Apr 14, 2017, 08:04 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Does this RunCam v3 still overheat during Live-Video-Out flying?
I saw a video mentioning this medium/high heating is normal, but after 5minutes of flying most hobbiest
will land and this will allow it to cool down....

....but what if you use Live-Video-Out (using as main FPV camera) is used on fixed wing and it flies for ~30min
to remove ads between posts
Apr 14, 2017, 10:03 PM
We have flown for almost an hour with a runcam HD2 on fixed wing. The real answer though is ALL HD cameras can hang and its not wise to fly with an HD camera as your main camera. My flying buddy who didnt think this was important has a really nice mini talon on the side of a local mountain somewhere as proof.
Apr 15, 2017, 04:28 AM
quick test

Runcam3 first test (2 min 19 sec)
Apr 15, 2017, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappomatt
We have flown for almost an hour with a runcam HD2 on fixed wing. The real answer though is ALL HD cameras can hang and its not wise to fly with an HD camera as your main camera. My flying buddy who didnt think this was important has a really nice mini talon on the side of a local mountain somewhere as proof.
True!
...but I read somewhere RunCam v2/v3 are best for All-in-One FPV camera (dedicated and HD recording)
Apr 17, 2017, 04:06 AM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
What are the changes for the latest firmare version 1.1? Runcam 2 firmware updates come with changelog, I wonder why Runcam 3 doesn't.

Firmware: http://runcam.com/download/runcam3/r...mware_v1.1.zip
Apr 18, 2017, 12:36 PM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG

My short review

YouTube compression removed quite a bit of detail from my RC3 video clips! Videos look way better before uploading to YouTube.

📷Runcam 3 Review, Comparison with 📹Runcam2 & 📷Yi, ☀️Day & 🌙Night Samples (16 min 5 sec)

I compared RC3 videos with RC2 and Yi camera. I also tried it in the afternoon, evening and night.

Overall, I'm very pleased with Runcam 3. It is certainly a huge improvement over Runcam 2. Audio is clearer, and WDR effectively exposes the bright and dark areas of the video.
Apr 18, 2017, 02:56 PM
Does your RCv3 get hot after 10min of usage?
Apr 18, 2017, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1
Does your RCv3 get hot after 10min of usage?
Yes. In the other RunCam 3 thread I wrote about my experience of putting it into time lapse mode (w/o charging at the same time) and having the thing get so hot after 25 min it wouldn't turn on until I put it in the fridge.
Apr 18, 2017, 09:44 PM
Born for RC Fanatics
Avoiding the rain, quick run to the river and back... (11 min 22 sec)
Apr 24, 2017, 05:21 PM
Just received my official HolyBro Shuriken V2 and RunCam 3. Can't wait to try it out. Hoping for no yaw twitching or loose lenses. Also, there was a sticker on the back of camera stating that opening up the unit voids the warranty. So if there is a focus problem, contact RunCam ASAP.
Name: IMG_6507.JPG
Views: 20
Size: 286.2 KB
Description:
May 06, 2017, 07:54 AM
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-34720961

According to Oscar Liang in the IntoFPV forums... the problem looks to actually stem from Polaroid! TBH, I was totally intrigued when first saw the Cube on some miniquads on YouTube (old RotorRiot videos?). While the form factor was very cool, it was heavy with a magnet (couldn't be good for our electronics, although people have removed it), wasn't RFI-shielded, and the video quality wasn't really that great.

While I seem to think that the Cube was the first cube-shaped action camera, there has to be enough prior art (obviousness/anticipation) to kill of any utility patent. Also, the shape, rounded edges, simplified one lens/button design, are arguably functional, so may not deserve a design patent.
Last edited by TweakRacer; May 07, 2017 at 02:21 AM.
May 31, 2017, 06:19 AM
Is there another version of cube shaped Runcam coming, Runcam 4 perhaps?
Jun 01, 2017, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpv scout
is there another version of cube shaped runcam coming, runcam 4 perhaps?
3c?
Jun 07, 2017, 04:10 PM
According to the website wich i got redirected to from the Runcam 3 page, the new Runcam is gonna be the Runcam Split?
http://shop.runcam.com/runcam-split/
Quote:
Product Description
Transformed from RunCam 3, our Latest Innovated HD camera for FPV, RunCam Split is coming soon!
Jun 07, 2017, 06:01 PM
aka RCFlyer85
Nice @Runcam if any review units go out please keep me in mind

Quick Reply