Feb 16, 2017, 07:44 AM
how big is the loan we have to get?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 16, 2017, 10:33 AM
I would also love to see the new style tundra wheels on this! Over the current offerings ��
Feb 16, 2017, 02:49 PM
I'm intrigued by the new bushmule especially the flaps :B Im weary since I have a bad taste in my mouth about the skymule. Im happy the forward gear got updated, I just have my eyes on the nacelles connection to the wing has an update as well. I do have my eyesopen for more news on the Bushmule.
Feb 16, 2017, 08:04 PM
to live and let fly!!
any FPV MOD available?? would be cool like a FPV pod like the BIX3 has.
Feb 16, 2017, 08:08 PM
Aircraft Development Hobbyking
FPV mounting hatch will be supplied, as before.

S.
Latest blog entry: My Channel
Feb 16, 2017, 08:21 PM
Me Want!!!!
Feb 16, 2017, 09:50 PM
New York Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Warne
FPV mounting hatch will be supplied, as before.

S.
Stuart,
Since the whole "cockpit " hatch detaches like the Skymule, you should offer an optional fpv pan/tilt scaled cockpit like the J3 cub. That would be amazing on a twin like the Bushmule!

Fergy
Feb 16, 2017, 11:08 PM
Aircraft Development Hobbyking
A little more footage plus demo of the 'RVS' tech I've had added to the ESC's as standard in the BM.

S.

Aerostar RVS Brushless ESCs w/Reverse Function - HobbyKing Daily (4 min 53 sec)
Latest blog entry: My Channel
Feb 17, 2017, 12:08 AM
Thread OP
I have to order a couple of those. The reversing ESC that came in my Skipper XL died the second time I put it in reverse, even though I did wait for the motor to come to a complete stop. I have a couple of other float planes I can see this ESC finding its way into.

Thanks for the info.

Jim
Feb 17, 2017, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVrailfan
I have to order a couple of those. The reversing ESC that came in my Skipper XL died the second time I put it in reverse, even though I did wait for the motor to come to a complete stop. I have a couple of other float planes I can see this ESC finding its way into.

Thanks for the info.

Jim

Hey Jim...I cant wait to see you work your magic on this one... All your other "projects" have been great....Shame the floats will not be part of the "package" like the Tundra....I love the windows...Fare paying passengers please....Paul..lol
Feb 17, 2017, 09:40 AM
AA6JB
I ALWAYS wanted a Sky Mule and never got around to buying one. I won't make that mistake again. Bring on the Bush Mule!
Feb 17, 2017, 03:10 PM
BEL 31 "Tiger" Sqn
Want!
Feb 17, 2017, 03:33 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Stand-off scale Twotter. Neato.

Rather interested.
Feb 17, 2017, 08:29 PM
The wheels looked huge on the table but in the video looked better going through the grass. Thinking some nice aluminum spinners to fill in the cowl's will look pretty cool. Stuart, hope you're sending plenty and great job!
Feb 17, 2017, 08:49 PM

RESC questions for Stewart

Hi Stewart,

Sad to see you go, you are a bit of a class act and no easy shoes to fill.

Areostar RESC questions.

1/ The manual that came with my Tundra, and the current one online, still talks of stopping rotation before reversing. Your new Tundra video shows that is not needed. Did the newer RESCs change in functionality or has it always been the case that it could handle throwing the reverse switch on the fly? I do note that rev won't happen until the prop stops. If it windmills at speed, how can rev happen in the air?

2/ The manual still mentions 20 and 30 amp versions. Are these still in the works?

3/ I am a definite Bushmule customer which begs the same questions.

FYI, I am looking to set up a 3 way switch on my Taranis. Up=forward, center=brake, down=reverse. I realize that forward at zero will also trigger brake but I want center to omit any throttle in either direction. (I just sometimes like to dead-stick in with the prop stopped) I could live with up not triggering the brake, even if that meant a small amount of prop rotation. I will post this on the BM blog as well.

Quick Reply