Jun 20, 2017, 04:32 AM
Hi qczek,
That's a great new development!

Can the telemetry transmission be switched off? In case someone don't use mavlink.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 20, 2017, 06:18 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMouse
Can the telemetry transmission be switched off? In case someone don't use mavlink.
If you mean disabling telemetry to improve frequency of CPPM frames transfer, no it's not possible now.
Jun 20, 2017, 07:32 AM
Exactly.
Will you do that in the future?
Jun 21, 2017, 04:23 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Exactly.
Will you do that in the future?
Depending on how many users will be interested in this modification
Jun 21, 2017, 09:54 PM
I'm planning on building a set of these in the next few months. I'm looking forward to the gui configurator. Great work by the way.
Last edited by scotty562; Jun 21, 2017 at 10:05 PM.
Jun 21, 2017, 10:17 PM
Are these compatible?
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...04650-VnYZvQVf
Jun 21, 2017, 10:34 PM
I was curious about that too. He replied to someone on his one blog post that the rf chip seems to be different.
Jun 21, 2017, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty562
I was curious about that too. He replied to someone on his one blog post that the rf chip seems to be different.
I can see that it is different now. Unlikely to be compatible.
Jun 21, 2017, 11:17 PM
g0t rabb1t?
Hello qczek,
what about 868MHz version?
Modules are available for the same price:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ebyte-SX1276...e/192171348683
868MHz band is much cleaner here (and prob. in most places in EU), also smaller antennas for slightly lower range. But this requires a bit different code for freq selection, right?
Jun 22, 2017, 02:41 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Dornan
No, it's not compatible...
Jun 22, 2017, 03:07 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABLomas
Hello qczek,
what about 868MHz version?
Modules are available for the same price:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ebyte-SX1276...e/192171348683
868MHz band is much cleaner here (and prob. in most places in EU), also smaller antennas for slightly lower range. But this requires a bit different code for freq selection, right?
Maybe some day..., but personally i dont need it, and currently i think no one use 433 version, so i'm not going to create new one only for single user....
Jun 22, 2017, 04:55 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Quote:
Originally Posted by qczek
Maybe some day..., but personally i dont need it, and currently i think no one use 433 version, so i'm not going to create new one only for single user....
I would, but i already have 433MHz LRS, so would jump to new system only if i can switch to different band.
But yes, i guess currently issue is with user amount. Most of users are probably afraid - code is closed, what if you drop away development and disappear?
Jun 22, 2017, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qczek
i think no one use 433 version, so i'm not going to create new one only for single user....
I guess because nobody really knows about this system.

Popularity of any DIY project also depends a lot on how good is the documentation and the author attitude. If user requested features are declined from the beginning, it won't really help much.

Besides it might be completely unclear for most users what are the advantages of this system. And that is not described anywhere. I use OpenLRSNG that supports both 433 and 868, has plenty of features and easily gives range about 10km with simple Vee antennas.

At the same time I know that there are some worrying issues with Lora systems. First of all there are reports that Lora modules really interference with 1,2 video a lot. Like reducing range maybe in a half. That what my friend got with Crossfire at least.

Second is very low RF communication speed and probably a big model control delay.

No PWM outputs that are necessary for Pan-Tilt and Buzzer control.

So what will one gain switching to this system from any other already well known - that is what I suppose the first info to be written in the first post.
Jun 23, 2017, 03:09 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
I would, but i already have 433MHz LRS, so would jump to new system only if i can switch to different band.
OK, but are you sure that your problems are related to band you use. Personally i have a lot of fail safe using range link (433Mhz) with max available power selected. Now using LoRa solution i have single or even zereo fails safes during my flights.

Quote:
Most of users are probably afraid - code is closed, what if you drop away development and disappear?
You will lost 50 bucks spend for 2 modules... You have to answer yourself if it's worth or not
Jun 23, 2017, 03:52 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
I guess because nobody really knows about this system.
It's true

Quote:
Popularity of any DIY project also depends a lot on how good is the documentation and the author attitude. If user requested features are declined from the beginning, it won't really help much.
Yes, but believe that everything will be done by author and you will get ready to use commercial grade product is absurd. There is big role of community to make DIY projects better. Did you asked about test flashed modules, for review/testing, no, did anybody propose to write configuration tool, did anybody propose to 3d print module enclosure for other users, no... maybe i missed youtube tutorials made by community

I need real feedback to improve anything, to implement new future, maybe even design pcb with more powerful MCU, make sbus working, etc...
Real flights, real experience, not only requests for new futures when even existing are not used.

Quote:
Besides it might be completely unclear for most users what are the advantages of this system. And that is not described anywhere.
Everything is in here http://qczek.beyondrc.com/qczek-lrs-...specyfication/
Fill free to make comparison to different systems for other users

Quote:
I use OpenLRSNG that supports both 433 and 868, has plenty of features and easily gives range about 10km with simple Vee antennas.
I don't want to force anybody to stop using any system...

Quote:
At the same time I know that there are some worrying issues with Lora systems. First of all there are reports that Lora modules really interference with 1,2 video a lot. Like reducing range maybe in a half. That what my friend got with Crossfire at least.
I didn't have such a problems, can you provide more details?

Quote:
Second is very low RF communication speed and probably a big model control delay.
Probably for racing quads

Quote:
No PWM outputs that are necessary for Pan-Tilt and Buzzer control.
APM/PixHawk can output any PWM channel you want...

Regards
Krzysiek

Quick Reply