Proboat alpha patrol boat - RC Groups
Feb 09, 2017, 09:24 AM
SJ
SJ
Discussion

Proboat alpha patrol boat

This looks cool

http://www.proboatmodels.com/Product...rodId=PRB08027

Pro Boat® 21-inch Alpha Patrol Boat RTR (2 min 27 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Feb 09, 2017, 09:57 AM
Most anything RC
Very nice looking boat, well detailed and looks great on the water.
Feb 09, 2017, 10:17 AM
GET BACK IN THE SHOP!!!!!!
Finally!
Feb 09, 2017, 10:34 AM
boat butcher
interesting .

Mark
Feb 09, 2017, 10:35 AM
Grumpa Tom
This is awesome. Can't wait to get mine!

http://www.proboatmodels.com/Product...rodId=PRB08027
Feb 09, 2017, 10:42 AM
Mmm, tugs...
No reverse... seems to be about 1:18 scale based on length, but 1:16 based on beam... why "Alpha" and not "PBR"?
Feb 09, 2017, 10:44 AM
boat butcher
1/12th scale would have been better .

Mark
Feb 09, 2017, 11:07 AM
r/c ships and workboats
Quote:
Originally Posted by the goon
1/12th scale would have been better .

Mark
I agree, but for the price listed, nice buy!
Feb 09, 2017, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmat2350
No reverse... seems to be about 1:18 scale based on length, but 1:16 based on beam... why "Alpha" and not "PBR"?
I wonder if the need for reverse was negated because its small size and use of twin water jets instead of props?
Looks neat, like a reskined and modded version of that other new boat from PB... and like you mentioned 1:16 or even 1:10 would be nice.
Feb 10, 2017, 04:15 AM
Keep a Steady Strain....
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmat2350
My first thought exactly! It looks damn near prototypical, so why not identify it as what it as, a Mk II PBR...? They need to fire their marketing guy...

I'll get one and then CaptDH will have to show me how to rig up some reversing buckets...
Last edited by capntroy; Feb 10, 2017 at 05:23 AM.
Feb 10, 2017, 04:59 AM
RCTugger
Great looking boat. But they missed the mark on overall size, 1:10 or 1:12 would be better for us that operate on a decent sized pond. Not like the local backyard stream as in the video although it gave a realistic setting.
Feb 10, 2017, 10:11 AM
Jack of all, master of none
I really like the concept... but... I really prefer fiberglass hulls over plastic. I usually pass on a boat if its a plastic hull. Only exception is my Aquacraft Cajun Commander, and it reinforced the reason I don't like plastics hulls. Too toy like, easier to break, harder to repair, etc. Just my $.02.
Feb 10, 2017, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper Graham
I really like the concept... but... I really prefer fiberglass hulls over plastic. I usually pass on a boat if its a plastic hull. Only exception is my Aquacraft Cajun Commander, and it reinforced the reason I don't like plastics hulls. Too toy like, easier to break, harder to repair, etc. Just my $.02.
Especially on something like this - designed to fly up shallow rivers, and over minor obstacles...
Feb 10, 2017, 11:10 AM
r/c ships and workboats
I don't usually go for the rtr, but I am going to have to get me one of these. After all, the real ones were built here in my home town and seen a few.
Feb 10, 2017, 11:16 AM
Sea Dragon-Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by capntroy
My first thought exactly! It looks damn near prototypical, so why not identify it as what it as, a Mk II PBR...? They need to fire their marketing guy...

I'll get one and then CaptDH will have to show me how to rig up some reversing buckets...
Depends on which style of reversing bucket you want...