This thread is privately moderated by Banditpowdercoat, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 19, 2017, 01:42 AM
Canucklehead
Thread OP
Discussion

Little bout me

So, never ever made a blog before. Might as well start now.

Little history on my RC. Used to race and bash RC cars. At one point in my late 20-s early 30's I had upwards of $10K CDN in RC cars and equip. Then at one big race, a guy was yelling at me because I hold my TX down and my antenna was blocking his view. Old 75Mhz days. He was soo mad, yelling match ensued. I then pretty much gave it up. I was in RC to have fun. I soon realized that I was spending more and more money to have more cars to get more track time once a week, that it was a frantic race with the clock to get them ready etc....

Fast Fwd to about 8 years ago. Fall 2009. Working camp job and a bud mentioned this mall copter he once bought and it was fun. I then scoured ebay, without doing any research, and picked up a Blade 400 RTF. Which lasted 5 seconds upon first spool up. After many many ghetto repairs, and lots of learning. ( I once repaired my crashed woodie main and tail blades with industrial heat shrink to keep the splinters in check).
I now can fairly proficiently fly helies. Inverted is still challenging for circuits, but Piroflips, Tic Tocs, Funnels, and all out fun.

My stable is 1Mcx, 2 Ncpx, 1 Mcpx, 4 B400--All retired but not gone. A Gaui X3, Stretched Protos 500, and a Trex 700N

Now come last year, I was thinking a foam plank or glider to soar around while relaxing between heli flights. I have always flown alone. No clubs near me but lots of open free space. So I get this Sonic Modell Extra 300s Looked OK. But I soon found out why it was discontinued. Being a Heli pilot, I wana prop hang and Harrier. Well, it doesn't do that so well. After umpteen crashes and hours spent climbing trees, I got onto Flite Test Scratch built. Built myself 2 FT3D planes. 1 regular size, and 1 120% larger. The first one lasted a month. Was too heavy and soon succumbed to mother earth. Second one is larger, and lighter. But last outing I stripped both Elev and Rudd servos on a somewhat violent snap roll attempt.

Bring on the Twisted Hobbies foam!!!
I was skeptical, and, well to put blunt, cheap. I couldnt justify $300 for a foam plank. But in the 2 months I have owned her, I have learned and progressed my flying more than any of my other foams. I can now hover that thing in my living room!!! Anyone thinking but on the fence due to price. GO FOR IT!!!!. Mine has been flown primarily in -10c weather and been through more crashes that I can count. Because of it, last fall I could barely land a plane, now I am starting rolling circles!

So 2 days ago I get home form camp, and all my newly bought goodies are here. A Extreme flight 60" Demonstrator and all the trimmings. Savox SV 1250 HV servos, Torque 4016 motor, RX for my Taranis. Last 2 days of building. Everything spot on. Been told I got my hinge lines even a little too tight. LOL But still plenty of travel. So I am sitting here, testing, running packs through her tethered in basement, making the wife and dog mad. Can't fly as there is 4' of snow here but just itching...
So I figured it was blog time. Not one who takes much pics, and there all on my phone. So when I get off this laptop and my phone is charged, I'll try to remember to post pics.

Remember, The air was put there to be beaten into submission by our toys... Oh and breathing. Breathing helps too
Latest blog entry: Little bout me
to remove ads between posts
Feb 21, 2017, 09:58 AM
Canucklehead
Thread OP
Loading her up today to make the 2.5hr drive to maiden the 60" Demonstrator at a friends field that has been plowed of snow. Hope all goes well
May 24, 2019, 10:49 PM
I am not a robot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banditpowdercoat
Loading her up today to make the 2.5hr drive to maiden the 60" Demonstrator at a friends field that has been plowed of snow. Hope all goes well
And now look where you are.....just as sick as the rest of us.
May 24, 2019, 11:12 PM
Canucklehead
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideslip
And now look where you are.....just as sick as the rest of us.

BWAHAHAAAAAA Yup, your right!!! I got the sickness. And there ain't no cure. Just temp relief.
May 24, 2019, 11:36 PM
I am not a robot
Love the planes in your pick-up. I had something similar. But was also hampered by the tanu cover. Hope it don't rain where you fly.

Quick Reply