Feb 17, 2017, 02:57 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

New Apprentice S 15e won't bind... :-/

Hi guys,

I think I have a bad receiver, but you guys might have an idea...

I am trying to bind a brand new Apprentice S 15e BNF but it doesn't work...

The red led blinks on the receiver but when I do the normal binding procedure, it says "binding failed"

I have tried with both a Spektrum DX9 and a Spektrum DX6e, which are both correctly configured with gear on B and aux 1 reversed on switch I

I have tried the binding process in the menu, no cigar, I have tried close, far, pointing the antenna, pointing somewhere else, the only message I get is "binding failed".

Both transmitters work perfectly with other planes...

Any help greatly appreciated as I planned to maiden it tomorrow with my son and he super sad...

Thanks in advance guys!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 17, 2017, 04:33 PM
Do you have your throttle trim at zero and other trims at the middle?

I recently had this problem when my eflite Spitfire became unbound and I had to rebind it. Somehow one trim had gotten maxed out and it wouldn't bind until I adjusted it.
Feb 17, 2017, 06:43 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for your reply,

Yes I did check that all trims are in the middle except throttle which is at the lowest point. Must be something else.

I did try with different batteries and I tried installing an old spektrum rx in the plane and it works ok... :-/
Feb 17, 2017, 07:31 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
With the bind plug in the proper place , and then plugging in the battery - do you get a flashing light on the receiver ? If so , the receiver is in bind mode .

Next , hold down the bind button and turn on the transmitter . Do not release the bind button until the light on the receiver goes on steady - "no matter what the transmitter is saying" .

When the light on the receiver is on steady , you've had a successful bind . Then unplug the binding plug , disconnect the battery , and last turn off the transmitter .
Feb 17, 2017, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon
...Do not release the bind button until the light on the receiver goes on steady - "no matter what the transmitter is saying" .
No, you can release the bind button as soon as the receiver blinks that it heard the transmitter's bind request.

Andy
Feb 17, 2017, 08:03 PM
Learn to build with wood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
No, you can release the bind button as soon as the receiver blinks that it heard the transmitter's bind request.

Andy

Well, that's good to know.
Feb 17, 2017, 08:50 PM
Warbird & Jet Lover
What environment are you binding in? Basement shop? Sitting on a metal table? Pickup truck bed? You want to avoid binding around large, metallic structures that can reflect rf energy.
Feb 17, 2017, 09:19 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Try holding the Transmitter further away from the airplane while binding. Too close can often fail. Moving the TX further away while binding, even 2-3 feet, cures this issue 90% of the time.
Latest blog entry: RC events for 2019!
Feb 18, 2017, 12:45 AM
Thread OP
Thanks for your replies,

I have tried the different suggested options, in my workshop and in a different room, outside, still no success...
Sep 20, 2019, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantomazz
Thanks for your replies,

I have tried the different suggested options, in my workshop and in a different room, outside, still no success...
Did you ever manage to get this problem solved. Iím having the same issue. I have an apprentice S that came rtf with a dxe and Iím trying to bind the plane to a DX6E. No luck no matter what I try.
Oct 11, 2019, 08:00 PM
Same issue for me too, trying to bind the mini apprentice to my Dx6e, no go no matter what I try. If I throw any other spektrum rx in it, it will bind, but it will not bind with the stock RX that has safe and as3x.
Oct 12, 2019, 11:19 AM
When reading the manual slowly and doing each step exactly, watching for LED and beeps fails, call Spektrum or other manufacturer and have a tech walk you through binding process. If that doesn't work, tech will instruct you how to return the system for troubleshooting and repair or replacement. They will often fix or replace at no charge, regardless.

Quick Reply