This thread is privately moderated by blade strike, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 17, 2017, 04:22 PM
Thread OP
Data

Inspire 2 - Correcting lens Distortion (ProRes)

DJI is preparing some model files for precise Lens distortion correction for ProRes, until then I would like to provide a workflow for two common tools.

Adobe Premiere
In Premiere, the suggested way to do predefined lens correction is through Effect Preset file. The file we supplied for Inspire 1 is embedded in Premiere 2017

The preset file hooks Premiereís built in effect Lens Distortion, assign its values for Inspire 2 movie clips to start with. User should add that effect manually

DaVinci Resolve 12.5+
A new lens correction feature was added. Itís in Edit->Inspector. See screenshot below. It has only one parameter named distortion, works much like Curvature in PRís lens distortion effect. Bad thing currently is thereís no good way input or see what the preset value in DaVinci Resolve would be. Positive is DaVinci can calculate this value automatically with analysis. Works great if image contains some straight lines.
Last edited by blade strike; Feb 18, 2017 at 04:49 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 14, 2017, 03:30 PM
Is there any way to allow the natural distortion in photos?
My pano software is having troubles with perfect stitching, and i think its due to the built in lens correction possibly over correcting.
Mar 14, 2017, 03:39 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionic001
Is there any way to allow the natural distortion in photos?
My pano software is having troubles with perfect stitching, and i think its due to the built in lens correction possibly over correcting.
For the i2?
Mar 14, 2017, 04:01 PM
Yes, for the X5S on the Inspire2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
For the i2?
Mar 14, 2017, 04:19 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Yes you can turn that off or at least you could. Click on the sd card info towards the top of the app should open a window, scroll down and you should see a toggle. This is on iOS... if you still can't find it I can do some screenshots later today!
Mar 14, 2017, 07:38 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Did that help?
Mar 16, 2017, 07:22 AM
Thanks BS,

yes it helped. The toggle switch is in the video settings, but it affects both the video and photo output.

I believe from my initial testing that the non-corrected photos stitch better in panoramas than the in-camera corrected ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
Did that help?

Quick Reply