Apr 11, 2017, 08:53 AM
I started unpacking parts but haven't really assemble anything. Took a weight on my motors and they cam in heavier than expected at 27-28 gs. This might be because of the long wires plus including including the prop nut. Doesn't include which is another 2 g for 2 of them. Also looked at the xt60 cable i had which is 12 awg and weights 12gs which is way more than i expected. Needless to say i will be revisiting this and might change to 16 awg. My goal is to be able to use my bigger batteries so i will stick with xt60.

So right no its looking like i will be around 200 to 215g with no battery.

At this time i am planing on using 3s for a specific local race class that is 5" 3s limited. This build was planned around 4s but 2522kv should do ok on 3s. With a 3s i am looking to be under 350g AUW

DMC what are you projecting your weight at?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 12, 2017, 10:11 AM
Just finished the build with the full size fc (seriously dodo) and esc (racestar 20ax4) and I'm coming in at 174g without battery and racekraft 5038 props. If I also install the stock cf camera cage it comes in at 181g. I don't think I'm going to get to fly it today but hopefully soon. If I go with a runcam swift like I usually race with then it comes in at 190g, I'm going to try and fly it first with the mini camera though.

Banggood also fully refunded my money for the faulty esc so now thinking about doing a mini tricopter build with the 20x20 stack where only 3 escs work and try and locate one of the v2 stacks that can run dshot.
Apr 12, 2017, 03:03 PM
This is the one I ordered.

http://www.gearbest.com/flight-contr...pp_616119.html
Apr 12, 2017, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by transam2k4
Keep me posted with how well it works. I like that it has OSD integrated as well. For now I'll fly the dodo build.
Apr 13, 2017, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by transam2k4
I have this one. WIth the stock leads its 9.1g

I don't know if I'd expect it to drive 20A continuous btw.
Apr 13, 2017, 09:07 PM
Yeah we discussed that earlier... it looks very similar to the 10A 4 in 1 esc.. lets see how it works.
Apr 14, 2017, 03:50 PM

DODO Rev 3a External Mag & Sonar

Hi, Had Holybro external Mag working on a Dodo 3a in old version of Cleanflight. Then after recent update, wont recognize, tried Betaflight, doesn't work with it either. Not able to get sonar to work at all, not sure if that's just the board architecture though?

Thanks for any advice,

If there is a better thread for this, I appologize.
Apr 14, 2017, 06:56 PM
z33
z33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugenski

This is the first 20a 4-1 I have seen with 20x20 holes. Great find.

So far only seen 10a and 12a sets.
Apr 14, 2017, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by z33
This is the first 20a 4-1 I have seen with 20x20 holes. Great find.

So far only seen 10a and 12a sets.
There are a few sited in this thread, but if that one works well it might be the best bet because it supports dshot and has built in osd.
Apr 15, 2017, 06:18 PM
Got some line of sight (FPV headset is broken until parts get here hopefully next few days) flights in today in my 1 acre yard (not enough to really open this thing up) and this thing is without a doubt the fastest and quietest brushless quad I've ever flown. Very nimble and insanely quick. Can't wait to take this thing out to a better flying area when my headset is working again. I'm thinking this is going to be a great acro rig too due to the responsiveness and its so light it just floats around.

Flew it with 650mah packs and 1000mah packs and actually like the feel better (probably just cause I'm used to heavier quads) with the 1000mah pack.
Apr 21, 2017, 02:29 AM
z33
z33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugenski

Hi mate,

Just got mine today. Came pre flashed with bf 3.1. Do you know where the boot pins are? How do I flash it to the latest hex.

To confirm it's running omnibus?

Edit: found the boot pads based on the diagram on GB. Pencil trick didn't work though.

Cheers,
Z
Last edited by z33; Apr 21, 2017 at 02:42 AM.