Feb 13, 2017, 02:56 PM
Not Insane
Thread OP
Discussion

New batts arrived--what's up with the cases?

Just had four batteries arrive today, sitting in three white plastic cases. What's with the on-off switch, light, and wires on the cases? What cool things can I do with the cases? Also, what's the purpose of the three black rectangles on sticky back paper?

I like that the batts came with bump tags and the capacity was pre-programmed. Good on ya. thanks, Dan
to remove ads between posts
Feb 13, 2017, 08:14 PM
The sticker is a temperature gauge - the rectangles change color. The case Picture?
Feb 14, 2017, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbreath
Just had four batteries arrive today, sitting in three white plastic cases. What's with the on-off switch, light, and wires on the cases? What cool things can I do with the cases? Also, what's the purpose of the three black rectangles on sticky back paper?

I like that the batts came with bump tags and the capacity was pre-programmed. Good on ya. thanks, Dan
Please, don't be so stingy with the details. Which batteries? Post pictures so we can see what you are referring to. We cannot help without more information.

Glen
Feb 14, 2017, 07:50 AM
Not Insane
Thread OP
Will post pix of the cases. I bought diamond 420's--3700, 1800, 2 ea 2200s.
Dan

edit, here is pix. 3700 6s in case for sizing, left lid is inside view, showing wires and right side shows a micro switch (on-off) and an LED.

Name: Battray..jpg
Views: 120
Size: 136.5 KB
Description: Case with 3700 6s in it for size. Two lids, left one showing wiring, right one showing switch and LED.
Last edited by dogbreath; Feb 14, 2017 at 08:01 AM.
Feb 15, 2017, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Just had four batteries arrive today, sitting in three white plastic cases. What's with the on-off switch, light, and wires on the cases?
The cases are a clever way for Revolectrix to comply with certain air freight/carrier requirements for shipping LiPos to certain countries. The fact that the battery is encased in an 'electronic' box classifies the LiPo as being installed in a piece of equipment rather than being treated as a 'bare' LiPo battery. ...

The switches/wires etc are there so that the box is classified as an electronic device rather than purely a packing 'box'.

Quote:
What cool things can I do with the cases? Also, what's the purpose of the three black rectangles on sticky back paper?
Wheel chock.... Doorstop...
Feb 15, 2017, 08:35 AM
Not Insane
Thread OP
An LED doorstop---perfect! Dan
Feb 15, 2017, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costas_
The cases are a clever way for Revolectrix to comply with certain air freight/carrier requirements for shipping LiPos to certain countries. The fact that the battery is encased in an 'electronic' box classifies the LiPo as being installed in a piece of equipment rather than being treated as a 'bare' LiPo battery. ...

The switches/wires etc are there so that the box is classified as an electronic device rather than purely a packing 'box'.
If this is true, that's pretty ridiculous - on all sides. I'm thinking put some USB ports on it for a high-performance portable battery bank.
May 16, 2017, 06:58 AM
these are actually pretty cool .its a added bonus . throw your lipos in there for transport ,its good protection .
yes i agree its to conform with shipping rules . i may order now simply to have this added bonus .i could get them here in the states but the costs is actually a little higher and no cool boxes .
May 20, 2017, 08:23 AM
I have mixed feelings of the use of these boxes to trick the system. It is legal, probably but I am not a lawyer? Is it safe? Does this box do anything to make is less likely to cause problems? Hum there is my dilemma. No question these shipping regulations were put in effect from known problems. I hope and pray no lives are ever lost from this deception and I pray our families are not any of the victims.
May 20, 2017, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR
I have mixed feelings of the use of these boxes to trick the system. It is legal, probably but I am not a lawyer? Is it safe? Does this box do anything to make is less likely to cause problems? Hum there is my dilemma. No question these shipping regulations were put in effect from known problems. I hope and pray no lives are ever lost from this deception and I pray our families are not any of the victims.
i see your point but this is no different then say shipping a ipad from a foreign country. it to has a lithium battery in it . its a double edge sword ,lipos got to get here somehow .
far as i know most all lipos come from foreign countries.
May 21, 2017, 08:08 AM
It's my understanding there's nothing unethical about it. The packing is mandated by the shipping company. Revolectrix is using the contains to comply with the requirements of the shipper so they can ship their batteries. It's as simple as that.
May 21, 2017, 07:01 PM
Can someone post a picture of these cases?

Glen
May 21, 2017, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcrandall1

Glen
See post 4.
May 21, 2017, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcrandall1

Glen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohmic
See post 4.
Thanks, don't know how I missed that picture.

Glen
Mar 02, 2018, 06:59 PM
wow...just got a shipment today and was like...holy crap they sent me the wrong stuff...I've never seen emergency lights on their website? woah

after a minute or two, I realized why...confirmed by finding this thread.
Latest blog entry: Czech Mate Motor/Cowl

Quick Reply