Mar 05, 2017, 07:41 PM
Skyzone released some high quality glass diopter.

http://www.banggood.com/Skyzone-200-400-Myopia-Lens-for-SKY02S-V-FPV-Goggle-p-1131130.html

Ordered one set to review and check if there is a difference from the fatshark cheap ones or not.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 06, 2017, 02:01 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robomort
That is incorrect. the colour only indicates the type of connector. Blue is SMA red has RPSMA. Either is suitable as RX or TX antenna. What you choose depends on the mating connectors of your equipment. Skyzone goggles will need the blue SMA type.
Correct. Almost all transmitters uses RP-SMA, almost all receivers SMA. with the 4-lobes you can use both in whatever end.
The AOMWay blue matches default connector of the goggles. If you have the wrong connector you can buy an adapter, but IMHO they are difficult to get tight enough to hold antenna in place.
Mar 13, 2017, 11:49 PM
Hi Guys,

currently debating Fatshark/Skyzone and I cannot even find the official skyzone webpage...
Is it just me, or ... ?
Mar 14, 2017, 01:34 AM
Thread OP
Disappeared to me as well. But they recently announced soem box on the head goggles.
But I guess it is because they let resellers do all the support.
Mar 14, 2017, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by downloader9
Skyzone released some high quality glass diopter.

http://www.banggood.com/Skyzone-200-400-Myopia-Lens-for-SKY02S-V-FPV-Goggle-p-1131130.html

Ordered one set to review and check if there is a difference from the fatshark cheap ones or not.
If you are willing to pay more to fine-tune FS diopters (which actually still work very well for me) you may be better off trying some custom built ones. Most of these only cost ~$50.

Google for custom fatshark lens and you should find a few alternatives like this one, for example only;

https://customfpx.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by povlhp
Correct. Almost all transmitters uses RP-SMA, almost all receivers SMA. with the 4-lobes you can use both in whatever end.
The AOMWay blue matches default connector of the goggles. If you have the wrong connector you can buy an adapter, but IMHO they are difficult to get tight enough to hold antenna in place.
This is soooo wrong I don't even know where to start, lol!

Main thing is that many vrx's and vts's use either rp-sma or sma connectors and the most important thing to do is to make sure you are using the right antenna on either of these. If you do not have the right one, adaptors are available (although not the best because you will loose a few db's reception). Also, do not mix rhcp and lhcp antennas.

Personally, I keep a good stock of both rhcp rp-sma and sma antennas and so should you imho.
Mar 19, 2017, 09:31 AM
Oh man. Skyzone V2's on sale again at HK... Is this a not-to-miss deal? Yes or no?...............

To reiterate my situation: I have the Quanum V2's. I have flown about 10-11 flights with a mini quad. The ergonomics are horrible, and transport and storage are even worse. I'm not super hardcore into FPV. In fact I prefer LOS. But I do want to get more into it, and can well imagine I will over the near to mid future.

So pull the trigger or not? Even on sale it's a chunk of change. I'm not going to be here six months from now with outdated, overvalued goggles if I get them, am I?

Thanks..

ps With my current Quanum V2's I have an RC805 with the cheapest Eachine cam/VTX combo you can get from BG. I also have the good little FPV cam everbody has, but couldn't get mine to work for some reason..
Mar 19, 2017, 11:06 AM
Thread OP
Still Happy With mine. Got a $10 hdmi-> composite box I have not used yet. They are fine. Would pay the $100 extra for the upgraded version with info on display and DVR. But will keep mine
Mar 19, 2017, 11:09 AM
A DVR I don't think I care about. I don't race, so weight is not a huge deal, so I just flap a Mobius or Runcam on whatever I'm flying if I want in-air video... I've never seen good-quality DVR video anyway.

By "info on display", you mean OSD? OSD is when you get all the info, horizon etc.. on the screen right? Do the Skyzone V2's have that?
Mar 19, 2017, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibet
Hi Guys,

currently debating Fatshark/Skyzone and I cannot even find the official skyzone webpage...
Is it just me, or ... ?
Not just you, I was looking for it too and I can't find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
A DVR I don't think I care about. I don't race, so weight is not a huge deal, so I just flap a Mobius or Runcam on whatever I'm flying if I want in-air video... I've never seen good-quality DVR video anyway.

By "info on display", you mean OSD? OSD is when you get all the info, horizon etc.. on the screen right? Do the Skyzone V2's have that?
There is an OSD in the goggle. Shows goggle related stuff along the top like Freq, channel, recording indicators, goggle battery voltage. Different from an OSD on your quad. Old skyzones used beeps, new skyzones can channel scan and show you the best channels to use etc.
Last edited by Mugenski; Mar 19, 2017 at 05:17 PM.
Mar 19, 2017, 03:32 PM
Thread OP
Quote:

DVR recording is to have a recording with flight data, and to show what you actually did see. Some people overlay it on their HD video. Also great if you have a crash somewhere, then you can use the video to see where it went down. And if you have gps coordinates on screen, then even better.

OSD is OSD of selected frequency. The other stuff you get from either investing in OSD, like a MicroMinimOSD, or using a PDB with OSD or the new Foxeer cams with OSD. Most quuad peole use OSD for voltage/amps only. Plane people like other info as well.

Still think I get better mage on my Quanum V2 pro. But the skyzone is all I use for now.
Mar 19, 2017, 03:37 PM
Good points about OSD. So it's possible to have that with the Skyzone V2's then?
Mar 19, 2017, 03:39 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Good points about OSD. So it's possible to have that with the Skyzone V2's then?
OSD is added between camera and transmitter. So it is burned into the video signal. So yes, you will be able to see that with any goggles, including your existing Quanums.
Mar 19, 2017, 04:37 PM
The V2 goggles in the pics on HK's site look different from the ones in some of the videos. Two suction cups vs a wide solid eyes part, different straps, etc. I especially don't like the over the top of your head strap. Do the goggles from HK come with the different foam bits? If not, do most mod to a Fatshark faceplate?
Mar 20, 2017, 01:04 AM
povlhp, what setup exactly are you using? Antennas, mods, etc?
Mar 20, 2017, 09:53 AM
So with these goggles I can use any ole' lipo I have laying around? Do they come with an XT60 connector? One very annoying thing about my Quanums is the battery in the pouch.. I guess I could have a longer cable and have the battery in my pocket.. But that'd be even more cable mess..

Also, what exactly is entailed in modding to have a faceplate or whatever? I guess the HK Skyzone V2's just have the suction cups.. Are they so bad?

Quick Reply