Dec 17, 2018, 10:51 AM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
Indeed they will meet - if all my old WC models keep getting sold in the SASS club there will be a lot of Maple leafs flying around Seattle for the next few years
to remove ads between posts
Dec 17, 2018, 01:04 PM
plays with toy planes
Build the wall
Dec 17, 2018, 01:45 PM
lol Barry
Dec 18, 2018, 10:20 AM
Flying Low
Well I need a calmer day to fully enjoy this bird but my maiden toss on it yielded a 4 minute flight and I don’t think I even threw it higher than 50’. 10mph gust with no ballast made it tough though so I packed it up early.
Dec 18, 2018, 12:15 PM
Flying Low
Before the flight pic.
Dec 18, 2018, 01:29 PM
clearly not a superstitious person... I never show before maiden pictures.....I dont even take them.... I take a shot AFTER a nice maiden flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarnes0061
Before the flight pic.
Dec 18, 2018, 02:28 PM
Flying Low
Quote:
Originally Posted by webbsolution
clearly not a superstitious person... I never show before maiden pictures.....I dont even take them.... I take a shot AFTER a nice maiden flight
Lol well I normally take them as I would like to have it in case the plane is destroyed but didnít post it until after the maiden.
Dec 18, 2018, 02:37 PM
In F3J size does matter!
Thread OP
Nice new color schemes by Jerem Aero.
Dec 18, 2018, 04:11 PM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by webbsolution
You beat me responding. I was to ask where the after maiden photo was.

Nice bird. Makes someone obliged to fly the winterpostal.

check rcgroups for it.
Dec 18, 2018, 11:43 PM
Good looking new designs.

Received an email this morning from Denis.

My Vortex 3 is on it's way!
Dec 19, 2018, 10:33 AM
Got mine yesterday, version strong. The wing is noticeably stiffer than standard, as it should be of course. My standard ones both weight 229 grams ready to fly, I expect this one to be around 240 grams (the wing is around 12 grams heavier at 120 grams). Will check the exact weight difference. This strong version should be a good jack-of-all-trades, as I mostly fly the standard one with a 14 gram ballast anyway if there is some wind (ballasting starting at around 3 m/s wind).

Good quality and quick delivery = very good service from Team Vortex. Me happy, got an early Christmas present ;-)

Tommy
Dec 19, 2018, 11:05 AM
Flying Low
More flights on mine this morning in nice calm air and was able to start trimming it out. It’s slightly nose heavy so will adjust some before the next flight. What is everyone running their CG at.
Dec 19, 2018, 11:46 AM
64.5 mm is the sweet spot for me.
Dec 19, 2018, 11:52 AM

Cg

64mm seems to be the semi sweet spot. Some might prefer it 1-2mm further back. Mine start at 65-66mm (for light to neutral air) and move forward depending on air, light to heavy. I have 4 V3's so it is easy to just switch planes instead of messing with the CG. Ballasting moves CG forward of course.
Cary
P.S. I have one of the super duper scales talked about elsewhere in the groups. Has been a boon to getting planes set up for max flight conditions.
Dec 19, 2018, 12:01 PM
Balance point somewhere between 63-64 mm. Nearer the 63 with ballast.
Tommy

Quick Reply