Feb 14, 2017, 04:14 PM
DFS#000178
I don't think $300 is too much. Especially when a 2WD brushed Slash with TSM was $289.99 as well when it was available.

Plus, Traxxas has parts support in far, far more locations than Vaterra, which is just a small off-brand for Horizon that isn't supported by anyone who's not a Horizon dealer.

The original 4TEC was a sweet car. Won a TON of awards back in the day. The 4TEC 2.0 is going to be pretty sweet too. It looks like a great chassis. And the body looks killer.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2017, 04:30 PM
This car looks terrific. I also would be happier with a price around $250, given the brushed setup, but it's a good brand and has that expensive licensed body. For the price, I really want headlight buckets and not stickers like Tamiya does on much less expensive models. If you're going to go scale, do it right. Give an option where we can add LED's. My only REAL complaint about this car. I'm tired of $20 Toys at Walmart looking better than my $300 toys.

Also just realized it came with that stability management. Interesting... that's worth some money.
Feb 14, 2017, 04:34 PM
RALLY VERSION PLEASE!
Feb 14, 2017, 08:32 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
Hmm...

Nope.

The Ford GT doesn't do it for me and neither does that chassis. I'd have that steering crank jammed up with a random pebble in no time. Then I'd have to make a video of it going in circles and rant about it for a week or two before finally either getting a refund or just selling it and then ranting about it some more. I'd rather not bother with all of that.
Feb 14, 2017, 11:43 PM
Never got a rock stuck in my steering on my exceed or my brother in law with his associated
Feb 14, 2017, 11:46 PM
I have a tamiya TT02 rally with the same type of steering rack and it did not get nothing stuck in it and It does this!

tamiya tt02 mud rally associated ess one sound part 1 (2 min 24 sec)
Feb 15, 2017, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamar6
Never got a rock stuck in my steering on my exceed or my brother in law with his associated
That's good. This is neither of those.
Feb 15, 2017, 01:55 PM
Suspended Account
had a modded 4 tec since 2011 went from nitro to electric... never has anything get in the steering ever.. and i have run on a gravel road..
Feb 15, 2017, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdog69
had a modded 4 tec since 2011 went from nitro to electric... never has anything get in the steering ever.. and i have run on a gravel road..
A little off topic, but how hard was the conversion? I have been debating doing that myself with a 1/10 nitro monster truck...
Feb 15, 2017, 02:57 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead5496
A little off topic, but how hard was the conversion? I have been debating doing that myself with a 1/10 nitro monster truck...
nothing off topic just proving .. myself and many more 4 tec users have never had a rock in steering ...
Feb 15, 2017, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdog69
nothing off topic just proving .. myself and many more 4 tec users have never had a rock in steering ...
No no no haha I didn't mean you were off topic. I was saying my question of how hard is it to do a nitro to electric conversion was off topic
Feb 15, 2017, 04:12 PM
What good is an ignore feature if you can still see quotes from the ignored?

Anyway, comparisons to other cars, even the old 4-Tec, are pointless because this one has a new steering system with only a few millimeters of clearance over the chassis. We shall see what happens when they get into the hands of users and those front tires start kicking pebbles around those bellcranks. Some people may never have a single issue with it. I don't have that kind of luck and I would be digging jammed rocks out of it within minutes. Therefore, I'll still pass.
Feb 15, 2017, 07:14 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD One.
Hmm...

Nope.

The Ford GT doesn't do it for me and neither does that chassis. I'd have that steering crank jammed up with a random pebble in no time. Then I'd have to make a video of it going in circles and rant about it for a week or two before finally either getting a refund or just selling it and then ranting about it some more. I'd rather not bother with all of that.
If I've never gotten a belt jammed or the steering locked up while desert-bashing any of HPI's belt-driven offroad vehicles (RS4 Rally, RS4 MT), then this won't be a problem.

Quote:
like Tamiya does on much less expensive models.
Tamiya and "less expensive" usually don't fit together too well. Most of their better-looking kits are in the $200 ballpark without electronics--well, maybe you'll get a motor and ESC. It most likely won't have bearings, either, it'll have plastic bushings so you'll have to spring another $30-$50 on a bearing kit.

I love Tamiya products but they're expensive AF.
Feb 16, 2017, 12:00 AM
Traxxas body is 4 parts traxxas said it was very difficult body to make
Feb 16, 2017, 04:21 PM
First Look
First Look: Traxxas 4-Tec 2.0 Ford GT (8 min 0 sec)

First Drive
FIRST DRIVE: Traxxas 4-Tec 2.0 Ford GT (1 min 54 sec)

Quick Reply