Feb 12, 2017, 04:58 PM
In F3J size does matter!
Thread OP
Discussion

Introducing the Vortex 3

Denis gave me permission to unveil the next DLG from his workshop, the Vortex 3.

At this time, very few details can be shared as there are some interesting features in this DLG that are still in development but I can tell you it's going to be a VERY unique model based on some concepts which the Vortex team has been developing secretly for the past year.

What can be revealed is that the Vortex 3 is based on modified airfoils from the very successful Vortex 2 wing aimed at increased launch height and penetration while maintaining the excellent float of the Vortex 2 and even increasing it a bit.
The wing area has been reduced slightly from 20.5 dm to 20.15 dm and the tail has been slightly shortened compared to the Vortex 2.
New tails were also developed, aimed at weight reduction without giving away performance.
The Vortex 3 will be available in both top and bottom mounted elevator configurations as Denis is making two sets of fuselages to suit personal pilot preference.

The Vortex 3 is planned to hit the market around April.
More information will become available soon, in the meantime some pictures from the earlier stages, hopefully I will have some more to share with you in the following days.

Roy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update
In the Official Vortex 3 build thread
you will find build information, videos of building methods, settings and templates for building the Vortex 3.
Last edited by roydor; Apr 19, 2018 at 02:36 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2017, 06:11 PM
Interesting. Looks to have a fair amount of dihedral. Please keep us posted!
Feb 12, 2017, 06:18 PM
Lot of new planes this year ...really looking forward to see that new bird live, Denis....and hope to meet you in Ludbreg this year, Roy
Feb 12, 2017, 06:30 PM
Closed Account
I like the shorter nose section.
Feb 13, 2017, 12:02 AM
In F3J size does matter!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo340
Lot of new planes this year ...really looking forward to see that new bird live, Denis....and hope to meet you in Ludbreg this year, Roy
Don't know about Ludbreg this year, a bit close to the WC in Lviv, probably my favorite venue but will be hard to leave the family twice in one month to go flying...
You coming to the Ukraine this year Rollo?
Feb 13, 2017, 01:23 AM
*Full Disclosure* Im a Gorilla
This is very cool!! Thanks for launching the thread Roy!! I've been anxiously awaiting the V3 for some time now. Everything coming out of Denis' laboratory lately has been fire!! I can't wait to get my hands on the new V3!! I'm super stoked!!
Feb 13, 2017, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roydor
Don't know about Ludbreg this year, a bit close to the WC in Lviv, probably my favorite venue but will be hard to leave the family twice in one month to go flying...
You coming to the Ukraine this year Rollo?
Unfortunately not, Roy...I am blocked for the WC as I switched from Taiwan back to Germany. Trying to qualify for the EC in Slovakia next year and for the WC 2019 wherever they may take place .

Good luck with the V3 and the WC

Rollo
Feb 13, 2017, 09:12 AM
Feb 13, 2017, 10:29 AM
AERO+
I like every NEW things. keep it going and wait to see more amazing staff.
Feb 13, 2017, 10:48 AM
Auger up & out, not down & in!
Just curious, is Glider pros still handling distribution in the U.S.? Tom
Feb 13, 2017, 01:40 PM
*Full Disclosure* Im a Gorilla
Tom, FlightComp will be handling Vortex sales
Feb 13, 2017, 01:58 PM
Time for me to Fly...
It looks very blue. lol. It will be interesting to hear what these "interesting features" are.
Feb 14, 2017, 02:16 AM
DS Composites Team Pilot
Looking forward to getting to see and fly one of these!
Latest blog entry: My sailplanes
Feb 14, 2017, 05:02 AM
BVM & JR/DFA Rep
Excited to see Denis' new airplane. The V2 is an incredible airplane, and I expect the V3 will be awesome too!

So many great choices out there in the DLG world now. It's incredible how many great and AVAILABLE airplanes there are as compared to just 3 years ago when I started flying K. Awesome!
Feb 17, 2017, 02:41 PM
nice
Last edited by boicuorg; Feb 17, 2017 at 03:00 PM.

Quick Reply