This thread is privately moderated by JimDrew, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 13, 2020, 09:04 PM
I will say my cub has 16 servos plus the ignition kill and I’m only using 7 channels. The X24 is the best piece of equipment I have.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 14, 2020, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Yeah, send it to us. It may not be the display (although I would think it is). Even if we have to replace the X24 I can transfer your settings to a new unit.
Sent via UPS today Jim. Thanks
Sep 15, 2020, 12:26 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkent27
No, none of the values change on the servo output screen when i move the sticks. I'm using just a single spektrum satellite rx in the #1 position during the set up but plan on adding more before flying.
You need to setup your DX18 so it outputs all of the channels. If you donít see more than 7 channels in the X24ís servo output screen then you probably didnít bind the satellite receiver using the X24 in the proper mode mode.
Sep 15, 2020, 11:05 AM
Quote:
You need to setup your DX18 so it outputs all of the channels. If you donít see more than 7 channels in the X24ís servo output screen then you probably didnít bind the satellite receiver using the X24 in the proper mode mode.

On the servo setup screen of the DX18 it definitely shows that both channels move when I move the sticks. I'm also getting 9 plus channels on the output of the x24. I just can't get the tx and the x24 to play on that channel.

For now, I've set up both elevators on the same channel and I'm happy with that. Just eats at me that I can't get that channel 9 to work.

When I get home today, I'm gonna try and re-bind and see if that helps.

Thanks to everyone for the replies!
Sep 15, 2020, 08:46 PM
Just curious. Did your Ch6 Aux 1 Ail work? There’s no switches assigned to Aux 4 in your radio right? I know it’s assigned to L Elevator so that’s probably a no. I’m about to go buy a DX18 just to figure this out lol.
Sep 15, 2020, 09:05 PM
Iím about to go buy a DX18 just to figure this out lol.[/QUOTE]

Lol, thanks but please don't do that.......unless you need a radio, of course. Yes both aileron channels work perfectly. I even swapped the mapping from the left side to the right and they still worked perfectly.

I'm still working on trying different things. I just didn't get time to mess with it tonight.

I'll post up when I get it figured out.

thx
Sep 15, 2020, 09:47 PM
Thread OP
It doesn’t matter what your DX-18 shows. If you don’t bind the satellite receiver to output all of the channels then you won’t get them all. How are you binding the receiver?
Sep 16, 2020, 09:28 AM
Quote:
It doesnít matter what your DX-18 shows. If you donít bind the satellite receiver to output all of the channels then you wonít get them all. How are you binding the receiver?
Now that you mention it. I think I remember reading either on here or in the manual that is was better to bind under 11ms instead of 22ms in order to get all of the channels. I can't be sure but I'll bet I did the bind under 22ms just because that's what I've always done.

I'll re-bind tonight when I get home.

thx
Sep 16, 2020, 11:33 AM
No bounce, No play.
Binding with Xplus activated (all 18 chs) will make all 22ms.

"Regular Bind" will give you 10 chs, with 11ms on select chs
Sep 16, 2020, 06:23 PM
welp.......that did the trick! channel 9 is now working on the x24

not sure if it was because I changed to 11ms or just because I did the re-bind. Either way a good lesson is it never hurts to do a re-bind

I'm super happy either way!

Thanks to Jim and those that replied. Hope this helps a future spektrum user
Sep 17, 2020, 03:05 PM
Thread OP
Great to hear you got it sorted out!
Sep 17, 2020, 08:37 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Delaney
Sent via UPS today Jim. Thanks
Got your X24 today. It was the display! Very strange as we have used thousands of these, with the only failures occurring from physical damage (pressing the screen and cracking the glass). This one looked perfect. What type of aircraft is this mounted in? Are you using the vibration dampening pad that we include with the X24?

It has been fixed and will ship out in the morning.
Last edited by JimDrew; Sep 18, 2020 at 12:27 PM.
Sep 17, 2020, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Got your X24 today. It was the display! Very strange as we have used thousands of these, with the only failures occurring from physical damage (pressing the screen and cracking the glass). This one looked perfect. What type of aircraft is this mounted in? Are you using the vibration dampening pad that we include with the X24?

I has been fixed and will ship out in the morning.
Hempel 60% cub. Yes I am using the pad that came with the x24 however the airplane has never been flown yet. I was just doing the initial setup of the radio gear and auto matching servos. Havenít even ran the engine yet. Iím glad it was a simple fix. Thanks Jim.
Sep 17, 2020, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkent27
welp.......that did the trick! channel 9 is now working on the x24

not sure if it was because I changed to 11ms or just because I did the re-bind. Either way a good lesson is it never hurts to do a re-bind

I'm super happy either way!

Thanks to Jim and those that replied. Hope this helps a future spektrum user
Great! Glad you got it figured out and it was something simple.
Sep 18, 2020, 12:29 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Delaney
Hempel 60% cub. Yes I am using the pad that came with the x24 however the airplane has never been flown yet. I was just doing the initial setup of the radio gear and auto matching servos. Havenít even ran the engine yet. Iím glad it was a simple fix. Thanks Jim.
Well, I guess I will consider that just a bad display from China. Not much I can do about that.

Quick Reply