Oct 08, 2004, 01:20 PM
Account closed
Thread OP
http://www.wildrc.com/htmlpages/spaceshipone.html

Check out this Flying “Electric” Remote Controlled Model of the SPACE SHIP ONE.

Carlos
to remove ads between posts
Oct 08, 2004, 05:57 PM
Team Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000
http://www.wildrc.com/htmlpages/spaceshipone.html

Check out this Flying “Electric” Remote Controlled Model of the SPACE SHIP ONE.

Carlos

Wow... that is pretty cool !
Where do you find all these cool things ?
At first glance I thought it was made from Bluecore, but I don't think it is ?

Keep em coming,
I, for one, enjoy them !

Jim
Oct 08, 2004, 08:36 PM
Account closed
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishdeth
Wow... that is pretty cool !
Where do you find all these cool things ?
At first glance I thought it was made from Bluecore, but I don't think it is ?

Keep em coming,
I, for one, enjoy them !

Jim
Jim,

If you read the article you will know that the model is made from carbon rods and ripstop polyester. At 11oz. using 5 servos it sure is very scale and functions just like the real thing.

Also, there's a VIDEO at that web site, take a look at it and you will see how scale that model flys.

Carlos
Oct 08, 2004, 08:38 PM
Account closed
Thread OP

Edwards for nice flying at 7:00AM Sharp!

Correction....

I'll be at Edwards flying my models at the concrete band practice at 7:00AM sharp and coffee in hand.

Carlos
Last edited by guapoman2000; Oct 08, 2004 at 10:36 PM.
Oct 09, 2004, 08:57 AM
Team Broke
Guys,
I went down to the local schoolyard this morning to get some more stick time on the "Troll".
Carlos, you are right... this baby DOES fly better than the GWS Formosa. Absolutely unbelieveable !!!
Took 5 Li-Po packs with me. 4 of them are the old 6C 2100 TP packs, of which one is going south. Reduced performance AND runtime !
The 10C pack really made the Himax 2015/4100 REALLY perform !
The 6C packs fly her quite well, but the 10C really ZOOMS !
I have a company Luau to go to today but I would like to hook up with some of you guys tomorrow. Possibly @ Edwards ???
Let me know where you are all congregating & I will be there EARLY.
Maybe Shader ???

Jim
Oct 09, 2004, 11:08 AM
Account closed
Thread OP
Got at EDWARDS at 7:07AM Eastern and took off with the Herr Engineering Mini-Sport at 7:25AM in a shallow pull up and she looked fantastic going up true and scale.

Flight #1:
Battery Volts Start: 12.14 Volts
Battery Volts End: 8.90 Volts <---Wow, that's the lowest I have come.
Flight Duraton: 26 minutes, 14 seconds <--Holy smokes!

Flight #2:
Battery Volts Start: 12.13 Volts
Battery Volts End: 11.14 Volts
Flight Duraton: 24 minutes, 09 seconds <--Very good!

During the end of the second flight, I had to bring her in since it was 8:31AM and a little shower cloud came in over head but, it didn't last long. Then, Ed (EzEd) came over and flew his Cap 232 and landed after 5 minutes. I then took out my RAMBLER EP and flew for 7 minutes and 32 seconds.

I was able to get REAL...GUTSY and commanded that little mini-sport to fly inverted after performing a half loop. I could not beleive my eyes she tracked very well inverted for a model with just elevator and rudder. I got real close to the ground and close to some young pine trees! Wow! That was excitment!

While flying my RAMBLER EP, it was real funny to see me under pressure since I was warned that the High School Band practice was coming over at 9:00AM to use the concrete surface and I waited until the last second. After three approaches, she finally landed at 8:56AM and when I looked down the band members were just approaching the edge of the concrete surface!

Ed left promptly and I was able to see his new glider.

Carlos
Last edited by guapoman2000; Oct 09, 2004 at 10:57 PM.
Oct 09, 2004, 05:01 PM
Watts Rule, Glows Drool
I might be able to come out sunday morn to edwards, who else is coming.

Toby
Oct 09, 2004, 06:44 PM
Team Broke
I'm charging batteries now and gathering up all my stuff & setting it next to the front door so I can get out the door early.
See you ALL there..........

Jim
Oct 09, 2004, 10:53 PM
Account closed
Thread OP
I am charging all my batteries as well and should be there around 7:15AM at Edwards, see you guys there then!

Like old times, the gathering of the Orlando Squadron!

Carlos
Oct 10, 2004, 11:32 AM
Account closed
Thread OP

Super SUNDAY morning Flying with Orlando Squadron!

Finally some of the Orlando Squadron met today to good old times and great flying!

All models here are brushless
Oct 10, 2004, 11:36 AM
Account closed
Thread OP

Eddy and his CAP-232!

Eddy sure flew his CAP 232 with lots of Gusto and determination. That model flew GREAT!
Oct 10, 2004, 11:44 AM
Account closed
Thread OP
Jim's Depron Bipe creation was just fantastic the model flew in tight formation about 1 foot off the deck with great control and slow flight capabilities and the manuvers were just as impressive. Landing her is just a joy! Get a tail wheel for her Jim!
Oct 10, 2004, 11:49 AM
Account closed
Thread OP

Ed's TM400 with MEGA DD Power!

Ed showed up with his fleet as well and the TM400 with that quiet yet powerful MEGA 16/15/X-Turn power was impressive and the model exhibited great control, speed and yet it still floats down just perfect!
Oct 10, 2004, 02:19 PM
Team Broke
Carlos,
Thanks so much for the great pictures. I forgot to bring my camera this morning.
If you still have the original full sized files could you possibly e-mail them to me? Thanks.

Had a BLAST this morning !
Great to see all you guys again.

You too Earl

Jim
Oct 10, 2004, 07:17 PM
Account closed
Thread OP

Unedited Pictures of today's Orlando Squadron Fly-In!

Jim,

You are very welcomed and presently I am uploading those unedited, full-size pictures at my HOME PAGE at:

guapoman2000.rchomepage.com

Try to wait another 10 minutes since I have dail up
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's two additional picture of that Depron Bipe!

Carlos

Quick Reply