Feb 26, 2017, 01:58 PM
Looks like we will need M1.6 screws and new frames to mount these to fly... might be possible to get sub 45g Tiny Whoop style brushless going with these...
to remove ads between posts
Feb 26, 2017, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson Wallis
So I have scaled down a frame to 64.3 mm motor to motor (diagonal) and changed the motor mounting pattern, prop diameter is 40mm. All that's left is to cut the frame and purchase the motors...

Attachment 9812763
That looks cool but mind the weight, you wouldn't want to be heavier than 5 grams
Feb 26, 2017, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marblekit
Looks like we will need M1.6 screws and new frames to mount these to fly... might be possible to get sub 45g Tiny Whoop style brushless going with these...
It's already happening even with 1103s. Mine is at 46 mostly because of the heavy frame. Designed a few new ones that should drop 5 grams or so. Already ordered them from AP.
Feb 27, 2017, 12:52 AM
Sure wouldve been great if they made these in 15000kv or so .
Would help spinning a 1525 prop and making some thrust and give it power to save itself on flips and rolls.
Feb 27, 2017, 04:48 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmtree

Do they have actual bearings or just bushings?
Looks like they have brass(bronze?) bushings. Look at the pictures of the base. (they are so small that may greatest macro is still not enough to zoom )

Feb 27, 2017, 07:02 AM
as said, these would be nice with the fishpepper fc and esc. would also be nice to convert a brushed fc to use these motors.
If they will be for sale, for let's say the price of 2 sets of motors for a set. it would be amazing, because they will probably last longer.
Feb 27, 2017, 07:05 AM
Thread OP
And now they are listed on Banggood: http://www.banggood.com/Racerstar-Ra...p-1129234.html
Feb 27, 2017, 07:29 AM
€8,- a pc when buying 4. not to bad I guess. now only somebody needs to start producing the fishpepper parts.
Feb 27, 2017, 11:27 AM
Team Warpsquad!!!
Just give them a week, there will be a 4 pack. Just like the rest of what racerstar offers for quadcopters
Feb 27, 2017, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by montis
Looks like they have brass(bronze?) bushings. Look at the pictures of the base. (they are so small that may greatest macro is still not enough to zoom )

Looks like they are ~3mm OD 1mm ID. I wonder how deep they are. Maybe we could replace them with actual bearings?
Feb 27, 2017, 11:54 AM
polar313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson Wallis
So I have scaled down a frame to 64.3 mm motor to motor (diagonal) and changed the motor mounting pattern, prop diameter is 40mm. All that's left is to cut the frame and purchase the motors...

Attachment 9812763
What size bit/burr do you use to mill a frame this small? I'm thinking .5mm would be sufficient.
Feb 27, 2017, 12:15 PM
Can someone give the distance between the mounting holes on the bottom of the motor? Thanks!
Feb 27, 2017, 12:15 PM
The current draw looks high for the thrust generated, 4x 15g doesn't give you much room to play with on 1s. 12A total draw on 2s is going to require a 25g battery (~350mah) at minimum. Difficult to keep the weight down there.

Let's see, given the current *purchasable* kit available now.
7g - FC and 4in1
4g - AIO cam
~7.5g - 4 motors
10g battery
3g receiver
= ~ 31.5g with no frame, say 5g for a super light one.

Let's say just under 40g AUW for 60g of total thrust. This is more thrust:weight than a tiny whoop

I can see someone building something very cool out of this but it will require som skill and careful part selection.

With the fishpepper gear you might be able to get that down to >30g but that is way beyond my skill level or the amount of frustration I am willing to deal with.

Lots of potential here but I need to see someone else make this work first.
Feb 27, 2017, 12:53 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larcat
Can someone give the distance between the mounting holes on the bottom of the motor? Thanks!
Hard to measure, but according to my caliper it is 4.9-5mm between holes. Mounting holes circle radius DIAMETER is 5.5mm
Last edited by montis; Feb 27, 2017 at 04:06 PM. Reason: 5.5mm mount holes diameter
Feb 27, 2017, 01:08 PM
Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montis
Hard to measure, but according to my caliper it is 4.9-5mm between holes. Mounting holes circle radius is 5.5mm
Like this?

Quick Reply