Feb 17, 2017, 08:56 AM
Timelord
Thread OP
Discussion

Model Aviation Print and Digital

Please use this thread as a place to discuss Model Aviation magazine in print and digital formats. Our goal is to improve the magazine for our readers and we are looking for your constructive input. Please keep all comments on the topic of Model Aviation magazine. We welcome suggestions around content and the design of the magazine. Specifics are appreciated. This forum will be monitored and derogatory and/or off-topic comments will be removed.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 01, 2018, 10:30 PM
Modeling Retread
If you’re using the iPad app, you can only store two issues at a time. Downloading the new issue will not overwrite one of the two storage slots. You have to go to the tools and eliminate one before downloading the new issue if you want to keep it handy.
Latest blog entry: Prop Reamers
Apr 12, 2019, 07:19 AM
Suspended Account
Take it for what it's worth, but the following phrase comes to mind quite often when I read your content: "Master of the obvious."

In terms of reviews, I'd like to see:
- Done by folks other than the ones who've always done them
- More honest reviews. Too often I buy something that received glowing reviews only to find my experience much different
- Not everyone flies from paved surfaces and/or smooth grass fields*. Let's start reviewing models on rough grass and write about it.

* And by "Grass Fields" I mean real world grass fields. Not the manicured grass of Andy Griffth's home field or at Muncie. I'd love to see how differently most reviews would read if they were flown from well less than perfect grass. There are three fields near me, one AMA, another park, and a third school sports field. Anything less than a 60 size off the AMA field is exercise in busted landing gear and nose overs. Forget retracts. Local park and school are not golf greens, but neither are they cow pastures. Both HH 1m Corsair and Sport Cub both sit, because when about half the time takeoffs or landings involve nose-overs, it's just not fun.
Last edited by franklin_m; Apr 12, 2019 at 12:43 PM.
Sep 04, 2019, 12:34 PM
AeroDan
I LOVE MA. Blows MAN out of the sky. Here’s my beef; How about a little more “How To”, and a little less on Burl & Ivy & their trip across eight states in their ‘74 Winnebago, or how precious Jeremy got his free ride through Yale. My daughter put herself through nursing school, and for a while there, she REALLY had her Hell to handle. Know what I mean?
Last edited by Bell47G2; Sep 04, 2019 at 01:09 PM.

Quick Reply