Proboat alpha patrol boat - Page 3 - RC Groups
Feb 14, 2017, 10:37 AM
GET BACK IN THE SHOP!!!!!!
Nice job on the product Rafael. I remember how difficult the hatches and electronics placement were on that hull. Can't wait to see one in person.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2017, 11:09 AM
r/c ships and workboats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez
We feel, and hope, that most people who recognize the boat will buy it for it's iconic history and not because of the name on the box.
Definitely easy to recognize for those who know. I will be getting one as this will be quicker than building my own again. And since they were all built here in my home town..well makes sense to have one!! Looking forward to getting one and seeing what can be done with it. Build/change log will follow.
Feb 16, 2017, 03:44 PM
Here's a neat documentary on the PBR.

Patrol Boat, River PBR in Vietnam War | Military Special Forces (46 min 41 sec)
Feb 16, 2017, 11:32 PM
Keep a Steady Strain....
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG
Here's a neat documentary on the PBR.

https://youtu.be/7oPNk6iVaXk
Very cool video...thanks!
Feb 17, 2017, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capntroy
Very cool video...thanks!
You're welcome! Enjoy.

"PBR. Proud, Brave, Reliable!"

I'm also going to have to place at least a gunner figure in the front turret to match the cover photo of the video.
Last edited by DaveG; Feb 17, 2017 at 12:31 PM.
Feb 17, 2017, 02:56 PM
RCTugger
Fantastic video. Thank you DaveG. Makes me feel proud to have served back then.
Dave.
Feb 19, 2017, 03:23 PM
"that thing gotta Hemi?"
The PBR is a favorite of mine, but I'm wondering what to do about "crew" in this scale. Can't run a scale boat with a ghost crew, just doesn't look very scale to me.
Feb 19, 2017, 03:37 PM
Mmm, tugs...
Just talk to Luis.
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/panzervstanks
Feb 19, 2017, 04:03 PM
Keep a Steady Strain....
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmat2350
Very cool! We need the Chief, Lance, Clean, Chef & a Willard figure sitting on the motor cover reading a file..
Feb 19, 2017, 10:04 PM
r/c ships and workboats
Well I have officially pre ordered one to join my fleet of vessels. home town boat must have. Will have to look at some modifications to correct a couple things, including the clam shell.
Feb 19, 2017, 10:27 PM
Keep a Steady Strain....
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith S
Well I have officially pre ordered one to join my fleet of vessels. home town boat must have. Will have to look at some modifications to correct a couple things, including the clam shell.
Me too...in fact, they already sent the battery & wiring harness that I ordered at the same time as the boat...
Feb 20, 2017, 01:33 AM
Just Jamie and Me
I just pre-ordered one of these things.
Being a builder, I can't leave it alone, so it will get the weathering treatment along with additional details that I'm hoping to find pictures of on the Web. One thing it needs for sure are sailors. Guess I'll start at the toy stores to look at action figures and maybe figure out if there is a train scale that is close to this for additional stuff. Anyone know if the canopy on the original boat was some kind of fabric, or was it metal? Time to dig out that Tamiya scale model of the Pibber that I have stashed away somewhere in the dungeon.
Sigh...March is a long ways off...
Feb 20, 2017, 10:51 AM
Ahhgh! Not ANOTHER new plane!
Regarding crew figures......since Rafael gave us the boat scale - 1/18th - there is a wealth of action figures out there in that scale. It just remains for the veterans out there to discover which would be appropriate, or could be modified, for this boat.

On another note, anybody have an r/c helicopter large enough to pick this boat up?
Feb 20, 2017, 11:07 AM
GET BACK IN THE SHOP!!!!!!
Search 1:18 ultimate soldier vietnam on EBAY. Still a few listed but getting more expensive... Mine came out great with a little repainting....
Feb 20, 2017, 01:08 PM
Tug Hercules Fireman
Luis will do any scale, based on his series of figures;

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/panz...aign=affiliate

Give him a shout.