This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 08, 2017, 06:32 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

Did it!

OK, so resurrecting a coaxial helicopter isn't that big a deal, but dang, was it fun.

To wit, this centered around a "what if" thought I had when I dusted off my rebuilt Twister Police Helicam coaxial helicopter per a previous entry. That made me think of the incomplete model I'd purchased several years before but never operated.

A check of the freezer bag in which I'd stored it revealed a like new frame, all electronics except for the receiver (removed in order to test another model soon after I bought the helicopter) and all of the accessories including double-stick tape pads, tie wraps, screwdriver, used blades and a new, unwrapped set of blades. Since the Blade CX4 hadn't been released prior to the model being stored, I didn't have a US-based parts source, so away it went.

My worry was that the 3-in-1 mixer unit might not be working; I don't recall ever powering up the frame. To my utter delight, everything worked once I reconnected the receiver!

A very small infusion of money for the fuselage which I bought for half the retail price on Amazon plus the battery tray, skids and fuselage mounts from the local hobby shop resulted in the little green beauty pictured below. It is literally a brand new machine and I figured it deserved the new blades instead of the used ones. Naturally, it flies like a coaxial helicopter. Easy to fly and hover indoors; impossible to fly outdoors in wind.

I should have done this ages ago! Next on the list is another battery. For now, I'll enjoy the battery I have.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply