
Maybe this will be my first Runcam!
is there an echo in here??

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ize-same-image
Feb 24, 2017, 07:03 AM
I preordered one for my 180 Tweaker FPV Addiction build. I think it will be a perfect addition, hopefully it works well.
Feb 24, 2017, 08:25 AM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker
C'mon man; you're no spring chicken on this site! By now, you know the difference between a standard post and a news story generated by the RCG staff. This is the latter of the two. It appears in the forums, on the homepage left column, and in the channels page. We also post these stories as links on our social media.

From time to time, users will say "there's already a thread on this!" What you guys don't realize is that if we didn't create a news story solely based on an existing thread having been already posted, we'd never post any news stories for everyone to see. We do our best to link to existing threads in the news story, usually to the tune of "CLICK HERE to the the RCGroups thread already in progress". Sometimes a few get by... Hope that helps you understand.
Feb 26, 2017, 02:59 AM
lurking in the HOLE :)
I think its great that Matt, Jim and others from RCG do these news stories. I don't have time to sift through all the threads to look for product reviews and user feedback, so it's good to simply go to the category at the top of the page and find these. If it gets my interest I can then dig deeper. Keep up the good work guys.

So far this cam is looking a winner.

Mark
Feb 27, 2017, 02:44 AM
I got this runcam swif mini on my Screamer 250 pentacopter that bought from FOXTECH. Very good performance when flying.