Traxxas Ford GT 4-Tec 2.0 - RC Groups

Traxxas Ford GT 4-Tec 2.0

The new Ford GT from Traxxas is a 1/10th scale on-road car featuring the 4-Tec 2.0 chassis. Priced under $300, it's ready to run and comes with Traxxas Stability Management built in!

Splash

Own A Supercar Without The Insurance Premiums!

Ford made a departure from the naturally aspirated V8 engine in the GT with the introduction of the EcoBoost V6. Fed by a pair of potent turbochargers, the 3.5 liter six-cylinder race-ready engine churns out a whopping 647 horsepower. And while it may not have that distinct V8 growl anymore, it's still a more-than-worthy contender on any track. Traxxas has captured the essence of this all-new supercar in their 1/10th scale version, and it won't cost you half a million dollars to own! Available in three solid colors, the Ford GT body sits atop a 4-Tec 2.0 nylon-composite chassis. This 4wd platform comes standard with a 12-turn 550 brushed motor, XL-5 ESC, a high-torque waterproof steering servo, a TQi transmitter, and a 7-cell NiMH battery and wall charger.

Also standard are oil-filled dampers, a quick-release battery tray designed for NiMH or LiPo packs, rubber sealed ball bearings throughout, and black chrome wheels. The Traxxas Ford GT retails for $289.95 and is scheduled for delivery in March 2017.

CLICK HERE for more info on the new Traxxas Ford GT.

Traxxas Stability Management

The Ford GT comes with TSM built into the TQi radio system. This stability system is not a crutch, but rather offers gyroscopic assistance to prevent spinouts on slippery surfaces, even under full acceleration. TSM also helps reduce tire spin on launch, and can be set from zero to 100%.

Features:

• 4-Tec 2.0 smooth-bottom, low-CG molded tub nylon composite chassis.
  • Shaft-driven all-wheel drive.
  • Titan® 12T 550 modified brushed motor. Chassis and gears are brushless-ready for an easy upgrade to Velineon brushless power.
  • Waterproof, 2S LiPo-compatible XL-5™ ESC with forward and reverse.
  • TQi™ radio system includes high-torque waterproof steering servo and TSM 5-channel micro receiver with fail-safe, integrated telemetry ports and Traxxas Link™ compatibility (requires Traxxas Link Module, sold separately).
  • Painted and trimmed ProGraphix© body with officially licensed Ford GT design.
  • Adjustable Ultra oil shocks.
  • Single-speed direct-drive transmission.
  • Dual bellcrank steering with integrated cam-type servo saver and high angle steering option.
  • High-tech suspension with adjustable droop.
  • Quick-release, dual height battery hold-down accommodates various sizes of NiMH and LiPo packs.
  • Sealed hardened steel bevel gear differentials.
  • Front foam bumper.
  • High-performance, long-wearing compound tires, measuring 2.6” (65.5 mm) diameter, 1” (25.4 mm) front width, 1.2” (30 mm) rear width.
  • Black chrome wheels with lug nut detail and replica brake discs with red calipers. All measure 2.1” (52.6 mm) diameter and feature 12 mm hexes.
  • Rubber-sealed ball bearings.
  • 7-cell NiMH battery with iD connector.

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Feb 13, 2017 at 12:02 PM..
Feb 13, 2017, 09:10 AM
It's not brushless...but it looks amazing

I'm going to have to get one of these bad boys. Will the TSM work with a brushless system that isn't Traxxas brand?
Feb 13, 2017, 10:55 AM
TSM is in the receiver, so it should be fine with any brand ESC.
Feb 13, 2017, 10:56 AM
You think 300 is a lot for all this.... Lol. Go back to the 80s where a flat fiberglass pan car with no rear suspension, little front kingpin mounted springs and just a chassis and not even a body was almost 200! That was a lot of money back then. Still is!

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2828393
Feb 13, 2017, 11:56 AM
It is a lot considering you can get a hpi sport 3 brushless for less. Part support won't be the same but once you upgrade the Traxxas to brushless your car will be well over $400. For the price difference you can stock up on parts and have enough spares for years.
The Ford looks amazing, but just like all Traxxas cars it's overpriced for what it offers.
Feb 13, 2017, 02:10 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by vujkovicv
It is a lot considering you can get a hpi sport 3 brushless for less. Part support won't be the same but once you upgrade the Traxxas to brushless your car will be well over $400. For the price difference you can stock up on parts and have enough spares for years.
The Ford looks amazing, but just like all Traxxas cars it's overpriced for what it offers.
great.. not ...recommending a car made by a defunked company..
Feb 13, 2017, 02:29 PM
Hpi has been releasing stuff. Check your facts. They are slowly coming back.
Last edited by vujkovicv; Feb 15, 2017 at 01:21 PM.
Feb 13, 2017, 02:29 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdog69
great.. not ...recommending a car made by a defunked company..

I think James Brown will be very sad, seeing all this defunking going on.

Jokes aside, vujikovicv has a point about Traxxas pricing. Like with a real car, you pay to get a Mercedes Benz, but under the hood you find some lower spec components than you'd expect, looking at what you paid for. Or you go to a restaurant, and pay Michelin Star prizes, but discover the food comes from a food truck a few block away. It's still good, but not as classy as you would expect, looking at the price tag.

Then again, the body looks really nice though, so it'll probably sell well anyways.
Feb 13, 2017, 08:58 PM
Pro Racing
I bought a Lamborghini body & I never used it for racing, I only use it for driving slow to show it off to my neighbors... Not to mention the runtimes are longer. I'm afraid that I might hit the curb. PS: Bodies are too expensive until you have an accident & scrap/scratch your Body/Chrome Rims. Not to mention I broke 4 Chrome Rims. Anybody agree or disagree? Best Regards, Ryan
Feb 14, 2017, 07:21 AM
Did I make the A Main?
they're talking about making this a spec class at the on-road club in my area
Feb 14, 2017, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXBug85
I bought a Lamborghini body & I never used it for racing, I only use it for driving slow to show it off to my neighbors... Not to mention the runtimes are longer. I'm afraid that I might hit the curb. PS: Bodies are too expensive until you have an accident & scrap/scratch your Body/Chrome Rims. Not to mention I broke 4 Chrome Rims. Anybody agree or disagree? Best Regards, Ryan
I agree. I want to get a Raptor body for my slash, but knowing that is is just going to get beat up makes me not get one. I could have "show" body and a "basher" body maybe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_delong
they're talking about making this a spec class at the on-road club in my area
That would be awesome! I'm sure it's going to appeal to beginners.

What would be sweet would be to incorporate a OBA system of the real Ford GT engine sound. I would buy it just for that
Feb 14, 2017, 08:30 AM
Did I make the A Main?
my favorite OBA is the ESS One+:
http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho....php?p=2325878

not only do they have hundreds of sound files to choose from (including 3rd channel horns), but they give you the opportunity to send them custom sound files for them to convert and make compatible with the system

I ran it a few times in my Spec Slash for kicks, is was fun to blast the horn every time I needed to be marshaled, ha!
Feb 14, 2017, 08:58 AM
Park Stormer
I think the price is fair given that it's the most advanced lexan body I've ever seen; note how they molded the 'tunnels' built into the GT body, and the amazing looking tail light exhausts.

I'd like to see how this throws down versus the Vaterra on-road cars (which come in at a comparable price point, given the less advanced body).
Feb 14, 2017, 09:26 AM
Did I make the A Main?
take a look at the bodies made by Delta Plastik:
http://deltaplastikusa.com/10th-scale/200mm

years ago I used to race the Enzo in USGT and it performed very nicely for me

As far as box stock performance goes, I'd put my money on the brushless powered Vaterra where the brushed TRX will more than likely go significantly slower if I had to guess. As far as corner speed goes, I think that's anyone's guess, neither car really offers much as far as tuning options go
Feb 14, 2017, 10:22 AM
The traxxas is going to be way more adjustable then the vaterra.the vaterra upper arms alone can't be adjusted but u can put adjustable rods on the traxxas.also i talked to a guy at traxxas and he said there will be lots of opinion parts and this is one of the best chassis they built.he also said it's built to race specs and don't let the plastic parts fool u because there will be parts for racing.i believe this is going to be a winner for a shaft car for the track when all the parts come out