Jun 23, 2017, 05:20 AM
Thank you for your answers!
You actually made a great system description - I just missed that page in your blog. Sorry about that. And now it looks really very interesting to me! I'm going to try it now and I believe you did a great job for making this FW. I will try to spread info of this system as wide as I can.
I hope that soon it will be the most popular thread for LRS systems at rcg
It wold be still great to see some clear and easy to understand comparison with OpenLRSng and UltimateLRS in terms of main specifications such as a delay and link distance.
I'm afraid they gonna suffer!

As for the features request at the moment the most interesting would be SBUS and PPX in support .

In regard to video issue I only can say that a friend of mine got max distance only about 7km with patch antenna and 1W 1.3 TX when switched to Crossfire from Rmilec. He climes that before he easily flied for 30km with this setup. There might be of course another reason for that.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 23, 2017, 06:49 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Quote:
Originally Posted by qczek
OK, but are you sure that your problems are related to band you use.
I do not have problems with my current LRS (OLRS) :P
Maybe telemetry would be nice, but i'm not sure - just testing stuff. Well, actually telemetry is only reason why i would migrate, i think (for tracker, instead of audio modem).
Still, would be nice to get another band (keep 433MHz for current LRS, 868MHz for another system, which is tested).
I would get modules immediately if you add support for 868MHz band.

Quote:
You will lost 50 bucks spend for 2 modules... You have to answer yourself if it's worth or not
Not sure, fun factor is not counted-in ;-)
Quote:
APM/PixHawk can output any PWM channel you want...
Yes, if it's AP copter - "It's on NAZA"; if it's plane - "It's on APM". In reality ppl use so much different stuff... ;-)
Jun 23, 2017, 06:51 AM
Sadly, ULRS has hit a real speed bump now that we have found that the HopeRF RFM23BP module on which it is based is really pretty poor and not reliable when powered such that it outputs 1W. It looks like it may be fixable with some truly difficult SMD repairs. I had spent a fair amount of time and $$ before this came to light -- and I probably would not had I known.

Are these modules reliable at full power -- they look a lot better than the RFM23BP. Hardware-wise they just seem much more robust than combining an Amtel 368 and HopeRF23BP. Much of the efforts with ULRS have been consumed with DIY hardware -- this does not seem to be the case here.

Has anyone achieved long range with them? What is the latency?

All looks very promising.
Jun 23, 2017, 08:16 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMouse
Thank you for your answers!
You actually made a great system description - I just missed that page in your blog. Sorry about that. ....
No problem
Regarding your friend's video issue, i can only say that using 400mW 1.28Ghz Video TX there is no way, to achieve more then your friend did, with pretty clear video.
The problem must be related to wiring, try to use separate BEC for LoRa RX. Another issue could be related to ground loop...

Good luck!
Jun 23, 2017, 08:35 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABLomas
I do not have problems with my current LRS (OLRS) :P
Maybe telemetry would be nice, but i'm not sure - just testing stuff. Well, actually telemetry is only reason why i would migrate, i think (for tracker, instead of audio modem).
Still, would be nice to get another band (keep 433MHz for current LRS, 868MHz for another system, which is tested).
I would get modules immediately if you add support for 868MHz band.

Not sure, fun factor is not counted-in ;-)

Yes, if it's AP copter - "It's on NAZA"; if it's plane - "It's on APM". In reality ppl use so much different stuff... ;-)
I will check what are the differences btw 433 and 868 internals, maybe only RF chip, and maybe i will prepare something for 868....
Regarding PPM output, as you see, there are no more pins available, the goal of the project was to use existing hardware, limit costs, etc. No wiring arduino mini or other kit.. If you have single PIN without hardware inverter you can only implement CPPM, no chance for SBUS.....
Jun 23, 2017, 10:01 AM
I've seen SBUS encoder made on Arduino that works perfectly without hardware inverter. I don't know how is it possible - but it works.
Jun 23, 2017, 12:33 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMouse
I've seen SBUS encoder made on Arduino that works perfectly without hardware inverter. I don't know how is it possible - but it works.
Please find this source and i will take a look
Last edited by qczek; Jun 23, 2017 at 12:42 PM.
Jun 24, 2017, 04:06 PM
Not sure were it was, but I will try to find.

For a moment it seems like I have some troubles with a servo control.
It has a huge jitter and it moves in a very strange way compared to the stick movement. Servo is hot and smells burned.
But when RX goes to FS state, servo changes it's position and the jitter stops.
Different servos give the same result.
Please have a look.

YDXJ0262 (0 min 48 sec)
Jun 24, 2017, 04:13 PM
Thread OP
Hi, did you use single servo mode?
Jun 24, 2017, 04:23 PM
I hope so as I didn't change noOfCPPMChnls and it supposed to be 0.
Jun 24, 2017, 04:29 PM
Thread OP
Did you try to save config at least once?
Jun 24, 2017, 04:30 PM
No I didn't. I'll try now.
Do I need to save it for TX as well?

UPD
Damn! It was not zero! It was 8!!!
Jun 24, 2017, 04:32 PM
Thread OP
Yes and for tx it should be set to non zero value corresponding to no of channels send from your radio
Jun 24, 2017, 04:42 PM
Thread OP
Does it work now?
Jun 24, 2017, 04:43 PM
Yes, it works now like a charm! And the delay is really small! That's wonderful!
Thank you.
It's amazing how it's easy to make an LRS now! (Or even one can say ULRS)
I'm waiting hard to test it now.

BTW, may I also suggest another nice future - automatic power control based on RSSI.

Quick Reply