Feb 17, 2017, 09:22 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

March 2017 Model Aviation

The March 2017 issue of Model Aviation begins mailing to AMA members Wednesday, February 22!

Feature articles in this issue include:

*Indiana Warbird Campaign
*Pat Tritle's P-6E Hawk
*AMA Warror Day 2016
*Aircraft Repair

There are also three product reviews:

*AJ Aircraft Acuity
*E-flite Timber 1.5M BNF Basic AS3X with Floats
*CYM Dauntless

Don't forget to check out the regular sections of the magazine too, such as the columns and departments, In the Air, AMA News, Viewfinder, and more. This month, I Am the AMA features the winner of Best in Film for Architecture at the New York City Drone Film Festival.

When you receive your magazine, tell us what you think!

Jenni Alderman
Associate Editor
Model Aviation and Park Pilot
to remove ads between posts
Feb 24, 2017, 12:59 PM
Thread OP

Comments about the March issue

The March issue began hitting member mailboxes this past Wednesday. Have you received yours? What did you think? We'd love to hear comments about the good, the bad, and what we can improve on.

Jenni Alderman
Associate Editor
Feb 25, 2017, 07:44 AM
Crashing with style
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmrsdtr1
The March issue began hitting member mailboxes this past Wednesday. Have you received yours? What did you think? We'd love to hear comments about the good, the bad, and what we can improve on.

Jenni Alderman
Associate Editor
Loved Joe's review of the little Microaces Kits - 'Building a Scale Fokker DVII'. I would though, because I'm biased (I make these kits).

But reviews like this really help our little company get the word out about our products - especially in the US.

Thank you Joe for your time and effort in building and writing this article.

Jon
Feb 25, 2017, 08:25 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbird
Loved Joe's review of the little Microaces Kits - 'Building a Scale Fokker DVII'. I would though, because I'm biased (I make these kits).

But reviews like this really help our little company get the word out about our products - especially in the US.

Thank you Joe for your time and effort in building and writing this article.

Jon
Thanks, Jon! I always enjoy putting your products into "Modeler's Mall" as well. As Joe noted, you're one of the very few companies that sells micro airplane kits. By the way, we didn't notice until after it was in print, but the kit photo on the first page was upside down. Our apologies! We did have it fixed for the digital edition.
Feb 26, 2017, 12:49 PM
March 2017 Model Aviation Magazine - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly!
THE GOOD. President's Perspective, a photo of our President WITHOUT a *&^%$ drone as we saw so often in the past.
THE BAD. Another ARF on the cover. An electric ARF at that. What can be more unrealistic than a P-51 swishing along without some engine noise. True, a fuel model engine does not exactly duplicate the sound of an Allison or Rolls-Royce engine as used in the full scale Mustang, but it is closer than an electric motor. Face it, sound adds to realism and is a major part of the Reno Races and Indianapolis car races.
THE UGLY. THE INSIDE LOOP. Another sixth page photo of Editor Jay Smith with another of his freebie toys. What does Mr. Smith think his smiling face brings to us readers of MA? Would he listen if we offered ideas for more interesting subjects? Start with a photo of an airplane some real modeler BUILT, Jay!
Feb 27, 2017, 07:46 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by EloyM
March 2017 Model Aviation Magazine - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly!
THE GOOD. President's Perspective, a photo of our President WITHOUT a *&^%$ drone as we saw so often in the past.
THE BAD. Another ARF on the cover. An electric ARF at that. What can be more unrealistic than a P-51 swishing along without some engine noise. True, a fuel model engine does not exactly duplicate the sound of an Allison or Rolls-Royce engine as used in the full scale Mustang, but it is closer than an electric motor. Face it, sound adds to realism and is a major part of the Reno Races and Indianapolis car races.
THE UGLY. THE INSIDE LOOP. Another sixth page photo of Editor Jay Smith with another of his freebie toys. What does Mr. Smith think his smiling face brings to us readers of MA? Would he listen if we offered ideas for more interesting subjects? Start with a photo of an airplane some real modeler BUILT, Jay!
Jay's listening to and reading your suggestions; that's why we started this forum, Eloy! Thank you for your comments!

Jenni Alderman
Associate Editor
Feb 27, 2017, 01:22 PM
Multi-Platform Pilot
I always like the District-V column
Feb 27, 2017, 10:40 PM
barracudahockey. Your comment that you like the District column confirms my statement that we don't need 4/5 pages of events all over the country. You are in Florida and know what is going on locally. I am sure you have no interest in a club event in Inkspots Indiana!
The fact that you did not mention anything else you liked in MA adds to my saying that there is little of interest for the builder/flyer in March MA.
I know of the heavy activity in your area from the large number of Floridians that used to come to the Tropical FunFly in Costa Rica in earlier times.
Feb 28, 2017, 08:33 AM
Multi-Platform Pilot
I was having fun, I was the District VP, that was my last column.

I actually read all the district columns and the other informational columns by Keith, Rich, and Dave.

I also read or skim the columns that don't pertain to my interests because I have learned several neat tricks from these authors that apply to stuff I do even if its not specific to what they are writing about.

Quick Reply