Feb 23, 2017, 04:59 AM
Wohoo i would love to get some of those. How can i get samples??
My pepperfish could be reduced to 23g AUW! Of course with battery and and fpv gear!
Thats lighter than a tiny whoop...

Simon
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2017, 06:45 AM
silently addicted..
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishpepper
My pepperfish could be reduced to 23g AUW! Of course with battery and and fpv gear!

Simon
What took you so long Simon?
That would be crazy light.

Can't wait for some thrust tests and fragility reports.
Feb 23, 2017, 07:36 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishpepper

Simon
Simon, you definitely deserve a set of those for your great works! (If only my vote would count).

Meanwhile have in mind that these are pre-release samples. It is posssible that they will never be listed for sale. Who knows. I'm just lucky to have an opportunity to test them.
Feb 23, 2017, 09:10 AM
Krotow
They are definitely interesting thingies. So long I didn't seen brushless motors so small. I will wait for testing results with real props. Only 10 mm in diameter... Actually so small size bring on probability to use them instead of brushed motors in existing toy quads. Would be interesting if those small brushless motors would be produced in 720, 820, and 8520 sizes - longer (to be able to produce same torque/rpm) and with 1mm shaft. That will give the possibility to upgrade many brushed quads without mounting fuss. They should have built-in ESC's with direct PWM support and power wires for direct connection to battery.
Feb 23, 2017, 09:27 AM
Well those are exciting! They looks like the 10,000kv of the hk 2g motor, but with an actual base.
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hextroni...___store=en_us

Do they have actual bearings or just bushings?
Feb 23, 2017, 12:42 PM
Team Warpsquad!!!
Elm, I was thinking the same thing. When I get a set, I will dig the hextronic out and do a little comparison
Feb 23, 2017, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btnewman
Elm, I was thinking the same thing. When I get a set, I will dig the hextronic out and do a little comparison
Awesome! Can't wait to hear about it. I remember reading a lot about how the motor would heat up due to the bushings and once someone replaced then he could run bigger props
Feb 23, 2017, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by montis
Currently I'm waiting for 1S ESC to arrive to put this motor on a thrust stand. What propeller options should you suggest?
I hope it pulls more than 15g on 1S. We'll see.
1535 quad props at banggood are made for these on 1s on a lktr90 with tiny ant escs and furious fpv whoop fc .
Maybe get crazy and get a lihv 1s 300 or 250 and also tx03.
That could be the coolest 1s setup ever.
Gonna say around 27-32g with lipo so should be good but if anything 2s 300mah and 40g with lipo max.
Feb 23, 2017, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by montis
Simon, you definitely deserve a set of those for your great works! (If only my vote would count).

Meanwhile have in mind that these are pre-release samples. It is posssible that they will never be listed for sale. Who knows. I'm just lucky to have an opportunity to test them.

Just saying I know a guy who'd pay 80 bucks for a test set like that once tested and still working
Feb 24, 2017, 03:55 AM
Team Warpsquad!!!
I'd like a set...
Feb 24, 2017, 06:48 AM
So I have scaled down a frame to 64.3 mm motor to motor (diagonal) and changed the motor mounting pattern, prop diameter is 40mm. All that's left is to cut the frame and purchase the motors...

Name: Screenshot.png
Views: 164
Size: 72.4 KB
Description:
Last edited by Jayson Wallis; Feb 24, 2017 at 06:59 AM.
Feb 24, 2017, 07:42 AM
Thread OP
Nice frame! Super small Micro Atom
Feb 24, 2017, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson Wallis
So I have scaled down a frame to 64.3 mm motor to motor (diagonal) and changed the motor mounting pattern, prop diameter is 40mm. All that's left is to cut the frame and purchase the motors...

Attachment 9812763
Why not go with a micro stretch-x vs the frog setup? I know the benefits of a stretch-x wouldn't be realized at this size, but I would thinking being thinner would make fitting through indoor gaps easier
Feb 24, 2017, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson Wallis

Attachment 9812763
What motors u getting for that little guy?
Talked with racerstar and they said 0703 will be for sale just not yet.
Habe u seen the micro atom 73mm frame yet?
Think airblade uav has it.
Feb 24, 2017, 11:32 PM
Would like a set of 0703's for this one. I have seen the Micro Atom, that's where I stole borrowed the idea from.
I have 2 Atom 122's and really like the way they preform.
Now just waiting for some testing results to be released and Racerstar to start selling them
Jayson.

Quick Reply