Thread Tools
Sep 27, 2021, 09:31 AM
Discovering the joys of flying
Adilson's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMouse
Yes, mavlink and s-bus require 2 serials, but there is always one serial that is used for telemetry and it can be shared with QLRS. So for controllers with the dedicated sbus input like Omnibus it still the better option, because it doesn't require one more dedicated uart for f-port.
I'm not sure if I understand what you're saying but, if I understand you correctly, usually the SBUS is just a serial port with an inverter and this serial port is accessible before the inverter, I.E. TX2 -> inverter -> S-BUS so it is really not a big deal.
In any case, it was just a suggestion. Currently, I'm using ExpressLRS anyway.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 27, 2021, 10:53 AM
Registered User
RocketMouse's Avatar
Omnibus has only dedicated Rx for sbus. No Tx. So it's useless for anything else.
BTW no inversion needed for SBUS. It can be SF inverted. While Fport always requires HW inverter for F4 cpu and similar.
Sep 29, 2021, 07:38 PM
Rana
Quote:
Originally Posted by qczek
Hi
Good news
Finally managed SWD flashing of E78-868LN22S
https://youtu.be/75IxMrCviJY

Time to build new more powerful QCZEK LRS RX
128KB of flash memory waiting for new ideas
Kris
Congratulations Kris ! Thank you so much.
Oct 03, 2021, 01:06 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by qczek
Hi
Good news
Finally managed SWD flashing of E78-868LN22S
https://youtu.be/75IxMrCviJY

Time to build new more powerful QCZEK LRS RX
128KB of flash memory waiting for new ideas
Kris
congrats and greatest thanks, keep on i always believed ur perfect work Kris is here to stay 4 ever, best news to us all, long live qczek lrs
ur pumping an amazing rc taste to our hobby that is second to none
Oct 04, 2021, 06:25 PM
Registered User
chris higdon's Avatar
Do you plan to add support for the E78-470LN22S modules?

According to the ad/specs, they use the same processor (ASR6501) as the E78-868LN22S, but are listed as 410-493MHz instead of 850-925MHz. (and are also listed as 22dbm, so about 60mw more than the 868 version)

It would be useful to still have the option of using 433, especially since these appear to be 2 grams lighter than the e32-***T20s modules.
(1.3g vs 3.4 grams)

I didn't see any 30dbm modules in this line, but could a LNA be used to to get more output if required, or would the LNA add enough noise so as to not actually increase the range?
Maybe with an additional band pass filter too?
Last edited by chris higdon; Oct 04, 2021 at 06:33 PM. Reason: typos
Oct 06, 2021, 11:58 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris higdon
I didn't see any 30dbm modules in this line, but could a LNA be used to to get more output if required, or would the LNA add enough noise so as to not actually increase the range?
Maybe with an additional band pass filter too?
1w modules (t30d) do have LNA in them. And because of it they get saturated by a nearby 1.2ghz VTX, even with relatively low power ~200-300 mw is enough to cut the sensitivity from -118 dbm to -88-90 dbm. Before I installed a band pass filter with more than 40 db out of band attenuation I couldn't get farther than 15-20 km.
Oct 07, 2021, 06:54 PM
Registered User

DIY 433 with EZUHF Hardware


Is there a way to flash EZUHF hardware with new firmware to get a 433MHz ELRS or QLRS type system? Ive got a bunch of EZUHF TX and RX's collecting dust.
Oct 08, 2021, 01:15 AM
Registered User
RocketMouse's Avatar
Not with QLRS. And will never be )
Oct 08, 2021, 03:36 PM
Registered User
mike_o's Avatar

Another save by QCZEK LRS


Dusted of my old Bix3 for some relaxed FPV. However, the entire camera/VTX fell off mid air leaving me with no video and plane out of LOS. Switching to RTL brought the plane home, but the camera and VTx was missing.

bix3 fpv cam eject (1 min 20 sec)


Fortunately I had my phone running QGC, and I could make out from the track trace, where the RTL had kicked in. So I could simply walk over with the phone in hand (Q symbol follows phone on the map) to the expected drop area. and sure enough there was the camera.

Some time ago QCZEKLRS saved an entire plane from infinite loiter over the sea, and now it saved my cam/vtx Thank you!
Oct 08, 2021, 07:59 PM
Registered User

Is there a QCZEK LRS Instructional somewhere?


Is there an instructional site where a guy that can solder and follow instructions can learn to build, configure and use a 433 Mhz QCZEK system for fixed wing RC aircraft? Ive been perusing this thread and frankly get lost in all the tangents that get discussed which are frequently way over my head. Would love to see a start-to-finish explanation of hardware needed for RX and TX, programming/configuration steps, wiring, binding, and how to hook it up to a flight controller (like Matek 411 SE Wing) in a fixed wing aircraft.

My goal is to have an economical 433 MHz LRS system for long range fixed wing use (say 20 miles), where I can build the TX for my Taranis radio and RX's for various wings as needed.

I hoped to use a ExpressLRS system for 433Mhz, but it seems hardware is available for only 2.4 and 915 bands. I need 433MHz to get the range and penetration I want in my suburban (and heavily forested) environment.
Last edited by Cfish; Oct 08, 2021 at 08:05 PM. Reason: added info
Oct 08, 2021, 10:08 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfish
Is there an instructional site where a guy that can solder and follow instructions can learn to build, configure and use a 433 Mhz QCZEK system for fixed wing RC aircraft? Ive been perusing this thread and frankly get lost in all the tangents that get discussed which are frequently way over my head. Would love to see a start-to-finish explanation of hardware needed for RX and TX, programming/configuration steps, wiring, binding, and how to hook it up to a flight controller (like Matek 411 SE Wing) in a fixed wing aircraft.

My goal is to have an economical 433 MHz LRS system for long range fixed wing use (say 20 miles), where I can build the TX for my Taranis radio and RX's for various wings as needed.

I hoped to use a ExpressLRS system for 433Mhz, but it seems hardware is available for only 2.4 and 915 bands. I need 433MHz to get the range and penetration I want in my suburban (and heavily forested) environment.
Try to read and follow instructions thoroughly.We will help you where you get stuck.
Oct 09, 2021, 02:27 AM
Registered User
RocketMouse's Avatar
I agree. Official manual is quite good, and gives all the info to build it from scratch.

Btw, 20 miles is not really a long range, but 433 will not give any advantages over 915 for such a distance.
433 will also not penetrate the heavy forest )
Oct 09, 2021, 06:04 AM
Discovering the joys of flying
Adilson's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMouse
I agree. Official manual is quite good, and gives all the info to build it from scratch.

Btw, 20 miles is not really a long range, but 433 will not give any advantages over 915 for such a distance.
433 will also not penetrate the heavy forest )
Agree. Forests absorb a lot of radio waves. You would be better with the antenna mounted higher.
Oct 09, 2021, 11:16 AM
Registered User
mike_o's Avatar
20 miles range requires line of sight, a semi-directional antenna and/or relative noise-free environment. And to maintain line of sight at 20 miles you will have to take the earths curvature into consideration: If your radio antenna is held in front of you at 120cm over the ground, the plane will need to be at 63m just to have marginal LOS.

And you have to work with (suppress) the noise sorces on the plane, FPV camera, VTx, flight controller MCU, stepdown converters, servos, etc. Unless you are familiar with this, 20 miles will be hard to reach. Even with a Lora based system.
Oct 09, 2021, 11:37 AM
Registered User
RocketMouse's Avatar
QLRS works for me for 20 miles without taking anything to consideration at all. ))))
Just two dipoles and half Tx power.
QLRS is incredible!

But you are absolutely right - LOS is the first rule. Penetration capabilities makes zero sense here. That's why I prefer 915.

Mike do you fly v2.11?


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools