Jul 22, 2017, 04:37 PM
The Mad Titan
Went up to a 29 tooth pinion for more speed. Still has great torque off the line and the top end is much better (my guess is somewhere in the 40-45mph range). Motor temps were only around 115-120 after about 10 minutes of stop and go, full throttle runs.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2017, 02:53 PM
Go fast, pull up.
I was thinking of pulling the stock VXL motor system from my slash 4wd and trying it out in this car. Does anyone know if it will be a direct bolt on?
Jul 23, 2017, 03:03 PM
The Mad Titan
Traxxas just announced a VXL version of this chassis (no body), so I'm assuming yes, it bolts right in.

https://traxxas.com/products/models/...-2-vxl-chassis
Jul 24, 2017, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC1138
Went up to a 29 tooth pinion for more speed. Still has great torque off the line and the top end is much better (my guess is somewhere in the 40-45mph range). Motor temps were only around 115-120 after about 10 minutes of stop and go, full throttle runs.
40-45 is still pretty good! I bet it looks faster than it actually is lol.

I have a 1/8 brushless car and I thought it was going way fast. Put my phone in it and GPS said it topped out at 34

Quote:
Traxxas just announced a VXL version of this chassis (no body), so I'm assuming yes, it bolts right in.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to get the brushed one with the body, and add a brushless system?

And did y'all see the Ford Mustang GT they have now???
Jul 24, 2017, 10:31 PM
The vxl with the new mustang body would be a killer combo. Though, I'd hate to see what would happen to that pretty body at over 70 mph lol.
Jul 24, 2017, 10:59 PM
Yeah it would be awesome!! I would be sad to see the Mustang crash though lol.

If I had one I would probably let the Mustang (or GT) body be for the shelf and get a beater body to drive with

I would like to make it into a Hellcat, I've seen some of those bodies around I think
Jul 25, 2017, 05:56 PM
Kyosho makes or at least made (says discontinued on tower) a black or lime green hellcat brushless rc car. As long as the wheel base is similar it should be good to go, hpi makes an old school challenger too
Jul 26, 2017, 06:11 AM
The Mad Titan
I was looking into those Kyosho Challenger bodies and I think they're too long by just a bit.
Jul 29, 2017, 10:37 PM
Ah dang that sucks on the Challenger bodies!! That would have been sweet

What is y'alls favorite? The Ford GT or Mustang GT??
Jul 30, 2017, 07:34 AM
The Mad Titan
Yeah, the Challenger is listed as a 275mm wheelbase while the 4-Tec 2.0 is listed as a 256mm wheelbase. I'm sure you could cut a little here and there, but it may not look right at the end.

As for the GT vs Mustang, I think they both look great (though I'm more a fan of the previous generation Mustang's looks).
Aug 30, 2017, 07:17 PM
I smell lithium now
Quote:

In case anyone's wondering, the Vaterra 69 Camaro body fits nice on that new VXL chassis too. Just had to trim the wheel wells a little, turn the body mounts around (to get a little narrower), and bring both mounts rearward as far as they go. I can probably get away with lowering the mounts a little, or removing the spacers I put in the shocks... but the first run just now was an absolute blast. I'm definitely gonna go through some tires on this thing; drifting it in the road is just way too fun !
Last edited by D B Cooper; Aug 30, 2017 at 07:23 PM.
Aug 30, 2017, 08:00 PM
The Mad Titan
That looks great.
Aug 30, 2017, 11:48 PM
Do Vaterra body comes with the mounting holes pre drill? I been looking at buying one of their truck body but every photo i see shows the clear body with holes pre drill
Aug 31, 2017, 07:43 AM
I smell lithium now
My experience is with a total of one Vaterra body, but yes it did come pre drilled.

I'm guessing the rest are also, and share the same dimensions and hole pattern, based on their v100 frame.
Sep 01, 2017, 02:09 PM
Dam that sucks. But thx for the info

Quick Reply