Can you not run ER9x firmware on that radio ? for sbus
Jan 24, 2020, 05:22 AM
Complicating things
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmanu
Can you not run ER9x firmware on that radio ? for sbus

it flashed with it.
but i am sure that only PXX there.
But my version is a little bit oudated - something from 2015.
errrr.... maybe its time to update?
Jan 24, 2020, 05:34 AM
Brett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karamba
it flashed with it.
but i am sure that only PXX there.
But my version is a little bit oudated - something from 2015.
errrr.... maybe its time to update?
mine is 2016 and has sbus,

under "model setup"
the "Protocol"
then scroll down to 'Proto"

mine is 9x only
Jan 24, 2020, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qczek
What is that?
16rx channels from ppm being transmitted, with 21ms latency for the control channels with 18ms telemetry downlink frame after each 4th received frame. (Sensetivity is still -121db and preamble is twice the length of the minimum advised) Both ppm and RX are interrupt driven, so timing is quite tight. I am just playing with this, since rfm96wp can in fact be modded for 33db output out of the box (almost) and up to 37db by replacing one sot23 component and since you didn't like the idea of having separate mcu and rf board i decided to give it a try just to see how feasible it would be. So far quite an interesting game whenever i have time though. While 27db output and -121db sensitivity are great for way too many miles when no inband noise is present, it doesn't have the raw penetration power of 2.5 watts to punch through various objects like buildings and trees. Also concerning are my results of inband interference rejection at -121db and 250k spread, if channels overlap only halfway i was still be able to receive frames, even though bind IDs were different. This makes it harder to fly in groups, since people could be potentially getting each other's frames. For group flying spread spectrum should be narrowed substantially, but this will cause sensitivity to drop as well, to compensate we need more power
not sure where it will end up, but so far i like how the project is going. Just wanted to share that 21ms latency is definitely possible, but for people flying in groups it would be beneficial to lower sensetivity and increase output to have the same link budget while not stepping on each other channels. For this need different module.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Jan 25, 2020, 09:19 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemen
16rx channels from ppm being transmitted, with 21ms latency for the control channels with 18ms telemetry downlink frame after each 4th received frame. (Sensetivity is still -121db and preamble is twice the length of the minimum advised) Both ppm and RX are interrupt driven, so timing is quite tight. I am just playing with this, since rfm96wp can in fact be modded for 33db output out of the box (almost) and up to 37db by replacing one sot23 component and since you didn't like the idea of having separate mcu and rf board i decided to give it a try just to see how feasible it would be. So far quite an interesting game whenever i have time though. While 27db output and -121db sensitivity are great for way too many miles when no inband noise is present, it doesn't have the raw penetration power of 2.5 watts to punch through various objects like buildings and trees. Also concerning are my results of inband interference rejection at -121db and 250k spread, if channels overlap only halfway i was still be able to receive frames, even though bind IDs were different. This makes it harder to fly in groups, since people could be potentially getting each other's frames. For group flying spread spectrum should be narrowed substantially, but this will cause sensitivity to drop as well, to compensate we need more power
not sure where it will end up, but so far i like how the project is going. Just wanted to share that 21ms latency is definitely possible, but for people flying in groups it would be beneficial to lower sensetivity and increase output to have the same link budget while not stepping on each other channels. For this need different module.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Thx,
I saw you frame structure, and it looks promising. I need to do something similar but with software calculate check sum (to include pairing code) and some additional information, like frame type, no of hoping channel, etc..
Kris
Jan 26, 2020, 04:17 AM
I am doing module repair.
  Who in the know, in the branch did not find the answer. Lora 868T 30D, code marking WTA and F2.
The search only gives the part number F2x HSMP-3800, Pin diod, very similar.
Lna with code marking WTA, no.
Jan 28, 2020, 04:09 AM
For repair.
Jan 28, 2020, 04:22 AM
Great!

Why there are so many LDOs? Are they all 3.3?
Jan 28, 2020, 07:38 AM
Yes, one ldo on quartz, the second cpu and transceiver, the third on lna.
BL8028 on AC2233
Jan 29, 2020, 02:47 PM
What does it mean new version naming? What is A/B difference?

answer:
Naming convention:
a) 1'st letter T - TX (master), R - RX (slave)
b) 3 letters for freqency, 433, 868 or 915
c) 1 letter for module power or type, A - 1W, B - 100mW
d) compiling flags
e) version

I think, this info should present on download page.
Last edited by brat002; Jan 29, 2020 at 02:58 PM.
Jan 29, 2020, 08:23 PM
Brett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brat002
What does it mean new version naming? What is A/B difference?

answer:
Naming convention:
a) 1'st letter T - TX (master), R - RX (slave)
b) 3 letters for freqency, 433, 868 or 915
c) 1 letter for module power or type, A - 1W, B - 100mW
d) compiling flags
e) version

it is in the readme file that comes with the download,
well it did in my case
Jan 29, 2020, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brat002

It shouldn't.
Feb 01, 2020, 02:20 PM

Relay / Telemetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMouse
you can't

Hi,

I am interested in your diagram (I want to use qlrs v1.92 in relay mode for an antenna tracker)
Just a question about Telemetry : is Mavlink available at the same time on pin M0 (S.Port) and pin TXD ?

I tested on the bench your diagram : it works for RC commands and Telemetry on the transmitter screen via S.Port (Jumper T16)
but I don't know if I can use the TXD pin for providing Telemetry to the antenna tracker ...?

Thanks!
Feb 01, 2020, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mric3412
Hi,

I am interested in your diagram (I want to use qlrs v1.92 in relay mode for an antenna tracker)

Just a question about Telemetry : is Mavlink available at the same time on pin M0 (S.Port) and pin TXD ?

I tested on the bench your diagram : it works for RC commands and Telemetry on the transmitter screen via S.Port (Jumper T16)

but I don't know if I can use the TXD pin for providing Telemetry to the antenna tracker ...?

Thanks!
Yes mavlink is available on serial port

Inviato dal mio SM-G960F utilizzando Tapatalk

Quick Reply