Feb 17, 2017, 01:27 PM
Contest

Fss #2a ales contest

The Orlando Buzzards will be hosting FSS #2A ALES on Saturday, April 8th, at the Christmas, FL field, 22305 E. Colonial Drive, Christmas FL 32709. (Due to possible construction at Christmas, we may have to move the location to the College Field. I would suggest following this thread closely, so that you will see the change, if necessary.)
Pilots meeting at 10am. Timers must also attend the pilots meeting.
Hopefully fly 7 rounds, plus a fly-off for a special prize.
Altitude limiters set to 150 meters.
No refreshments available on field.
Don Grisham, CD
dongrisham@hotmail.com
863-291-4314
Last edited by dong727; Feb 20, 2017 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Capitalization & Event Number
to remove ads between posts
Feb 17, 2017, 04:13 PM
AECS USN RET. P3 FE
Will the contest be run IAW the new AMA ALES rules ???
Feb 18, 2017, 12:34 PM

Ales rules

Alan:
New Rules? Yes, the new rules will be observed. No limitations on landing skegs or variometers.
Feb 18, 2017, 01:39 PM
AECS USN RET. P3 FE
Hope to see you there
Feb 23, 2017, 09:44 AM

Fss #2a ales contest

Allan and I will be there.....anybody else?
Don Grisham
Allan Parsons
Feb 23, 2017, 12:56 PM
"Somebody step on a duck?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dong727
Allan and I will be there.....anybody else?
Don Grisham
Allan Parsons
Si, I'll be there.
Feb 23, 2017, 05:44 PM
I'm planning on being there in spite of all these old rule changes. Allan can I use that skeg you loaned me a year ago or do I have to return it before the contest? JK
Feb 23, 2017, 06:17 PM
1-Don Grisham (CD)
2-Allan Parsons
3-Rich Kiburis
4-John Kennedy
5-Raed Elazzawi
Feb 23, 2017, 06:19 PM
AECS USN RET. P3 FE
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxaneandjohn
I'm planning on being there in spite of all these old rule changes. Allan can I use that skeg you loaned me a year ago or do I have to return it before the contest? JK
If you hadn't mentioned it I would've forgotten. So,sure you can use it
Feb 25, 2017, 04:14 PM

New christmas field

Please take a look at this email.....it appears that we'll be flying at a new location.

Raed Elazzawi <raed5@yahoo.com>

Today, 4:17 PM

Raed Elazzawi (raed5@yahoo.com);

I was informed that construction of the sports complex will start in about three weeks, and we would have no access to the field until after construction is done, because the contractor will secure the property.
Orange County parks went an extra mile for us and offered the field across the road from the Christmas Fort for our use,
Myself, Lewis gray, and Doug Leonard went over and met Trudy (park supervisor) at the new field, we came up with a few questions, and Trudy answered "yes" to all of them.
For the past 4 or so years since we have been flying at the Christmas field, I asked members to be good tenants of the land so that when we lose it, the county will help us find a new place, well, it worked, and I thank you all! So now more than ever it is important to keep operating in a safe considerate manner at the new field, so we keep being welcomed, also the field being across the street from her office, we will be more noticeable.
Once construction is done, we will regain access to the runway field, we will also be able to keep using the new field, stipulation being that when the park is hosting their big events (2 in a year) we are asked to not fly at that field, because the front portion of it is used for parking. Their first event is the Blue Grass festival Mar 18-19, the other one is the Cracker Christmas Dec 2-3
Priority one is going to be transitioning to the new field, things like moving the signs, port o potty, gate locks, lawn mowers etc are things we will need to do before we can fly there.
The attached picture outlines the flying area, there is a fence on the east side between the green grass and the greener grass that Trudy graciously said we can remove.
Lastly, the county lock on the second gate at the Savage/Christmas creek field is missing, I have notified Trudy, they haven't replaced it yet, so please don't lock that gate untill they put their lock at the end of the chain. Thanks
Raed
Last edited by dong727; Feb 25, 2017 at 04:20 PM. Reason: insertions
Feb 25, 2017, 08:14 PM
The address is 1543 N Fort Christmas Rd, Christmas FL 32709
GPS: 2833'51.34"N
81 1'15.59"W

From hwy 50 go north on N Fort Christmas Rd for 1.9 miles, field entrance is on right straight across from the Fort Christmas Park entrance.
Feb 26, 2017, 05:56 AM
Registered Taranis User
This looks really good! Things seem to be looking up for FSS.
Latest blog entry: Taranis: Aileron-To-Rudder Mix.
Mar 05, 2017, 07:34 PM
Scale Aircraft = Scale Crators
I'm tentative. Need to discuss some family plans.

Saturday looks good. Need clearance for Sun.
Latest blog entry: Finished My Sbach 342!
Mar 05, 2017, 08:27 PM
AECS USN RET. P3 FE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejr83
I'm tentative. Need to discuss some family plans.

Saturday looks good. Need clearance for Sun.
If you show up Sunday odds on winning are pretty good
Mar 06, 2017, 06:32 AM
Scale Aircraft = Scale Crators
Oh, that's right! Keep forgetting that the ales events are just Saturdays.

Thanks Allan!

Now I can make sure to keep that spouse capital invested a little longer.
Latest blog entry: Finished My Sbach 342!