Feb 20, 2017, 02:35 AM
Thread OP
Help!

A8S no led light and burning hot

@flysky
I received my receiver from aliexpress.
From the start it has no blinking or any led light showing on it ( even after removing the cover to check...).

Also one of the component is quite hot when plugged in the 5v of the FC.

I raised a refund request to aliexpress.even with a video they are rejecting the request.

The receiver doesn't seem to bind as I can't move in betaflight using I-bus.

My fc is a foxeer f303. Connected on sbus port.
Tx is fs-i6.
Can you tell me if this happened to other customers? Is there a way to make this work anyways? Aliexpress is not being helpful and I need to fly!
🆘
Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Feb 20, 2017, 04:18 AM
If it became quite hot after being plugged in it sounds like something has been fried..... I have not heard other reports of this though. Are you sure it didn't get a 12v zap at some stage? Also I am fairly sure it has reverse polarity protection but I will need to check.... Ok I checked it does have protection, I wouldn't leave it plugged in the wrong way for an extended period of time but I asked and tried it on several receivers (Yes I tried to break some of them) and they stilled worked after. It seems likely that the receiver has got a 12V supply.
Last edited by FlySkyRC; Feb 20, 2017 at 04:32 AM.
Feb 20, 2017, 09:08 AM
Thread OP
Never used anything else than 5v on it.My fc requires a 5v. I double checked the voltage on the port it is around 4.98v.
So it was fried prior to reaching me...great!
Feb 21, 2017, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchaffan
Never used anything else than 5v on it.My fc requires a 5v. I double checked the voltage on the port it is around 4.98v.
So it was fried prior to reaching me...great!
Might be the case sadly. I would push the seller a bit more, it is their responsibility to replace products that have a defect. If you continue to have issues contact [email protected] to see what the sales department can do for you, however the shipping from here would exceed the price of the product so I am unsure as to what they will do. (I am in the testing department)
Feb 21, 2017, 02:29 AM
Thread OP
Thanks for you support. After further discussions, Aliexpress agreed on refunding the product. I ordered 2 others from bangood in the meantime, let's hope I have more chance...
May 06, 2017, 06:20 PM
I'm a little late to the party, but I had the exact same problem with mine. The problem was with the 3.3v regulator. Mine failed during flight on a 1s brushed build, so there was no chance of having overvolted the receiver. I have no reason for it to have failed other than being defective.

If you're interested in fixing it, then here's what I did.

If you look at where the cable connects to the board, you should see two little pads "3.3v" and "Gnd" beside the connector. Flip the receiver over and you'll see the regulator on the opposite side. Since it's pooched, I heated the whole thing with the soldering iron and slid it off the board. It's right on the corner of the PCB, you'll have to cut away some heat shrink to get to it.

I forget how I decided these, but this is what I used as a replacement:

Ebay Link

They were a perfect fit, but they are a different regulator.

I soldered one on, took extra care to make sure the pads weren't shorted and not to heat up the regulator too much. The receiver worked perfectly after that, and hasn't failed since.
May 10, 2017, 08:58 PM
That's a pro move right there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobFromMars
I'm a little late to the party, but I had the exact same problem with mine. The problem was with the 3.3v regulator. Mine failed during flight on a 1s brushed build, so there was no chance of having overvolted the receiver. I have no reason for it to have failed other than being defective.

If you're interested in fixing it, then here's what I did.

If you look at where the cable connects to the board, you should see two little pads "3.3v" and "Gnd" beside the connector. Flip the receiver over and you'll see the regulator on the opposite side. Since it's pooched, I heated the whole thing with the soldering iron and slid it off the board. It's right on the corner of the PCB, you'll have to cut away some heat shrink to get to it.

I forget how I decided these, but this is what I used as a replacement:

Ebay Link

They were a perfect fit, but they are a different regulator.

I soldered one on, took extra care to make sure the pads weren't shorted and not to heat up the regulator too much. The receiver worked perfectly after that, and hasn't failed since.
Jul 09, 2017, 04:40 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Swapped out the LDO with a functioning one from an OrangeRX , powering up the LED will flash once or twice then goes off again , unit has only ever been powered by UART so i dont understand what the issue is. Personally i think FLYSKY should get their finger out and replace their broken receivers instead of expecting the customer or their vendors to run around after them, totally shite service and support.
Last edited by scousethief; Jul 10, 2017 at 09:45 AM.
Apr 26, 2019, 06:54 AM
I have the same issue with my FS-A8S Rx. I guess I might have zapped it with 12V as back emf from the servo motor, that I connected to the flight controller (powered from a separate external regulator)(only pwm from the FC)
The receiver gets hot after connecting but still binds with the Tx.
After sometime the Rx disconnects from the Tx (red LED starts blinking) maybe due to the heat.
How to resolve this issue? Will changing the diode help ? If so, then which diode should it be?

Quick Reply