Proboat alpha patrol boat - Page 15 - RC Groups
Sep 03, 2017, 03:44 PM

Alpha

Woo hoo
hope that means mine will come on tuesday.
Bob
to remove ads between posts
Sep 06, 2017, 09:23 AM

Alpha

Shows backorder again
Bob
Sep 06, 2017, 11:59 AM
Got confirmation mine shipped
Bob
Sep 08, 2017, 11:44 PM
Does anyone have problem with the drain plug leaking water?
Sep 09, 2017, 01:35 PM
r/c ships and workboats
Quote:
Originally Posted by chumanji
Does anyone have problem with the drain plug leaking water?
As long as it is closed when going in, I haven't had any issues with it.
Sep 11, 2017, 02:22 AM
My drain plug seem to fit very loose. I ended putting some tape over it.
Sep 11, 2017, 07:59 PM

Decals

Ok
Im ready to put decals on the alpha. Question, has anyone who has one put decals on theirs. If so can you walk me through the process? The decals are from peddinghaus. My question is, is the alpha finish smooth enough to apply decals to or do I need to spray it with a clear gloss paint first? Mine has a glossy shean but Im not sure about installing the decals. Thanks in advance
Bob
Btw
I have put decals on before, I was just wondering if anyone had put them on the alpha. I was a little concerned about the finish on it. I put four on the cabin, painted them with solvaset and let them dry. Tommorrow I'll spray them with dullcoat to seal them on.
Last edited by Robert Pulse; Sep 12, 2017 at 04:11 PM.
Sep 12, 2017, 02:25 PM
Does anyone know if sharpening the impellers would be a benefit? I haven't
run mine yet because I am waiting on a charger. I pulled the impellers to grease the shafts and see the leading edges [not the outer edges] are blunt--like maybe 1/16th inch flat. I know regular boat propellers like to be sharp, but I have no jet drive experience. I am assuming sharpening and balancing would make them much more efficient, but am reluctant to do it for fear I may be screwing them up and that there may be a reason for them to be blunt. From what I see googling full size jet ski impellers it looks like they are sharp.
Sep 18, 2017, 09:48 AM
FYI---There are some recent posts over on the Jet Drive Boats forum.
Sep 18, 2017, 07:46 PM
Has anyone fixed the problem of water leaking inside the hull? Mine gets about a cup of water in it even after I sealed the hatches.
Last edited by Travisbair; Sep 18, 2017 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Spelling
Sep 19, 2017, 08:56 AM
I have read all the forums/threads I can find about this boat and so far have not seen any good solutions. I suppose you could tape everything in sight, but that would look terrible in my opinion.

It looks to me like these boats, in the real world, were operated on waters that did not have big waves---so, on a scale basis, operating on pretty calm water would look more realistic and act to keep a lot of water off the deck. Also, It looks to me like the model will operate at a speed far in excess of scale. So, keeping speed at something scale-like would also keep a lot of water from splashing onto the deck. I set my transmitter throttle limit at 75% which seems about right for scale speed. I can cruise around on fairly calm water at scale-like speeds and get maybe a tablespoon, or less, of water inside the hull. So, for me, this is the solution.
Sep 19, 2017, 08:48 PM
I ran mine the past weekend and did a couple spin outs. The only water I had was on deck, none inside.
The lake was fairly calm except for other boats on the lake. Have you run the boat much? I noticed some vibration in mine, Im assuming from the shafts or u-joints. I wonder if you have excessive wear on the inboard shaft bearing causing leakage. Have you greased that part of the shaft? The other area I have heard of leakage is where the drive body mounts to the bottom of the hull. All good things to check. This was the first run for me so Im going to check all these items. The only thing I noticed was the strainer for the jet intake was hanging by the brass wires of the strainer. Glad I didnt lose it
Bob