View Poll Results: Would you use a food truck daily?
Yes - I would eat there daily 32 82.05%
No - I would bring my own food 7 17.95%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Feb 20, 2017, 12:25 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

F3J & F5J in the Desert - Vegas 2017 - Food Poll

If you are attending this event please take the poll as to whether you would use a food truck at the site daily.
We have 5 days of competition and practice so I am thinking a couple of different trucks.
You can post thoughts on this in this thread too.

Jim
to remove ads between posts
Feb 20, 2017, 12:59 PM
Gone Flyin'
I like the idea! I'd use them.
Latest blog entry: Xplorer F5J
Feb 20, 2017, 01:03 PM
I live in the area and will obtain the available vendors info and pass it along to Jim. I know one is Mexican food and the other is American although, the trailer is parked next to the only bar in the valley and may not be allowed to move. I'll check it out and report back.

Mike
Feb 20, 2017, 02:07 PM
Thread OP
There are a bunch of trucks reviewed on Yelp - I think we can have plenty of options.
Jim
Feb 20, 2017, 02:53 PM
UAV F3J EDF
Hi Jim

Good idea and I will use them.

David Hobby
Feb 20, 2017, 03:30 PM
With the contest site and hotel location both being pretty isolated, it will be VERY handy to have food available on site.
At least 2 trucks each day would be nice to offer a choice.
How about a hamburger vendor and/or a sub/sandwich vendor?

Lenny
Feb 20, 2017, 07:46 PM
NorCal Electric Soaring (NES)
I like the idea of a Mexican food truck and a hamburger/hotdog/sandwich truck.
Feb 20, 2017, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoaringDude
I like the idea of a Mexican food truck and a hamburger/hotdog/sandwich truck.
This is exactly what both trucks will offer and they are local to the valley. FYI all, the Sandy Valley flying site is about 45+ miles from Las Vegas and most food truck vendors don't like to leave the Vegas Valley. But, it doesn't hurt to ask.
Feb 21, 2017, 12:09 AM
Awesome, will definitely use them!!! Great idea!
Feb 21, 2017, 09:10 AM
You know.......

The Las Vegas area also offers a number of firms that provide traveling "shows"........or, shall we say, "traveling entertainment packages".......

How should I say this......"What happens in Vegas....." also has mobile options available. No need to worry about lodging if you spend the night face down in a ditch at the field. Convenient!

Of course, the r/c soaring crowd is pretty staid and stoic so I don't know.......but with a turnout like this, there will be some who get their cray on.

Anyway, just spitballing here......a hangover is a great way to move an elite flier down the leader board. Pictures from the night before is another. Handicapping as it were.

Jim, Jon, Lenny and everyone involved have done such excellent work putting this together that I wouldn't put anything past them. Perhaps a Thunderbird flyover to kick things off.

http://www.lasvegasparty-bus.com
Feb 21, 2017, 11:28 AM

Food Truck

In response to the food truck idea for the Las Vegas event, I think it is excellent idea and I fully support.

Thanks for considering and organizing.

Skip
Feb 23, 2017, 01:17 PM
Team DS Composites USA
I think it'd be great to have a food truck!
Latest blog entry: My sailplanes

Quick Reply