F-16 Hobbyking 64/70mm Edwards scheme - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Feb 11, 2017, 08:35 AM
Cool

F-16 Hobbyking 64/70mm Edwards scheme

In one of the weekly updates from HK we could see it (in NY), and it has arrived, first as a kit, then also PNP 3s

Kit - white foam parts, Edwards scheme is done with decals (not paint): https://hobbyking.com/en_us/f16-ep-kit.html

Here's what HK says on the product page of the pnp, 3s
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/f16-ep-pnp.html

Have you got the need for speed? Do you live on the edge? Go ballistic with the H-King replica of the world-renowned Falcon Fighter jet. Sports scale EDF jet performance from a lightweight, strong EPO molded airframe combined with a 64mm high-powered 6 bladed fan.The kit version of the Falcon requires high-torque servos, 50A electronic speed controller and a 4800kv EDF unit. Once completed you have a dynamic EDF RC jet specifically designed for intermediate and advanced pilots.
High-speed rolls, big loops and fast fly bys will put a smile and your dial.

Features:
Ballistic flying performance
Sport scale replica kit version of the world-renowned Falcon jet fighter
Lightweight EPO foam construction
Large elevons or aileron control
Easily removable landing gear for short grass field handling

Specs:
Wingspan: 670mm (26")
Length: 1035mm
AUW: 850g
ESC: 50A with BEC
Motor: Black Tornado 3S 4800kv brushless outrunner motor
EDF unit: Black Tornado 64mm with 6 blades

Required:
1 x 4-6ch transmitter and receiver with elevon mixing capability
1 x 1800~2200mAh 3S Lipo battery
2 x 9g servos for additional ailerons
1 x Need for speed !!

H-King F-16 Falcon Jet - Product Profile (10 min 15 sec)

H-King F-16 Falcon Jet - Product Video (1 min 11 sec)
Last edited by mopetista; Nov 08, 2017 at 02:38 AM. Reason: product profile video added
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2017, 10:25 AM
AUW at 850g for a 64mm edf running on 3s is really heavy.

This needs to be 4s or no go.

My scratchbuilt 70mm 4s edf with landing gear and retracts is around 850g AUW too!
Feb 15, 2017, 09:02 AM
Blue skies!
Just ordered the kit one. Will use 4S, definitely.
Feb 15, 2017, 10:49 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Anyone received a kit yet? I get mine early next week ,but interested to see what the kit looks like.
Feb 16, 2017, 09:45 AM
S.A.D Member
Mine will be here tomorrow, will have a look tomorrow night and see if its any good, went with the kit as there pnp generally have lousy gear in them.
mine is getting a dr mad thrust 64mm 850 watt 4s fan

Remains to be seen if any good but for 44 quid it worth a punt if you already have the gear

Gooseman
Feb 16, 2017, 07:56 PM
Blue skies!
I'm collecting mine tomorrow from the warehouse. Could have picked it up same day I ordered it.. they're really really shifting the orders through at the mo.

Taking a gamble on this as can't find any info on it. Definitely going 4S though.. got a CS 10blade 64mm that should sound nice.
Feb 17, 2017, 06:28 AM
Blue skies!
So far, so good. Only opened the box to take a peek, but I like what I see. Decent EPO and a lot for your money. Will probably buy another at this price.

Will get some photos of it in a bit.

Kevin in the UK warehouse mentioned he thought it looked like a copy of the Phase3 F-16, only bigger... which is a good thing.. especially for 43!
Feb 17, 2017, 06:52 AM
I am pretty sure it is a Dynam F-16 (there's a thread and more on the web if you want to know more about the model, quirks, CG etc)
Feb 17, 2017, 08:47 AM
Blue skies!
Looks a lot like it, but I don't think it is a Dynam. Length is slightly wrong, although that might come down to where they chose to measure it from. I guess it could have been a Dynam originally but has since had modifications to the mould? So yeah, as you say... a variant of the Dynam one. The canopy is different on the fuse and the canopy itself.

http://www.dynam-rc.com/products/airplane/F16.htm

Wingspan:670mm
Fuselage length:1020mm
Wing loading:47g/dm2
Flying weight:650g
Servo:9g
Battery:11.1V 2200mAh 15C Li-Po
ESC:60A
Brushless Outrunner Motor:KV:4400
Ducted fan:EDF 64mm

Here it is un-boxed and slotted together. I thought I needed to cut the clear canopy cover, but it seems there's space for it in the mould. No cutting needed.

HobbyKing F-16 Falcon kit version (2 min 18 sec)
Last edited by Psychosix; Feb 17, 2017 at 09:06 AM.
Feb 17, 2017, 09:30 AM
great video, thanks for showing the plane! no Dynam, at most a clone with changed details, you are right I like it though

from the HK description with the pics you get the impression that the kit is painted in the Edwards scheme as well, but it's a white kit
actually I prefer it that way, and I will get one, thanks again for the thorough unboxing and helping us decide if we want one
cheers
EDIT: Just realized I have three (!) NIB F-16 to build (Phase-3, FMS 70mm, Starmax 64mm), so I'll pass
Last edited by mopetista; Feb 17, 2017 at 01:10 PM.
Feb 17, 2017, 09:45 AM
Blue skies!
You're welcome I was hoping to watch something like this before I bought it.. but couldn't find anything. I know it would have helped me decide whether to buy or not.

It does come with decals, which I neglected to show Here they are...
Feb 17, 2017, 09:57 AM
Blue skies!
Not sure why it's taken me this long to notice, but there are no ventral fins, as with the proper F-16! Even my little UMX F-16 has these. Hmmm..

Also, only 3 control arms in the pack. Lucky I keep spares! Missing one of the elevator arms.
Feb 17, 2017, 04:03 PM
With the fixed gear, how hard do you think it looks to use 1 servo and fish a piano wire back to the rudder control horn? As to use one servo for those of us who would install the stock landing gear

Also, would you please weigh the air frame with the supplied wheels and gear?

Appreciated
Feb 17, 2017, 06:58 PM
Blue skies!
It's not impossible.. there's a nice slot for a servo, right above the nose gear wire. It's designed to steer the nose from the front, but there's a channel that runs from the battery/RX compartment all the way to the EDF unit. You could run a wire most of the way along this channel, at a bit of an upwards angle, and then come out through a hole made in the fuselage near the rudder servo. Hope that makes sense? The ESC is a good 9 or 10 inches from the battery area.. pic doesn't do the distance justice.

I'd be tempted to just mix the rudder channel with the nose. No idea how they designed it to work otherwise.. the rudder and nose wheel are usually combined, I've found.

I've weighed the complete airframe with landing gear and hardware kit. Taking off the weight for the EDF unit, motor, ESC and best guess for how much the Gorilla taped underside weighs, the total weight is 405g.

Landing gear weighs 30g. It's quite strong. Nose wire has a nice loop for springyness!
Feb 17, 2017, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychosix
It's not impossible.. there's a nice slot for a servo, right above the nose gear wire. It's designed to steer the nose from the front, but there's a channel that runs from the battery/RX compartment all the way to the EDF unit. You could run a wire most of the way along this channel, at a bit of an upwards angle, and then come out through a hole made in the fuselage near the rudder servo. Hope that makes sense? The ESC is a good 9 or 10 inches from the battery area.. pic doesn't do the distance justice.

I'd be tempted to just mix the rudder channel with the nose. No idea how they designed it to work otherwise.. the rudder and nose wheel are usually combined, I've found.

I've weighed the complete airframe with landing gear and hardware kit. Taking off the weight for the EDF unit, motor, ESC and best guess for how much the Gorilla taped underside weighs, the total weight is 405g.

Landing gear weighs 30g. It's quite strong. Nose wire has a nice loop for springyness!
Thank you

405g air frame
97.5g Sapac 64mm fan and motor combo
22g for 3 servos 2 elevon and 1 rudder/gear steer
52.6g for GWS 35 ESC

577g total minus battery . Still seems heavy