X24 Integrated Flight Control System - Page 5 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by JimDrew, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 06, 2017, 07:02 PM
I am wondering if it is the switch. I had one customer return a switch that was doing this, and I confirmed the switch itself was intermittent. I have everything packed up at the moment preparing to move, but I will look into this as soon as I unpack everything.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 11, 2017, 01:41 PM

RxPorts Priority?

Does the X24 give priority to RxPort, I want to connect 2 receivers and having one with a Cortex Pro and one without, so that if one of the receiver or the cortex failed, it will always be at least one receivers still active. If I connect both receiver through the Cortex and the cortex failed, everything will fail. But, the concern I have is if the X24 switch without priority on all receivers ports it mean that it will switch on and off of the gyroed one, making the flight unpredictable…

Thanks,
Aug 14, 2017, 12:03 AM
Recievers must be plugged in directly. You can not have anything between the Rx and the X24, no exceptions.

The X24 uses the first valid receiver's data, starting at the lowest Rx port number. If you had 4 receivers and never had a lost packet on Rx Port 1 then the data from the other receivers will have never been used. When packets arrive from the recievers (which occurs virtually at the exact same time), the data for each reciever is checked and marked as good or bad in the table that keeps track of each reciever's status. Once that is done, the computer goes through the list of recievers starting at Rx Port 1 and if the packet is good then that data is used. There is a time stamp, so the computer knows which receiver(s) have the most recent data.

We will have the X24 Pro available later this year (you will be able to update an existing X24), which will give you substantially better stabilization capabilities than the Cortex and any other gryo/flight stabilization system, and it's integrated into the X24's servo control.
Last edited by JimDrew; Aug 14, 2017 at 12:08 AM.
Aug 17, 2017, 02:55 PM
Thanks Jim, when do you expect this new X24 to be release ? Is the gyros will be a physical addon to it (elseway how are we gonna be able to update our current x24) ? Thanks
Aug 18, 2017, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinLeblond
Thanks Jim, when do you expect this new X24 to be release ?
Jim said "later this year"......

He is adamant about not committing to any release dates so I'm surprised that he even said that .....

Case in point, the transmitter...... still waiting for ANY real status on when that might be released..... We've been waiting for it for over 6 YEARS !!!
Aug 18, 2017, 09:12 AM
Jim, my understanding is that because of the way the X24 prioritize/manage rx ports, if you put something between the receiver and the X24, it may create a delay leading the X24 to use the next rx port, I am right?

If yes, then if I use only one receiver/Cortex Pro combination it should work fine, more clearly:

X24 --- Cortex Pro Out --- Cortex Pro In --- Receiver

Meaning the receiver will be powered by the Cortex Pro and the later will be powered by the X24 (all of them sharing the same power bus).

Is this correct?

I don’t necessary need specifically a Cortex Pro, but your X24 Pro may get out after my project will be ready for this step (and I don’t want to delay it, it delayed all by it self way too much ;-) …).

But for sure, if your Pro version get out first I will be more than happy to use it!

JUAN : I did see it, I was just "trying" to get more precision from Jim... ;-)

Robin
Aug 19, 2017, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinLeblond
Jim, my understanding is that because of the way the X24 prioritize/manage rx ports, if you put something between the receiver and the X24, it may create a delay leading the X24 to use the next rx port, I am right?

If yes, then if I use only one receiver/Cortex Pro combination it should work fine, more clearly:

X24 --- Cortex Pro Out --- Cortex Pro In --- Receiver

Meaning the receiver will be powered by the Cortex Pro and the later will be powered by the X24 (all of them sharing the same power bus).

Is this correct?

I don’t necessary need specifically a Cortex Pro, but your X24 Pro may get out after my project will be ready for this step (and I don’t want to delay it, it delayed all by it self way too much ;-) …).

But for sure, if your Pro version get out first I will be more than happy to use it!

JUAN : I did see it, I was just "trying" to get more precision from Jim... ;-)

Robin
I'm sure you also saw Jim state, "Recievers must be plugged in directly. You can not have anything between the Rx and the X24, no exceptions" . Even if you could , wouldn't doing so defeat your original intent of having a "backup" receiver??
Aug 20, 2017, 06:45 PM
You can not ever have anything plugged in between a reciever and the X24. There is a very narrow window of time that is allowed between recievers, and adding anything except a long extension is not allowed.

I don't give release dates, and I no longer even announce what is being worked on because then people expect a release date. The X24 Pro (and the ability to upgrade an existing X24 by sending it back to us) was made known at the beginning of the X24 announcement, so it's not a secret. However, there is no release date.
Aug 21, 2017, 08:17 AM
Thanks Jim.

Juan, yes it would defeat the original intent of having a backup receiver, but it was just a temporary solution while waiting for the Pro version.