Feb 09, 2017, 05:42 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

America's kids got more stupid in reading, math and science while Team Obama was in c

Quote:
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/...in-charge.html

The Land of the Free, Home of the Brave, fell below the OECD average – and failed to crack the top ten in all three categories.

In other words, thanks to the Obama administration’s education policies, kids in the Slovac Republic are more proficient in multiplication.

In fairness, American teenagers may not know long form division - but by golly they know their non-binary gender pronouns. Yes sir, they do!

But you can't blame the kids for being dumb as rocks.

Instead of aspiring to greatness, public schools across the fruited plain are programming kids to be mediocre.

It doesn't matter if Little Johnny thinks five plus four is 12.

Modern-day classrooms are safe spaces where everybody’s a winner – everybody gets a gold star.

There's just one problem with that philosophy. When Little Johnny becomes Big Johnny he's going to be living off the taxpayer dime.

And good luck making change down at the Piggly Wiggly.

Clyde
Feb 09, 2017, 08:02 AM
KK4NOP
Fake news.
Feb 09, 2017, 08:11 AM
Real Time Recon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas View Post
Fake news.
Fake post
Feb 09, 2017, 08:29 AM
Alarm Bells Softening!
Ever heard of the OECD? Me neither. One of these agencies that spell words a bit odd: Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development as they are in Paris. http://www.oecd.org/

And here's apparently the test: http://www.oecd.org/pisa/ Maybe someone can find what the OP is referring to but I got bored and gave up.

Good news for Canada: they're at the top along with Finland and a few others. USA? Slightly above average.
Feb 09, 2017, 08:42 AM
Suspended Account
got more stupid in reading
^^^^ Doesnt even sound right to me.

It`s correct I suppose but what a poor choice of words IMO when the article relates to grammar.
Feb 09, 2017, 09:09 AM
KK4NOP
Quote:
Originally Posted by realtimerecon View Post
Fake post
It's not news but an op ed.
Feb 09, 2017, 09:45 AM
globemaster
He is citing Toad Starnes, worst "journalist" of Fauxnews. Is American kids have been reading his articles is comprehensible they are more stupid.
Feb 09, 2017, 10:01 AM
Figure Nine Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoyenny View Post
Is American kids have been reading his articles is comprehensible they are more stupid.
That sentence makes no sense. It has at least two errors.
Feb 09, 2017, 10:20 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
That sentence makes no sense. It has at least two errors.
Es los nińos estadounidenses han estado leyendo sus artículos es comprensible que son más estúpidos.

Just as I thought. Translating it into Spanish and it makes perfect sense
Feb 09, 2017, 10:43 AM
Figure Nine Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGjunkyard View Post
Es los nińos estadounidenses han estado leyendo sus artículos es comprensible que son más estúpidos.

Just as I thought. Translating it into Spanish and it makes perfect sense
He lives in Cypress, one assumes in California, English is the official language there last I checked.

Translating your Spanish back into English adds two pronouns, not found in his original though it is stilted.
Feb 09, 2017, 10:52 AM
Suspended Account
I read him say just yesterday he is from Venezuela where I believe they speak Spanish IIRC

It was a crude attempt of pointing out that perhaps he knows languages you have no knowledge of and I for one find what he wrote completely acceptable if that is the case.

Your hairsplitting sometimes gets the best of you IMO.
Feb 09, 2017, 10:53 AM
Figure Nine Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGjunkyard View Post
I read him say just yesterday he is from Venezuela where I believe they speak Spanish IIRC

It was a crude attempt of pointing out that perhaps he knows languages you have no knowledge of and I for one find what he wrote completely acceptable if that is the case.

Your hairsplitting sometimes gets the best of you IMO.
Blah blah. He made fun of the article and called kids stupid, it's up to him to get the English correct.

Vintage
Feb 09, 2017, 11:01 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
Blah blah. He made fun of the article and called kids stupid, it's up to him to get the English correct.

Vintage
That is funny knowing your standards. "Insatiable" comes to mind.
Feb 09, 2017, 11:01 AM
Altitude is my friend...
"...In other words, thanks to the Obama administration’s education policies, kids in the Slovac Republic are more proficient in multiplication."

Well, of course those Slovac kids blew past our little tykes because of Obama! With him in office, ours had no chance against the Slovenians.

Everything is the fault of the POTUS! Makes perfect sense to me!

With Trump in charge, our kids are going to put down their smart phones and dig right into their homework! Inspired by Honest Don, they'll be downright scholarly!

Four more years!
Feb 09, 2017, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoyenny View Post
He is citing Toad Starnes, worst "journalist" of Fauxnews. Is American kids have been reading his articles is comprehensible they are more stupid.
That would be Todd Starnes to you.. learn how to spell.

Quick Reply