Feb 17, 2017, 07:31 PM
Thread OP

Using bench power supply with icharger 4010 duo OK?

Hello,

I have the following bench power supply(link below) and
Wanted to know if it was Ok to use it to power my icharger 4010 duo? The power supply is 30 volts and 30 amps for a total of 900 watts. I dont want to purchase another power supply if I don't have to. Would there be any issues using these together? I havnt read to many other people using a bench/Lab power supply with a lipo charger.. Otherwise I was going to purchase one from lipo connection solutions..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00PW...2BL&ref=plSrch
to remove ads between posts
Feb 18, 2017, 06:22 AM
This will work well with the Junsi. Use the main connections at the rear, set the current limiter to maximum and the voltage to 30V.
To prevent an overload of the power supply, you should select "DC Power Supply" in the "System Menu" of the charger. Then select “DC Power Supply” and set the "Current Limit" to 29A in "setting…".
Feb 18, 2017, 10:32 AM
Unregistered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNFLY
This will work well with the Junsi. Use the main connections at the rear, set the current limiter to maximum and the voltage to 30V.
To prevent an overload of the power supply, you should select "DC Power Supply" in the "System Menu" of the charger. Then select “DC Power Supply” and set the "Current Limit" to 29A in "setting…".
Is there any way of switching out the voltage control so it doesn't exceed 30V?

Some chargers can't tolerate even a small over voltage condition.
Feb 18, 2017, 11:24 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNFLY
Thank you sir, great detailed answer, appreciate it. One thing I remember from research was that bench power supplies aren't the best choice becuase the charger sometimes quickly increases and decreases voltage during charging & balancing and may cause the power supply to fail because it's not made for quick voltage changes. You think this holds merit?
Feb 18, 2017, 12:35 PM
I am a nice guy! Really!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vimy g eaou
Is there any way of switching out the voltage control so it doesn't exceed 30V?

Some chargers can't tolerate even a small over voltage condition.
Input voltage range for the 4010 is 9 -50 volts so no worries on that matter.

Quick Reply