Hubsan H501A, WiFi based but smart (in very early construction) - Page 5 - RC Groups
May 24, 2017, 03:01 PM
Oldie, not Moldie
I'm going through my notes right now as I'll be reviewing it on my blog here. There are so many things to say and three different ways to review this thing. I'll be doing my best to give insight as to what I see each way and of course, opinions (that's the way my reviews normally roll )...
to remove ads between posts
May 24, 2017, 04:40 PM
Oldie, not Moldie
Ok, FWIW, I have a preliminary review up on my blog here...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=402042
May 24, 2017, 06:44 PM
I just received mine, today:
Little non professional unboxing (courtesy banggood)
H501A X Air Pro Waypoints FPV unboxing (courtesy banggood) - Scopriamo l'H501A (7 min 47 sec)

First little video tutorial on How to bind H501A to standard or advanced remote controller:
HUBSAN H501A (courtesy banggood) - Binding i Advanced remote controller (H906A) (1 min 1 sec)

HUBSAN H501A (courtesy banggood) - Binding to standard remote controller (H901A) (1 min 3 sec)
Last edited by lukappaseidue; May 24, 2017 at 08:19 PM.
May 25, 2017, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukappaseidue
I just received mine, today
Mine will be arrived in a few days, what are your firmware version?
May 25, 2017, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willkhlau
Mine will be arrived in a few days, what are your firmware version?
RX 1.1.23 and FC 1.1.36
May 25, 2017, 01:17 PM
Got mine today from Banggood. Ordered it on the 13th of this month. With the free shipping it got here in 12 days from China to Arizona, U.S. Won't get fly it today or tomorrow. The wind here is hitting 30 mph. Suppose to be as bad tomorrow. Looks like I will get to fly it Saturday. Winds will be around 6 mph. I will do some indoor testing while waiting for Saturday. No flying just software and hardware checks.
May 25, 2017, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukappaseidue
RX 1.1.23 and FC 1.1.36
Mine has the same RX and FC. Hubsan placed a spare filter for the camera in the box. Looking at the camera it looks like Hubsan decided not to put a filter on the camera but sent one in a little bag so the user can decide if they want it on or not. That was a good idea.
May 25, 2017, 06:53 PM
Looks like mine is faulty right out of the box. I'm not getting any 5.8 ghz signal from the drone. I tried my advanced and standard controllers. I even tried my Boscam RC832. Nothing. I get video when I connect through the app from the WiFi. The controllers activate the motors so the 2.4 ghz is good. Even got the relay to connect. I feel a headache coming on.
May 27, 2017, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreKol
Looks like mine is faulty right out of the box. I'm not getting any 5.8 ghz signal from the drone. I tried my advanced and standard controllers. I even tried my Boscam RC832. Nothing. I get video when I connect through the app from the WiFi. The controllers activate the motors so the 2.4 ghz is good. Even got the relay to connect. I feel a headache coming on.

???? weird .... DId you bind it correctly to your former transmitter? Did you tried also to change the frequence via the Radio ? someetime foe video comes after changing such setting. Important... seems tje H501A don't offer all the VTX Vfreq tat was available for the H501S. So change the Vfreq 5mhz by 5mhz
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
May 27, 2017, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
???? weird .... DId you bind it correctly to your former transmitter? Did you tried also to change the frequence via the Radio ? someetime foe video comes after changing such setting. Important... seems tje H501A don't offer all the VTX Vfreq tat was available for the H501S. So change the Vfreq 5mhz by 5mhz
Well crap. At least I can say I had it bound correctly. So today I turned on the last controller (Advanced Controller) that I had bound with it and of course no video. I went into the menu and started changing the frequencies. At the high end of the frequencies I got video. Settled with 5825 MHz. I had started that two days ago but only changed a few frequencies. Even my Eachine VR-007 goggles wouldn't connect. Now they do. Thank you for getting me to try that again. You might want to add that information in your review.

Now on to an occurrence that happened today. I was able to take it out for two flights today. Tried it out with the waypoints. The first attempt it did everything I set without any problems. So on the second attempt and a fresh battery I set the waypoints over 1 KM. It gave me a warning that I ignored. I activated the flight and it skipped waypoints 1 and 2 and went straight to 3. Then it flew backwards to the starting point. It turned and flew to waypoint 6 and then finished off the rest. I didn't have another fresh battery with me to see if that was a fluke or if you set it over 1 KM it will shorten the flight automatically. When I get a chance later on this coming week I will try a few more waypoints over 1 KM.
May 27, 2017, 06:56 PM
Oldie, not Moldie
1 KM is it's max distance unless you change it in the settings. I'm guessing that you didn't, no?
May 27, 2017, 08:34 PM
No I didn't. Ok I changed it to it's max. Thanks.
May 28, 2017, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreKol
Well crap. At least I can say I had it bound correctly. So today I turned on the last controller (Advanced Controller) that I had bound with it and of course no video. I went into the menu and started changing the frequencies. At the high end of the frequencies I got video. Settled with 5825 MHz. I had started that two days ago but only changed a few frequencies. Even my Eachine VR-007 goggles wouldn't connect. Now they do. Thank you for getting me to try that again. You might want to add that information in your review.

Now on to an occurrence that happened today. I was able to take it out for two flights today. Tried it out with the waypoints. The first attempt it did everything I set without any problems. So on the second attempt and a fresh battery I set the waypoints over 1 KM. It gave me a warning that I ignored. I activated the flight and it skipped waypoints 1 and 2 and went straight to 3. Then it flew backwards to the starting point. It turned and flew to waypoint 6 and then finished off the rest. I didn't have another fresh battery with me to see if that was a fluke or if you set it over 1 KM it will shorten the flight automatically. When I get a chance later on this coming week I will try a few more waypoints over 1 KM.
Glad to know it worked again...Yes seems the VTX have less channels than the H501S... so if the default one of your radio is not one compatible with the VTX... black screen. Yes I should write a not in #1-2 for that
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
May 29, 2017, 12:10 AM
Somebody flew 1018m with relay