Feb 09, 2017, 11:30 AM
EDF all the way!
Thread OP
Discussion

TopRCModels F9F Cougar

Starting a build thread for TopRC Model F9F Cougar. See here for vendor details.
Mine was shipped at the start of the Chinese New Year. Well it finally moved and it is Alaska now, should have it Monday.
Power set up is a Schubeler DS-86HDS w/Tenshock X501 5.5Y (810kV) motor and Masterspin 170 ESC on 12S. Will post pictures and answer questions during the build. Should not take too long. States it is 95% built when I get it.
See here for detail part pictures.
Bob
Last edited by bruff; Feb 09, 2017 at 11:35 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 09, 2017, 12:18 PM
KingtechUSA
Hope the build goes well! Very nice it includes a cockpit. Look forward to your build.

Looks like a direct copy of the little skymaster cougar but seems more $$. What retracts are you using?

They also have a picture of the large skymaster cougar on their website trying to show its their cougar.
Feb 09, 2017, 12:53 PM
EDF all the way!
Thread OP
I know about the pictures. What little I found was all positive. Tower Hobbies sells their P-51, Spifire and Zero. Friend of mine has the P-51 and states the glass work is fantastic. Tried getting the Skymaster EDF. Would have to order it with it showing up early April. This was in stock. Shipping was about the same between everybody.
Bob
Feb 09, 2017, 01:45 PM
KingtechUSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruff
I know about the pictures. What little I found was all positive. Tower Hobbies sells their P-51, Spifire and Zero. Friend of mine has the P-51 and states the glass work is fantastic. Tried getting the Skymaster EDF. Would have to order it with it showing up early April. This was in stock. Shipping was about the same between everybody.
Bob
Sounds good Bob. I have seen the P51 in person and you are right it is built very well and paint was also well done and nice and light. It is light years ahead of the old greatplanes P51.
Feb 10, 2017, 12:45 AM
Dont forget the velcro straps
Thats gunna be awesome!!!
Feb 10, 2017, 04:46 PM
I have their Spitfire. The glass work & paint was as good as Skymasters. It also flies great.

Bob G.
Feb 11, 2017, 03:06 AM
Did you get yours directly from TopRcModels ?

Thx in advance
Feb 11, 2017, 01:57 PM
EDF all the way!
Thread OP
No Got it from Austars Model in Sydney Australia. Gobal warehouse.
Bob
Feb 13, 2017, 01:48 PM
EDF all the way!
Thread OP
Got the jet today, all I can say is WOW!!!! Just need to dig up an assembly manual.
Will post pictures later.
Bob
\
Feb 14, 2017, 12:38 PM
EDF all the way!
Thread OP

Pictures

Here are some pictures more to come.
Bob
Feb 14, 2017, 01:36 PM
Dont forget the velcro straps
looks really nice!!
Feb 14, 2017, 04:27 PM
Pro Hoarder
Super Nice..how is the weight?
Latest blog entry: In flight
Feb 15, 2017, 02:06 PM
EDF all the way!
Thread OP
Wings area 1 lb each, completed with servo installed. Fuselage one servo installed does have doors and flaps hinged. 8 lbs.
Bob
Feb 15, 2017, 02:16 PM
Pro Hoarder
Not bad for its size
Latest blog entry: In flight
Feb 15, 2017, 10:11 PM
2020 EDF Jet Jam
Bob will you be using the inlet ring?

Quick Reply