Hubsan H501A, WiFi based but smart (in very early construction) - Page 4 - RC Groups
May 02, 2017, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willkhlau
Hello! Do you have firmware for H501A?

No ....
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
to remove ads between posts
May 02, 2017, 06:25 PM
R/C Superfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGWell
H501A and H507A are expected in stock in the middle of May on Banggood.com
H501A Looks to work very good,I tested the H507A and my experience was not fantastic..anyhow H501A Looks good
May 06, 2017, 03:13 AM
Any news on availability?
May 13, 2017, 06:38 AM
The Hubsan X4 H501A is finally available on Banggood!!

https://www.banggood.com/Hubsan-X4-A...2329889201508K

Let's hope they fixed the issues that have been reported in previous reviews!!
May 14, 2017, 12:04 AM
Got mine on order.
May 14, 2017, 12:44 AM
With the last app V1.3.1 no more obligation to set your device in English (US) to work properly
May 14, 2017, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
With the last app V1.3.1 no more obligation to set your device in English (US) to work properly
Great!
Any idea if they improved or changed anything compared to the previous batch? I remember there were some issues with WiFi connection...
May 16, 2017, 01:20 PM
Anyone ordering this?
May 17, 2017, 06:25 AM
I have one on the way. Ordered it from Banggood. Paid $199.99 with free shipping and it has been shipped. Banggood just raised the price of it to 209.99. I have 2 H501S, 3 H502S, and 2 H502E so I have a standard and a advanced controller to fly the H501A with.
May 19, 2017, 01:56 AM
Hello everyone.
I'm considering getting the Hubsan H501A, and buy a separate transmitter.

AFAIK there are 3 types of transmitters compatible with the H501A:
- STANDARD H901A
- STANDARD H901A new version with orange JST plug for using lipo batteries instead of AA batteries
- PROFESSIONAL H901S

Questions:
1) If I use an antenna mod on the standard controller, will there be any major differences between the standard and professional controller?
2) is there any real other difference between the standard transmitters apart from the prange JST plug?
3) Does the standard controller allow follow me and orbit mode when used with the H501A? Or is it enough to use the wifi app on the phone for doing so?

I couldn't find definitive answer to these question, so I wanted to ask before I purchase a controller.

Thanks!!
May 22, 2017, 09:51 PM
I've been thinking of getting a H501A to go along with my H501S. I already have an advanced controller for the -S. My only reason for getting the -A would be so that bystanders can see a video feed through a smartphone instead of looking over my shoulder on the controller. From what I'm reading it looks like it transmits both in 5.8 and wifi simultaneously? Are their any limits to how many smartphones can be connected at once for viewing? For example, if I'm flying using the advanced controller & 5.8 video feed, can 5 people be watching the video feed on 5 separate phones? And do they have a mode on the app just for viewing the video or can somebody control it (override me on the advanced controller)? Thanks for the info!
Last edited by PonderosaPilatus; May 22, 2017 at 09:57 PM.
May 23, 2017, 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonderosaPilatus
I've been thinking of getting a H501A to go along with my H501S. I already have an advanced controller for the -S. My only reason for getting the -A would be so that bystanders can see a video feed through a smartphone instead of looking over my shoulder on the controller. From what I'm reading it looks like it transmits both in 5.8 and wifi simultaneously? Are their any limits to how many smartphones can be connected at once for viewing? For example, if I'm flying using the advanced controller & 5.8 video feed, can 5 people be watching the video feed on 5 separate phones? And do they have a mode on the app just for viewing the video or can somebody control it (override me on the advanced controller)? Thanks for the info!
1) yes both analog 5.8G & digital 2.4G
2) Only one 2.4G connexion ... so to share with several spotters, you will need to use several 5.8G receiver (take an OTG 5.8G receiver for example)
May 23, 2017, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
1) yes both analog 5.8G & digital 2.4G
2) Only one 2.4G connexion ... so to share with several spotters, you will need to use several 5.8G receiver (take an OTG 5.8G receiver for example)
Thanks!
May 23, 2017, 06:12 PM
Oldie, not Moldie
(I posted this on the 501S thread as well)

Got my 501A today! Woo Hoo!

On a sad note, I only got in about 3/4 of a battery worth of testing before the rains came. They show rain for all day tomorrow as well. BOOOOOO!

On my 3/4 of a battery, I got to see that the controls on the phone work fine (I have an old Walkera W100S that used WiFi, and controls for it were... not so good...). On the flip side, it seems that my Galaxy S5 may just be too dated as the video seesawed between current and being behind by a few seconds. No way that I could fly anything but way up high like that. That said, I paired it to my standard transmitter, and it was flawless AND I could view video with no lag on the transmitter while also viewing it through the phone. Hopefully I will get some more flight time on it soon to continue testing.
May 24, 2017, 06:54 AM
Great. Give us more feedback on it, especially how good is the app and the control