X24 Integrated Flight Control System - Page 8 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by JimDrew, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 05, 2018, 01:15 PM
...the battery is not too big!
The ad was here on RCG, and the link on ad brought me here.

If this is not a flight controller in the real sense, then why is it not called a power controller, or something else, to avoid confusion.
I am sure i am not the only person that has mistaken this product for a navigation flight controller just for the plain fact that you are calling it a 'flight controller'. This is a tad misleading.
Last edited by Pcb McFry; Jan 05, 2018 at 01:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 05, 2018, 01:20 PM
From what i have seen and heard so far, this is NOT a flight controller but only a power controller to work with a real fc.

To me this is an ad gimmick to get folks to check it out.
Not good.
Jan 05, 2018, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcb McFry
The ad was here on RCG, and the link on ad brought me here.

If this is not a flight controller in the real sense, then why is it not called a power controller, or something else, to avoid confusion.
I am sure i am not the only person that has mistaken this product for a navigationnavigation flight controller just for the plain fact that you are calling it a 'flight controller'. This is a tad misleading.
I was typing my PS probably at the same time you were posting this......
Jan 05, 2018, 05:36 PM
For many of us in the "Giant/Scale" community, this "Device" is a God/Send......whatever we choose to call it!.......just saying
Jan 05, 2018, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tande
For many of us in the "Giant/Scale" community, this "Device" is a God/Send......whatever we choose to call it!.......just saying
There's no doubt that it's a great product.... no argument there.

But, let's call a spade a spade.....
Jan 05, 2018, 07:21 PM
I think you are confusing "flight stabilization system" and "flight control system". The X24 is an Integrated Flight Control System. It is a single device that powers and controls the entire servo system, allows you to match servos, assign channels to servos, power ignition systems, handle multiple receivers, handle the failsafe system, servo sequencer system, low current switch input for 200A bus, and much more. It handles everything in your aircraft - in a single box. It was actually recommended by numerous customers that we change the name from X24 Channel Expander to X24 IFCS (integrated flight control system) because that better describes the product. I agree, so I did. Now, having said that, there will be a PRO version that does have a 3-axis gyro, 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis magnetometer, and barometric pressure sensor. There is already an input possible for GPS. Mavlink will also be supported with the PRO version. Any existing X24 can be upgraded to the PRO version. A "flight control system" is not a multi-rotor controller box, and even though the X24 PRO could fly a multi-rotor, it's not intended (and won't be promoted) as such.
Last edited by JimDrew; Jan 05, 2018 at 11:34 PM.
Jan 06, 2018, 05:31 PM
Thank u very much sir for the explanation.
Preconditioning i suppose to assume fc means stabilization.
Sounds like an excellent product.
With drone being the current rage, addind a pro unit with stabilization can only be a smart move, IMO.
Will be looking out for the pro version..........and apologies for the gimmick remark.
Jan 06, 2018, 07:19 PM
No worries, it's always good to get feedback from people!
Jan 13, 2018, 10:14 AM
Build more, websurf less
Jim,

Was there anything interesting and new (besides your stuff) at the AMA show?

Can you share some pictures? Thanks,

Paul
Jan 14, 2018, 06:23 PM
I never left the booth. My wife was sick, so I went by myself. Quique was there with a new all foam 3D plane that was nice looking. I saw that an aisle over.
Jan 15, 2018, 09:08 AM
Build more, websurf less
Thanks Jim. I hope your wife feels better. Paul
Jan 21, 2018, 03:23 AM
When using the JETI system with JETI UDI output mode, make sure that you set the frame rate in the receiver to be 14ms. UDI spec calls for a 14ms frame rate. Also note that JETI's channel mapping does not match the UDI spec. I am going to have to make a firmware update that makes a special mapping just for the JETI system so that what appears on the transmitter's servo monitor is how the X24 sees the inputs.

Edit: I just updated the X24 firmware so that a straight channel map is used for the input in UDI mode.
Last edited by JimDrew; Jan 21, 2018 at 03:53 PM.
Today, 08:01 AM
No bounce, No play.

External LED

I just scored one of these from local classifieds for a total steal. Very impressed with the abilities.

Wondering about the LED in the Pin/Flag switch.

Is it as simple as bussing the positive from BEC ouput to the positive on the switch connector?

"The LED output is connected to the state of the BEC output."

Thanks

David
Today, 08:04 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
........ Any existing X24 can be upgraded to the PRO version. ......
It would be a matter of sending it in to get components added?

Quick Reply