Feb 17, 2017, 06:51 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Charging 1s HV lipo on powerlab 6 help

Does anyone have a preset for charging 1s HV Lipo? I tried modding the settings for include 435 setting and it keeps on getting errors even when i tell it to use 1cell only.

A little help here. Just got a batch of 1s HV lipo for my tiny whoop. and want to use my Poowerlab 6 to charge them up to 4.35v.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 18, 2017, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy
Does anyone have a preset for charging 1s HV Lipo? I tried modding the settings for include 435 setting and it keeps on getting errors even when i tell it to use 1cell only.

A little help here. Just got a batch of 1s HV lipo for my tiny whoop. and want to use my Poowerlab 6 to charge them up to 4.35v.
You don't need to create a new preset. You need to modify a 1S charging/parallel board so that it has both main and balance connectors. Obviously a 1S parallel board cannot do balancing but the balance connector will tell the charger that the batteries to be charged are 1S.

Here is one that I use.

Glen
Feb 18, 2017, 04:16 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Glen, one last question looking at the setup you have, can you still use the top micro jst to charge? i know these parallel boards you either use the the 1.25mm or the 2.0 but not both, but in this case you're just taping to monitor the voltage one should still be able to use all 6 charge ports?
Feb 18, 2017, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy
Thanks Glen, one last question looking at the setup you have, can you still use the top micro jst to charge? i know these parallel boards you either use the the 1.25mm or the 2.0 but not both, but in this case you're just taping to monitor the voltage one should still be able to use all 6 charge ports?
Yes, in each of the six groups you can use either of the connectors. The two connectors are wired in parallel. For instance you could charge 3 batteries in 2.0mm connectors and 3 batteries in 1.25mm connectors.

As I am using a 2.0mm connector in the first group to tell the charger the cell count I could still connect a battery into the 1.25mm connector in that group.

Glen
Feb 20, 2017, 04:10 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the explanation Glen, time to order some connectors.

Quick Reply