Hubsan H501A, WiFi based but smart (in very early construction) - Page 41 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 06, 2018, 11:39 AM
I don’t fly mine with that controller. That is blue tooth. 1st make sure your phone is blue tooth. And make sure you have BT activated. Turn on the trans .. look in Blue tooth for the drone. Also scroll through the AOP looking for the “ use transmitter or use controller. This is in the set up
Pages. When you do that the Blue Tooth should show up on the phone to be selected. The Tran blue light stops flashing.
It may take a few times to get it to connect.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 06, 2018, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frits183
Well I also have received the HT011A transmitter.
There is no manual with it and I can not find it on the net.
I have followed the instructions from QC

https://youtu.be/KUPrJrMnw18

But the 2.4G will flash (occasionally)
And not stay on, so I presume there isn't a connection!!

How can I activate it to work.
Did you bind it?
Press and hold "Bind" and press "power" on the HT011A then turn on the drone. That's what all the videos show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Luciano
I donít fly mine with that controller. That is blue tooth. 1st make sure your phone is blue tooth. And make sure you have BT activated. Turn on the trans .. look in Blue tooth for the drone. Also scroll through the AOP looking for the ď use transmitter or use controller. This is in the set up
Pages. When you do that the Blue Tooth should show up on the phone to be selected. The Tran blue light stops flashing.
It may take a few times to get it to connect.
Well, after looking at that and other videos about HT011A, I got an impression that nobody actually knows how the thing works.
As I did not get a definite answer from Anne, I'm beginning to think that Hubsan knows neither (no offense Anne).

From what I gathered about HT011A so far (I do not own one):
- it is not a BlueTooth controller
- it does turn on the 5.8GHz VTX on-board the drone if it is bound through 2.4GHz (this is the info Anne could not confirm but several videos clearly show it)
- the built-in WiFi relay behaves the same way as the "old" external WiFi relay - it is for connecting a phone to the drone (some reviewers suggested that HT011A is controlling the drone via WiFi relay, what I find unlikely based on what I saw in their and other videos)

Basically, HT011A combines the HT005 relay and the H907A controller (plus GPS and better sticks, minus LCD) into a single unit.
And it makes the drone turn the VTX on.
Jun 06, 2018, 08:03 PM
I fly mine using the 502S controler. It shows camera FTV on it's screen. I did not try the range . Can u use the HT 011A controler with out the phone ? My 507A has a controler and needs the phone. That is the explaination I gave you since it looks like a similar set up!
Jun 07, 2018, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Luciano
I fly mine using the 502S controler. It shows camera FTV on it's screen. I did not try the range . Can u use the HT 011A controler with out the phone ? My 507A has a controler and needs the phone. That is the explaination I gave you since it looks like a similar set up!
The controller you have for H507A is likely the HT009 - which is a BlueTooth "gamepad".
Ht011A has no BlueTooth.
And yes, HT011A should be usable without the phone.
Jun 08, 2018, 01:10 AM
Thanks for the answers Folk's.
Lucky I am still learning and not flying outside my L. O. S.

Sinds my H501M don't fly properly, offerd Anne me a H501A BNF.
But it came without a controller so I hoped the HT011A would be a good solution.

But sinds there isn't a propper manual I am a little bit lost
And happy with your feedback.

Meanwhile I found this,
https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1.Tpkl...dq6zeSpXaA.jpg
Last edited by frits183; Jun 08, 2018 at 02:09 AM.
Jun 08, 2018, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrBr
The controller you have for H507A is likely the HT009 - which is a BlueTooth "gamepad".
Ht011A has no BlueTooth.
And yes, HT011A should be usable without the phone.
The HT011A is usable without the phone. Bind the aircraft to the transmitter via the 2.4 connection and you've got a standard UAV protocol connection.
Jun 08, 2018, 01:19 PM
Quote:

Well, after looking at that and other videos about HT011A, I got an impression that nobody actually knows how the thing works.
As I did not get a definite answer from Anne, I'm beginning to think that Hubsan knows neither (no offense Anne).
Depends on what you are asking about. A good majority of the functions available on the transmitter we know how to use at the North American office. What specifically would you like to ask about?
Jun 09, 2018, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by annegottagun
Depends on what you are asking about. A good majority of the functions available on the transmitter we know how to use at the North American office. What specifically would you like to ask about?
A manual and or instructions from you folks 4 the customers who interested to buy or already bought the HT011A.
So we know what to aspect and how it works with
the 501M. (Wi-Fi only)
the 501S/S (2.4g/5.8g)
the 501A. (Wi-Fi / 2.4g / 5.8g)

And Ofcourse the other one's
Jun 12, 2018, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frits183
A manual and or instructions from you folks 4 the customers who interested to buy or already bought the HT011A.
So we know what to aspect and how it works with
the 501M. (Wi-Fi only)
the 501S/S (2.4g/5.8g)
the 501A. (Wi-Fi / 2.4g / 5.8g)

And Ofcourse the other one's
Such a manual is already being written and translated. It will be released along with the product when mass production begins.
Jun 15, 2018, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Such a manual is already being written and translated. It will be released along with the product when mass production begins.
? ? ? ?
Its already listed as a spare part.

http://www.hubsan.com/na/index.php?m...roducts_id=853
Jun 15, 2018, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Anne, the question was whether HT011A turns on 5.8GHz VTX onboard the H501A.

Various YouTube videos show that it apparently does.

Can you confirm that, please?
Today, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Anne, the question was whether HT011A turns on 5.8GHz VTX onboard the H501A.

Various YouTube videos show that it apparently does.

Can you confirm that, please?
I confirmed with R&D the following. Please note that it is not the HT011A in particular that does this, but whether or not certain frequencies have been initialized.

If the 2.4G frequency connects, the 5.8G will automatically turn on as well.

With the latest firmware, initialization of the WIFI should also be accompanied by the 5.8G powering on as well. Keep in mind that I have not yet tested this particular case successfully. But R&D has said that they've made this feature available.
Today, 06:09 PM
Quote:
I confirmed with R&D the following. Please note that it is not the HT011A in particular that does this, but whether or not certain frequencies have been initialized.

If the 2.4G frequency connects, the 5.8G will automatically turn on as well.
Thanks, Anne.
I have been suspecting that to be so but this info makes it official.

Quote:
With the latest firmware, initialization of the WIFI should also be accompanied by the 5.8G powering on as well. Keep in mind that I have not yet tested this particular case successfully. But R&D has said that they've made this feature available.
That is absolutely fantastic news!
Just to be sure - can you please tell what version exactly would that be?

Quick Reply