Feb 16, 2017, 09:51 PM
It looks pretty cool I will say. Can't wait for the videos when it's made brushless and going 50...60...70...mph
to remove ads between posts
Feb 16, 2017, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead5496
It looks pretty cool I will say. Can't wait for the videos when it's made brushless and going 50...60...70...mph
Yeah, but then u crash that beautiful body... I'd be happy with a solid 30mph. Probably could do it with the stock brushed and a lipo and up a tooth or two on the pinion. Actually probably 35 with that combo. And who cares motor temps, it's a cheap brushed motor, buy another one.
Feb 17, 2017, 09:50 AM
That's a good point. Would hate to crash it. I wonder how much just a body would cost??

Or else make it fast and just stick a beater body on it for speed runs
Feb 20, 2017, 02:56 AM
Low budget fun
Body is too beautiful. Driving is going to be heart wrenching.

I think I ask this every time but... do they sell body separately?
Mar 10, 2017, 10:48 AM
Anybody seen one of these in person yet? It's March!
Mar 10, 2017, 11:03 AM
Suspended Account
yes just picked up the red one from nankin.. nice but slow being brushed dropped a brushless in it that woke it up.. now does 60 easy on 2 cell with a 4800kv..
Mar 10, 2017, 07:23 PM
You got it to 60??? Do you have a video??
Jun 01, 2017, 12:46 AM
Everyone is drooling over the body, Tamiya has had scale REALISTIC racing, and regular body's for years.
Jun 01, 2017, 11:34 AM
Suspended Account
this body any links to it not seeing anything close from tamiya this is traxxas ..not made thru tamiya.
Jun 08, 2017, 02:47 PM
I've had one on "pre-order" at A-Main for months....still no stock, still on pre-order on their website. Contacted Traxxass via email, they said "they're already in stores". Oh yeah? WHERE? It's June 8th now. What's the hold up, Traxxas? This is the first time I've bought a new release of an RC car. Kinda puts me off my toast.
Jun 08, 2017, 08:14 PM
The hobby store by me has 4 of them
Jul 07, 2017, 09:31 PM
The Mad Titan
Finally got mine today (Black). Immediately went to a Castle Creations brushless system (nothing crazy, 3800kv 1410 SCT combo). Wow ,this thing is fun, and the TSM works really well. You can drift this thing or just blast it straight. I know some people consider Traxxas to be gimmicky or "less" than other hobby grade vehicles, but they really did a nice job on this one and it's just plain fun to drive.
Jul 08, 2017, 12:09 PM
I've always thought Traxxas was a great brand. They definitely know how to appeal to people. This car is gorgeous! I need to get one.

How fast would you say yours is??
Jul 08, 2017, 03:47 PM
The Mad Titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead5496
I've always thought Traxxas was a great brand. They definitely know how to appeal to people. This car is gorgeous! I need to get one.

How fast would you say yours is??
Honestly, I have no idea. I was running a 2S 50C 5200mah pack and went with the 25 tooth speed gear they supplied. The reason I went with the 3800kv motor was in case I wanted to try out 3S, but this thing was more than fun on the 2S. I don't have a IR gun to test motor temp so I have no idea if I was stressing the motor or not? I'm going to try her out today back on the standard 21 tooth gear and see how she does. If the top end is still to my liking, I'll probably keep her like this so I know I'm not giving the motor a hard time.

As they say in some of the promos, this thing REALLY handles like a muscle car with as much over steer as you want to dial in with the TSM. If you like road cars, you'll love this one.
Jul 08, 2017, 08:28 PM
The Mad Titan
Ok, went out with the standard 21 tooth pinion. From a standstill, it took off like a bat outta hell, but the top end was a little lacking (at least it seemed like it was in the big, open lot I was driving in). I've put the 25 tooth back in. I'm going to assume that a 3800kv Short Course motor on 2S won't have a hard time in this car with this set up.

Quick Reply