Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

User Review Highlight! Kyosho Ultima RB6 Readyset

Let's take a look at RCGroups member TheMicroRcWorld's review of the Kyosho Ultima RB6 Readyset, a RTR entry-level 2wd buggy that's perfect for racing or bashing!

Splash

TheMicroRcWorld Tackles The Kyosho Ultima RB6!

The editors and reviewers at RCGroups do their fair share of reviews, but it's the user base that makes this website what it is, and user reviews are exactly what we're looking for! Not only do we like to read about a product, but we also enjoy highlighting an RCGroups member that takes the time to photograph, video, and write about their experiences. In this review, we're taking a look at TheMicroRcWorld's review of the Kyosho Ultima RB8 Readyset. Let's dive in!

Words, photos, and video by TheMicroRcWorld

Today Iím going to do a review for My new Kyosho Ultima RB6 Readyset 1/10 2wd Electric Race buggy. Hope you enjoy!

Features/Specs:

• Based on RB6 kit, same geometry with cheaper materials. Great for Beginners.
  • Chassis - Hard Anodized Black Duralumin, super strong.
  • Shocks - Plastic Bodied, threaded version of the Kyosho race shocks. Big Bore.
  • Reverse Threaded Metal Turn Buckles allow for adjustable Camber. Also Caster is adjustable.
  • Adjustable Slipper Clutch.
  • Motor - Team Orion 2700Kv Neon One
  • Esc - Team Orion 60 Amp R10 Sport ESC. For Nimh and Lipo, Chassis is changeable to suit different batteries. Has built in cooling fan,
  • Servo - KS-201 Servo with aluminum Heatsink and Servo Saver.
  • Radio - Syncro KT-201 2.4ghz. LCD Screen. Throttle and Steering Reversing, End Point Adjustments, ABS Braking, Steering Trim. Steering Dual rates. 3rd Channel although Kyosho say its 2 channel.
  • Tires - Decent grip, wonít compare to high end tires.
  • Body and Wing - Awesome looking Body and Wing, nice paint job.

Performance:

Out of the Box setup is really good. Kyosho did a good job of setting it up for multiple types of terrain. As it is easy to adjust, you can set it up for your track conditions or where you plan to run it. Handling is really good, turns on a dime and feels really smooth and stable around corners. Top Speed depends on the battery you choose to run, although it can do Nimhís I would recommend using a 2s Lipo. The Battery I run is a Gens-Ace 5000mah 50c 2s Shorty Pack, works great and wasnít too much money. With this pack I get roughly 50km/h. It isnít as fast as a mod class buggy as the motor is similar to a stock class motor, however it is plenty fast round a track. The car also jumps through the air really well, nice and stable if you get it right. It has barely any problems with clearing 8th scale jumps at the local 8th scale track. Overall the RB6 Readyset is primed and ready to go out the box, and performs really well for its price-tag.

Final thoughts:

The Kyosho Ultima RB6 Readyset is perfect for those who want to get into racing but canít quite afford a true race kit, such as myself. It performs really well out of the box, and even better with a bit of adjustment. The Build Quality of the Buggy is phenomenal too. And not only that but with a few hop ups and upgrades this Buggy is quite on par with some high end race kits out there. Overall if youíre looking to get into racing but can't afford a kit, or you own a few kits and youíre looking for something to have a bit of fun with, you should seriously take a look at this car as it may just be exactly what youíre looking for.

Video Review:

Kyosho Ultima RB6 ReadySet - REViEW! (12 min 3 sec)

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Feb 15, 2017 at 10:59 PM..
Feb 15, 2017, 10:38 AM
Congrats Micro! I haven't ever seen a review on here from a member like this! Good job
Feb 15, 2017, 12:08 PM
RCGroups Editor
If any of you want the same type of highlight, just let me know!
Feb 15, 2017, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead5496 View Post
Congrats Micro! I haven't ever seen a review on here from a member like this! Good job
Thanks man!
Feb 16, 2017, 09:11 AM
Did I make the A Main?
A grade review, very nice!
Feb 18, 2017, 03:00 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Nice to see this review getting more attention, and that Kyosho still knows how to make well running RC buggies. I have one of the latest RB5, and that one is my favorite 2WD buggy.
Feb 19, 2017, 04:22 AM
My friend got one of these , really I pressed with how it goes and it's very robust.
Good review .
Feb 19, 2017, 02:38 PM
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys!
Just a quick note the tires in the pictures are different to the ones it comes with. The tires it comes with a pretty decent, ribbed front tires and a wide pin tread in the rear. They're a little bit hard for proper racing but will hold their tread over a longer time...good for bashing.