Feb 09, 2017, 08:04 AM
Warbird & Jet Lover
Discussion

Commander mPd 1.4m BNF Basic & PNP

Nice design from Mirco Pecorari and David Payne:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/product/...-basic-efl4850

Also available in PNP

1.4m span, made for 3S 2200+, has flaps & plug-in wings
Last edited by Dave Eichstedt; Feb 09, 2017 at 08:16 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 09, 2017, 09:46 AM
Warbird & Jet Lover
E-flite Commander mPd 1.4m BNF Basic & PNP (4 min 17 sec)
Feb 09, 2017, 09:56 AM
trial and error is lifestyle
just saw this looks like a nice scale/sport electric seems like a fair price too, safe option isnt really needed i feel though, just racks up the price for experienced pilots
Feb 09, 2017, 10:06 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC BOSS
just saw this looks like a nice scale/sport electric seems like a fair price too, safe option isnt really needed i feel though, just racks up the price for experienced pilots
You can chalk that up to HH's desire to use the AR636 in every single product in their line if at all possible.
Feb 09, 2017, 10:21 AM
Warbird & Jet Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
You can chalk that up to HH's desire to use the AR636 in every single product in their line if at all possible.
...which brings economies of scale and simplification of the production process, thus minimizing costs. At this point it's in so many products that you're not really paying that much more for it.
Feb 09, 2017, 10:39 AM
trial and error is lifestyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt
...which brings economies of scale and simplification of the production process, thus minimizing costs. At this point it's in so many products that you're not really paying that much more for it.
Good point just annoys me that tey have to do that plus sometime those receivers blow up and weigh to much i can live with it though
Feb 09, 2017, 10:43 AM
Warbird & Jet Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC BOSS
Good point just annoys me that tey have to do that plus sometime those receivers blow up and weigh to much i can live with it though
The AR636 weighs 10.2 grams!
Feb 09, 2017, 11:02 AM
I doubt SAFE adds much weight - not that I've tried to weigh it. Just leave it off if you don't want it. Lots of folks like it though so what's the problem.

This is good looking model - nice to see more variety coming from HH.
Feb 09, 2017, 11:18 AM
Parkstormer!
Nice looking bird. I'd wondered about speed on 3S, but it looks fine from the video. It's stretching my limits transport-wise, but the plug-in wings will help there. I think I'll be adding this one.
Feb 09, 2017, 11:19 AM
Yeah, all that stuff they add to things just costs money and is another thing to break. The air conditioning in cars reduces fuel mileage due to the weight, and it circulates germs and gives you asthma. Don't even get me started on manufacturer's putting carpeting in trucks.

Feb 09, 2017, 11:23 AM
And vanity mirrors! They are the real silent killer.

I'm more of a high wing guy but this bird looks really good.
Feb 09, 2017, 12:04 PM
There's threads where people have tried guessing what would be the next HH/eflite plane coming out; and LOTS of recommendations for what the next planes should be. But this plane; the 182; P47 UMX and Valiant just seem completely off the charts. In a really good way.

Thanks guys!
Feb 09, 2017, 12:09 PM
DFS#000178
The RV-4 styling is undeniable.

Infact, I wish they'd just gone the distance and made a scale RV-4 instead of a stand-off scale RV-4. Horizon has a history with Vans, it's not like it would've been out of the park for them to do so.

It's a pretty airplane, but as close as it is to a scale airframe I think maybe it should've been a scale airframe.

Also, 4 pounds on a 15-size 3S powersystem seems a little bit...hm...
Feb 09, 2017, 12:49 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt
I just wish that HH had chosen a receiver that doesn't cause issues with one of the biggest advantages of the Spektrum system, the telemetry. It's the only regular-sized receiver in the line that is not either fully telemetry enabled or fully compatible with the TM1000 (because it has internal short-range telemetry with no support for external sensors).
Feb 09, 2017, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage

Also, 4 pounds on a 15-size 3S powersystem seems a little bit...hm...
Is unlimited vertical and up to 60+ mph top speed on a 3S battery not enough power (and don't forget...the Valiant has more power than you expected it to )? You can always change to a larger diameter prop for more vertical or a higher pitch prop for more speed, but this power system was specially tuned using a higher kv motor and 45A ESC for an excellent blend of speed, vertical and flight time when using 3S 2200-3200mAh batteries.

Also, the RV was not used as inspiration for this model. Other full scale and fantasy designs may have been, but the RV? Aside from it being a low wing tail dragger by coincidence, it definitely wasn't. And if we wanted it to be an RV, it would have been an RV

Quick Reply