Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Traxxas Deegan 38 Ford Fiesta ST Rally

Traxxas has introduced an all new 1/10th scale rally car platform with the Deegan 38 Ford Fiesta ST Rally. Featuring a brushed 550 motor and 2S LiPo compatibility, the Deegan 38 Ford Fiesta is a great basher on any terrain. Let's take a quick look!

Splash

Low Aggressive Stance. Fully Ready to Run

The all new Deegan 38 Ford Fiesta Rally ST features a Titan 12T 550 brushed motor, a TQ 2.4GHz transmitter, a 7-cell NiMH 3000mAh battery with Traxxas iD connector, and a 2056 high-torque steering servo. The included LX-5 speed control is designed for a 7-cell NiMH or 2S LiPo, and the shocks are oil filled with powder-coated progressive rate springs.

This is basically a Traxxas Rally VXL with the updated and licensed Deegan Ford Fiesta body and a brushed motor instead of the brushless VXL configuration. The ready to run configuration retails for $299.95 and is scheduled for release in late March.

CLICK HERE for the Traxxas 1/10 NOS Deegan 38 Ford Fiesta ST Rally

Deegan 38 Fiesta ST Rally | Traxxas (1 min 30 sec)

Features

• Chassis: Low-CG fiber-composite monocoque with high approach angle front foam bumper.
  • Drive: 4 wheel shaft, telescoping universal driveshafts.
  • Differentials: Sealed Revo Spec gear type with precision silicone gaskets and X-ring seals, hardened steel gears, high stall gear clutch absorbs initial shock when moving from dirt to pavement, or launching from a jump.
  • Motor: Titan 12T 550 modified, brush equipped, chassis and gears are brushless ready for easy upgrade to Velineon brushless power.
  • Radio: TQ 2.4GHz w/#6519 3-ch micro receiver.
  • Steering Servo: 2056 high torque.
  • Electronic Speed Control: XL-5 forward and reverse, 2S LiPo compatible.
  • Shocks: Oil-filled Ultra, white powder coated springs with progressive action.
  • Suspension: Long travel articulation with double-shear tie rods and camber links.
  • Steering: Dual bellcrank with integrated cam type servo saver.
  • Body: Licensed Ford Fiesta ProGraphix painted.
  • Battery: 7-cell NiMH 3000mAh with Traxxas iD connector.
  • Tires: All terrain, 4.02" (102mm) diameter, foam inserts.
  • Wheels: 2.2" 12 spoke rally replica, black in color, 12mm hexes
  • Ball Bearings: Rubber sealed.

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Feb 09, 2017 at 03:46 PM..
Feb 09, 2017, 10:06 PM
I wonder why they didn't make it brushless? To keep price down maybe?

300 still seems like a lot for a brushed car
Feb 10, 2017, 07:56 AM
Did I make the A Main?
Quote:
Traxxas has introduced an all new 1/10th scale rally car platform
What exactly is "all new" about this platform? Looks like the same old Rally chassis to me that is roughly 3 years old and not one single improvement to the design/geometry that I can see... what am I missing?

Tires/paint scheme are hardly platform specific IMO
Feb 10, 2017, 09:35 AM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_delong
What exactly is "all new" about this platform? Looks like the same old Rally chassis to me that is roughly 3 years old and not one single improvement to the design/geometry that I can see... what am I missing?

Tires/paint scheme are hardly platform specific IMO
Yes, I guess you're right. It's a new offering from Traxxas even though the chassis is the same as I stated in the article. I'll be more mindful of using the word New on these news pieces. Thanks.
Feb 10, 2017, 09:46 AM
Did I make the A Main?
didn't mean to take a stab at you Matt, it's just marketing ploy (in general) that has somewhat annoyed me and I know Traxxas isn't alone in making claims of "All New" stuff which in reality isn't anything new... I kinda have a greater appreciation for the Tamiya "Re-released" stuff, that would be more appropriate where I think this Ford Fiesta is more like a re-re of the original Traxxas Rally... though I'm sure all the money Traxxas paid to get licensing to market the Fiesta wasn't cheap I just have a greater appreciation for redirecting some money toward actual product improvement. Otherwise it's like putting "lipstick on a pig" when the only changes are body/wheels.