All about RunCam 3 - Page 2 - RC Groups
Apr 03, 2017, 01:25 PM
R/C Superfan
I like what I am seeing,I have the original RunCam HD that I use constantly for everything from aerial videoe onboard one of my quadcopters to making video reviews on my Youtube channel.I think I will need to be checking into this new RunCam 3 soon
to remove ads between posts
Apr 04, 2017, 10:27 PM
define("BEASTMODE", "1");
Here's some video from a fixed wing platform. Nice little camera!

Flight footage, Skyhunter with the Runcam 3 (8 min 19 sec)
Apr 11, 2017, 12:33 PM
Hope BG starts shipping the preorders on 4/15/17! Can't wait
Apr 11, 2017, 11:40 PM
Gravity is patient............
Nice. What's the latency on the tv out? Is it flyable as an FPV camera or will we still need a separate flight camera?
Apr 12, 2017, 01:44 AM
I think I saw something about 45 to 50ms.
Apr 12, 2017, 03:22 AM
Is it not possible at all, that this cam can be hacked to do superview ?
Apr 12, 2017, 04:53 AM
16/9 sensor. so no.
Apr 12, 2017, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakRacer
Hope BG starts shipping the preorders on 4/15/17! Can't wait
Why not order from runcam.com directly? The price is about the same and their service is great!
Apr 12, 2017, 07:03 AM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG

Recover a hanged RC3?

I received mine for review. I tried to do some tests with the Android app. When I accessed a couple of videos directly from the app, my RC3 hanged. I cannot power off or reboot the camera. I cannot remove the battery to shut off the camera. I couldn't find a reset button so I kept trying and trying... then it responded and powered off.

What is the correct way to fix a hanged RC3?
Apr 12, 2017, 10:51 PM
Gravity is patient............
Quote:
I think I saw something about 45 to 50ms.
I saw that too, but I was wondering if that's been confirmed yet.
Apr 13, 2017, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanO-FPV
Why not order from runcam.com directly? The price is about the same and their service is great!
I was already on BG ordering my Shuriken X1, and the RC3 was $91 (instead of $99).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG
I received mine for review. I tried to do some tests with the Android app. When I accessed a couple of videos directly from the app, my RC3 hanged. I cannot power off or reboot the camera. I cannot remove the battery to shut off the camera. I couldn't find a reset button so I kept trying and trying... then it responded and powered off.
What is the correct way to fix a hanged RC3?
Instructions say to press power and wifi buttons simultaneously. I think it was in an Albert Kim Youtube video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60
I saw that too, but I was wondering if that's been confirmed yet.
Haven't seen anyone film a stopwatch and the video output yet.
Apr 13, 2017, 10:08 AM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG

Thanks

Quote:
Instructions say to press power and wifi buttons simultaneously...
I read the instructions again and found it. It's at page 11, under "Forced Shutdown".
Apr 13, 2017, 10:02 PM
Glad you found it. Hopefully, I will know soon enough. BG just shipped my RC3 via IB.
Apr 14, 2017, 03:10 AM
Born for RC Fanatics
Latency test here
Runcam 3 Review (compared to Yi4k, WDR, menu, low LATENCY) | RCSchim Hangar (12 min 19 sec)
Apr 14, 2017, 10:55 AM
Thank you for sharing the video. I wonder if the RunCam 3 was recording during the latency test? Some camera's latency gets a lot worse during recording.

For the latency test, the YouTube'r could try using a stopwatch (on smartphone) setup, instead of turning the LED on/off and then calculating time/frames of the video footage. For example:
FPV Camera Latency - Testing and comparison (Mobius, 808#16, GoPro and FatShark) (11 min 23 sec)

Quick Reply