Apr 11, 2017, 09:55 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Thread OP
Oops !!!! Whilst adjusting the new radio we noticed “Neutral” was not exactly at Neutral , but rather slightly UP , and it was a mechanical adjustment that was needed , the radio was fine ...good thing we put those adjustment V’s in the control rods ... problem quickly solved... and thus explains the excessive climbing tendencies ...
Some days the Bear eats you , and rolls his great bulk all over your Foamie plane .... hahahaha
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
to remove ads between posts
Dec 30, 2018, 01:36 AM
Ron_RC
Here is my latest UFO. I flew it for the Yelm, WA UFO festival this past year.
RC UFO Flying Saucer Sighting with Tractor Beam (3 min 27 sec)
Dec 30, 2018, 06:58 AM
gpw
gpw
Thread OP
That should keep the neighbors on edge eh Ron ??? hahahaha
We’ve yet to try a Drone , but that is Very COOL …
Dec 30, 2018, 06:59 AM
gpw
gpw
Thread OP
And we’ve had a couple short UFO flights since , and in "calm air" with low rates , it’s very stable , easy to fly ..
Dec 30, 2018, 03:48 PM
flyin' fool
Two words ………………. foil hat!!!
Dec 31, 2018, 06:12 AM
gpw
gpw
Thread OP
The airways so saturated with electromagnetic radiation , The tin foil hat becomes quite considerable .
May 07, 2019, 03:11 AM
Ron_RC
Ha ha! Thanks GPW. This thing is lots of fun to fly. I recently took another video of this UFO with some spy glasses that do quite well in low light.
UFO Flying Saucer sighting 20 Apr 2019 (5 min 12 sec)
May 07, 2019, 03:16 AM
Ron_RC
The only thing I have that's similar to your UFO build is my flying stop sign. This makes me think I should build a UFO in the same manner with polyhedral like a nut ball, but make it a ufo with lights and all. It would be able to hover sort of in a high alpha moving very slowly forward and I could put a tractor beam on the bottom, lighting around the entire fuselage, and nav lights. Please tell me if you think it would be a worth while build? Oh, BTW, here is the flying stop sign.
RC Flying Stop Sign my Newest with Lights (3 min 20 sec)
May 07, 2019, 05:51 AM
gpw
gpw
Thread OP
Ron , you may want to try a Potato Chip , No glue joins in the wing ( heat bent ) and it's the lightest floatiest of them all ...

GPW's Potato Chip (2 min 24 sec)
Last edited by gpw; May 12, 2019 at 07:27 AM.
May 12, 2019, 07:15 AM
gpw
gpw
Thread OP
For anybody who hasn’t tried a Circular wing aircraft as yet , you really need to consider them …. Very EASY to make and surprisingly stable and Good flying !!!
There are so many variations published now , just pick the one you like the looks of and have FUN !!! All of them fly Great !!!
Jun 05, 2019, 04:08 AM
Ron_RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpw
Ron , you may want to try a Potato Chip , No glue joins in the wing ( heat bent ) and it's the lightest floatiest of them all ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff5fQXTzFhI
Nice! That gives me an idea! I have started to make a Jetson mobile and this may be the best air frame type to fly it on. I originally planned to build a tricopter for it but this seems like it would be quicker and easier.
Jun 05, 2019, 05:16 AM
gpw
gpw
Thread OP
We Loved the Jetsons … Can’t wait to see what you come up with …
Jun 10, 2019, 09:22 AM
Ron_RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpw
So, your thoughts, should I go with a Nutballish plane configuration, a tricopter, or go all out and have a tricopter that transitions into plane mode?
Jun 10, 2019, 10:14 AM
Ron_RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpw
This is what I've done so far on the George Jetson mobile. I've had it on the back burner for a while. What do you think?
Jun 11, 2019, 05:46 AM
gpw
gpw
Thread OP
Think it may be good to make some little test gliders to see if it will fly stably … It sure looks possible … Looks FUN !!!

Quick Reply