East Coast ALES Festival, April 1-2, 2017, Farmville, NC - Page 3 - RC Groups
Feb 28, 2017, 08:34 PM
Believe me, if I lived in NC, I would do both. I would really like to support my friends at DESS but I'm still on my DLG high from San Felasco and the Flitz 2 may be ready soon.

It would be nice to fly with my ESL friends again, though. And if I don't go to DESS, Fred M. may kick my butt!

Dave R.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 01, 2017, 09:02 AM
Oleg Golovidov
Dave, if you change your mind in the last few days between CCHLGF and our ALES event, we will be still glad to see you at our new field
Mar 01, 2017, 06:49 PM
Well, my work broke the tie and decided it for me. I'm in!!

Dave R.
Mar 01, 2017, 07:49 PM
Service Engine Soon
Great, glad you can make it Dave.
Just like to add.
We now have no restrictions on quadcopters or what ever you have and want to bring that's e-powered .
Just operate within AMA guidelines and all is good.
Mar 01, 2017, 08:22 PM
Rick Roberts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreisinger
well, my work broke the tie and decided it for me. I'm in!!

Dave r.

Good for you!
Mar 01, 2017, 08:44 PM
What towns of any size are nearby? Looking for a room.

Thanks,

Dave R.
Mar 01, 2017, 08:47 PM
Professional sink locator
Dave,
Look at Greenville NC.
Plenty of hotels in Greenville.
Peter and Don will be staying at the Hampton Inn as usual.

Garry
Mar 01, 2017, 08:54 PM
For the out of town flyers try this link for the local hotels:

https://www.google.com/maps/search/h...77.4971446,12z
Mar 01, 2017, 09:23 PM
powered by caffine
Dave R. will need the quadcopters to get his plane out of the trees!!!
Mar 01, 2017, 09:27 PM
The good news is that all of the tall trees around our new field were harvested for lumber a few weeks ago. The tallest trees are only to the north-east and they are young, maybe 30 feet tall at best.
Mar 02, 2017, 09:17 AM
Service Engine Soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredM
Dave R. will need the quadcopters to get his plane out of the trees!!!
Fred I see you are good friends with Dave.

Like Garry said little problems with trees but no excuse not to be very careful and restart your motor if you get into trouble.
Just to be up front. There is one area on the east side where the big red barn is. If you put a plane in there you are probably done with that plane for the day. We talked to the owner and it has an electric fence with a guard dog. He is ok with us getting a plane back but we need to call him first so that he can meet us there to detain Cujo. .
Mar 02, 2017, 10:07 AM