Runcam Night Eagle - RC Groups
Feb 12, 2017, 03:38 AM
Mini-Review

Runcam Night Eagle

nicktwinnflying (7 min 3 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Mar 31, 2017, 07:34 PM
Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Been using it for a few weeks now. I'm still enthralled with flying in almost complete blackness, even with no infrared LEDs.

Flying through trees is a bit tricky since twiggy branches are near invisible, but still lots of fun.
Jun 17, 2017, 02:41 AM
Hey Guys, don't suppose any of you tried flying with Quanum V2 goggles fed from Night Eagle?
I get synchronisation errors.

RunCamNightEagleProbs (14 min 18 sec)

RunCamNightEagleProbs2 (8 min 27 sec)
Jul 04, 2017, 12:29 AM
As I understand your video, the problem is only occurring with the Runcam Night Eagle, and the Quanum V2 Pro goggles. From your videos you have demonstrated the video transmitter, video receiver and various fpv cams are in working order. The test I am curious to see results from is the noise/voltage coming back down the V2 Pro line that plugs into the receiver, compared with the noise/voltage present on the V1 goggles line plug. If the V2 is introducing some kind of interference or noise into the receiver then it could be preventing the "lock" onto signal within the receiver. It could also be that noise/interference produced within the V2 prevents the monitor from displaying the video signal right away from the receiver on channel changes. I know you demonstrated that using a different fpv cam with the V2 pro does not present the issue. I do not think that shows a failing on the night eagles part. We know from experience that plugging the RC832 into a television/monitor/goggles produces no image on the display unless video is being fed into the video transmitter. There may be a difference in the signal envelope between fpv cameras that allows the other cameras to overcome the issue be it noise induced in the receiver by the V2, or internal interference within the V2 in displaying the image. My hunch says there is electrical noise generated within the V2 goggles either being fed into the receiver on the input line or causing monitor issues within the V2. The delay and then lock sure looks like interference in the receiver that is slowly overcome to attain lock.

Just a thought but the runcam night eagle has a minimum input voltage of 5 volts. The vtx you are using depending on the version puts out either 12v or 5v on the camera supply circuit that it appears you are using to power the fpv cameras. If you do find a difference in video signal if you run your scope between the the fpv cameras and the vtx, it might be worth checking the voltage output from the vtx to the cameras both open circuit and under load of each camera. We know there is a threshold that a video input signal must cross before the receiver outputs a signal, and being right on that jagged edge could also have results that look like yours.
Last edited by lifeatredline76; Jul 04, 2017 at 12:49 AM.
Jul 21, 2017, 11:38 AM
Is there a reason for recording audio? Why not a catapult launcher, right after purchasing my FX-79 and trying to get the W&B right I ordered a Pedal Operated Bungee Launch System/Ramp.