Feb 15, 2017, 03:23 PM
I like foam
Thread OP
Discussion

Southeastern Pa, Indoor fun-fly March 18th, 2017

We're pleased to announce that North Penn High School in Lansdale PA, 19446 is hosting another indoor fun-fly this March 18th, 2017. We are grateful for getting an event in this year, and hope for a good turnout.

The event will take place in two of the high school’s gyms, with the divider removed between them. It is a large flying space. The ceiling is approximately 30ft high. The gyms share the long edge of the basketball court.

GYM DIMENSIONS (both opened): 175ft Wide x 105ft Deep

Google Map of School
Approximate time/distance from locations:
2.1 miles from the Lansdale exit on the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
45 minutes northwest of Philadelphia
30 minutes south of Quakertown
100 minutes east of Harrisburg

TIME: 9am until 4pm (pilot registration starts at 8:45am)
PILOT COST: a $10 cash only donation to the club lets you fly all day. Grade school pilots 18 and under fly for free.
SPECTATOR COST: Free
BRING: AMA highly encouraged; limited A/C power, but we will have power cords out.
EVENTS: TBA, We're planning on something... not sure what yet.
REQUIRED: 2.4GHz. If it's a problem contact me, [email protected]

We have enough flight line for 8-10 active pilots, with 15 minute rotations of: micro only, open (no 3D), 3D, micro helis & micro quads.

ROOM: Approximately 30 tables with chairs will be set up in a “U” shape around the flying area. Table availability is first come first serve. Maximum of one table per person. However, we encourage sharing! Chairs will be provided. Electricity is limited, but there. Bring an extension cord. Pilots can inhabit the bleachers as well.

SPONSORS: Thank you Castle Creations. We are looking for sponsors for the event at any level you can assist us. Our club is entirely self-funded and two years ago we were unable to host an event.

VENDORS: We currently have Hobby Hut from Audubon PA, and Bill Shive from Penn Valley Hobby Center.
Contact [email protected] if you're interested in joining us as a vendor. We'd love donations to raffle instead of a vendor entrance fee.

FOOD: (**UPDATE 2/27/17**) Our food stand will be open for business during lunch, and proceeds will benefit the North Penn Educational Foundation. This organization, a part of North Penn School District, is a huge supporter of our department, and we are extremely thankful for their support.
Last edited by mikeythev; Mar 03, 2017 at 12:02 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 17, 2017, 02:23 PM
Looking forward to this one! Was there a few years ago and it was a great time!
Feb 17, 2017, 09:09 PM
Culper Junior
Good date!
It's on the calendar. See you then Mike.
Feb 19, 2017, 08:51 PM
For Sale-everything over 250 g
I might actually be able to make it this year! Might even have a new jet to fly. I get home to pa 25-Feb and not scheduled to be back in Wichita till end of March!!
Latest blog entry: Bricks!
Feb 27, 2017, 09:22 AM
I like foam
Thread OP

Lunch is a go!

Food will be available during lunch! Our food stand will be open for business during lunch, and proceeds will benefit the North Penn Educational Foundation. This organization, a part of North Penn School District, is a huge supporter of our department, and we are extremely thankful for their support.
Mar 03, 2017, 12:04 PM
I like foam
Thread OP
Castle Creations just joined our sponsor list. Thank you Castle!
Mar 06, 2017, 02:27 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
Have been wanting to attend this one for years but almost always have a conflict. This year it's Pinewood.
Mar 11, 2017, 07:10 AM
I like foam
Thread OP
All day? We could set up some tracks at the event for you. Having two little kids myself, I know what you're going through.
Mar 12, 2017, 09:00 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
Appreciate it but booked solid. I'll make it one of these days I have a couple gym flyers
Mar 15, 2017, 08:07 AM
Any ideas on events throughout the day? I remember a few years ago you had the vapor/ember races and the foam aircraft carrier patrolling the floor.
Mar 16, 2017, 07:37 AM
I like foam
Thread OP

schedule

I totally forgot to post the schedule. Here's our current plan, and it is similar to previous years.
Mar 16, 2017, 10:28 AM
JR > Futaba
Wish i would have known about this earlier! Post pics mike!
~Brian
Mar 18, 2017, 02:32 PM
Culper Junior
Here's two pics.
Had a great time, thanks Mike for hosting this event. We counted six Champs in the air at one time!!
Last edited by aeronca52; Mar 18, 2017 at 02:38 PM.
Mar 18, 2017, 05:14 PM
Yep, it was a great event, but six Champs at one time is enough Aeronca52!

Great meeting you.

TomK
Mar 18, 2017, 06:10 PM
Culper Junior
Oh come on, Tom. Six champs at once improves ones concentration.

Quick Reply